It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Buy your'e own personal Predator uav

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2004 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Cool replica of the Predator uav.Can take color video and photo stills.Even has an optional autonomous gps flight control system.
www.draganfly.com...

posted on Mar, 8 2004 @ 11:56 AM
link   
This is a waaaaaaay downsized replice, but it is cool none the less.
It should be gas powered instead of electric though.

posted on Mar, 8 2004 @ 12:11 PM
link   
It has a 15-20min flight time with Nicad battery or a 1hr flight time with Lithium-polymer battery.

posted on Mar, 8 2004 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Yes the flight time is very respectable, but gas power would enable better performance for pursuing bad guys and give better video because it could carry bigger cameras with longer lenses.

posted on Mar, 8 2004 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Good point.A zoom lens would be better.

posted on Mar, 8 2004 @ 12:30 PM
link   
This thing will make a great addition to my garage. Now i can spy on my neighbors and rain down hellfire missles at will. Do you know if it can be ordered with the NSA / CIA Echelon Voice Print Recognition system? I could use that to track my elusive mother in law!

posted on Mar, 8 2004 @ 12:44 PM
link   
It's perfect for thong bikini reconassiance..hehe.

jhh

posted on Mar, 8 2004 @ 05:33 PM
link   
I wonder how much the Autonomous gps flight control system costs. And as far electric instead of gas, you would think electric would make it more stealth.

But if I ever see this at a local hobby store there will be no way I can turn it down. If it had the same features and price. Really the only thing keeping me from buying it right now is giving some unknown guy $750.

posted on Mar, 8 2004 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Any takers for flying one of these things over Area 51????
could get some nice shots for a few seconds!

posted on Mar, 8 2004 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Yeah seriously, this COULD be the thing we need to fly over area 51.

posted on Mar, 8 2004 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Did u see the b2? It goes 70 mph!!!! Add a camera and its 500 thats all. I want one. Perfect for area 51

posted on Mar, 8 2004 @ 09:00 PM
link   
now that is the coolest toy i've ever seen! now if only i had $600 lying around somewhere.........

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 12:06 PM
link   
I dont think it'd work if it was used to infiltrate Area51.Even at it maximum flight time of 1hr it would run out of juice before it got close to take pix.The area is mountainous and you'd hafta literally sneak past security and some of its defenses to get close to give it a chance of success.Then there's the issue of recovering the plane.

new topics

top topics

join