It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When you KNOW someone is telling the truth.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 06:13 PM
link   
When someone is describing paranorimal storiy, you cant help but to be a little sceptical of what your hearing. Well, one night me and some friends where out walking back from somewhere (i think the movies) and someone told a story of something scary that happend to them. Anyways, eveyone in the group starts sharing there expieriences. Most of them where able to be shrugged off as either being a young child and having a prety big imagination or the person was simply lying. I was listening to all of these stories (for lack of my own) and then my friend Ian starts to share his story.

I dont know what it was but for some reason, I belived him. just the mainly by the seriousness on his face and in his voice. Although it wasnt the seriousness of his voice or his face that convinced me. There was something else in his voice that I cant explain, but I will try. He was telling a story about his birth mother (he was abopted) and how she died in a car accident before he could even remember. and how he saw her many time throught his life but she has never spoke and is only there briefly.

He went into ALOT more detail than I am and i am maily summing the story up to spare the reader. But what did i hear in his voice? The truth. he was telling the story with such emotion but there where no tears. He sounded like he was remenising on a time when his ghost mother would visit him and he missed her. (almost liek a story from the "good ol' days")

I felt touched by his story, maily by the fact he never knew his mother as a physcal preson, but rather a ghostly aperition thathe said was there throught importnt events in his life briefly. it give me goosebumps and is now by simply thing about it as it sounded liek her tryley and from the bottom of his hear missed seing that ghostly figure.

My question is, Has anyone else had a expeirience where the KNEW someone was being completly honest with you while sharing there story based on either the tone of voice or the way there eyes look or something... they cant explain?

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 08:46 PM
link   
I know when people talk about things that they believe to be paranormal sometimes they will get watery eyes and goosebumps (I do, myself). You cant fake that- their voice will shake a little too because of the chills. I think it is entirely possible to know if a person is telling the truth under those circumstances.

I can detect a lie pretty easily, many people can. I used to date a pathalogical liar- they cant control their lying and lie about really stupid, unimportant things. I always knew, and I would get so mad at him, and he would get extremely agitated because he didnt know what to do when I called him on it. Needless to say, we didn't last long.

join