It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"He's Alive" - My Favorite Twilight Zone Episode

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 05:31 PM
link   
'He's Alive' Orginaly broadcast Jan 14th, 1963...

I Love the Twilight Zone, and this episdoe was esspicialy chilling, with overtones that relate to the world today.

The last 10 mins of this episode is by far the best TZ work ive ever seen.

Here 1/6

Here is the opening and closing nariations...

(opening narration) Portrait of a bush-league fuhrer named Peter Vollmer, a sparse little man who feeds off his self-delusions and finds himself perpetually hungry for want of greatness in his diet. And like some goose-stepping predecessors he searches for something to explain his hunger, and to rationalize why a world passes him by without saluting. That something he looks for and finds is in a sewer. In his own twisted and distorted lexicon he calls it faith, strength, truth. But in just a moment Peter Vollmer will ply his trade on another kind of corner, a strange intersection in a shadowland called the Twilight Zone..

(closing narration) Where will he go next, this phantom from another time, this resurrected ghost of a previous nightmare - Chicago; Los Angeles; Miami, Florida; Vincennes, Indiana; Syracuse, New York? Anyplace, everyplace, where there's hate, where there's prejudice, where there's bigotry. He's alive. He's alive so long as these evils exist. Remember that when he comes to your town. Remember it when you hear his voice speaking out through others. Remember it when you hear a name called, a minority attacked, any blind, unreasoning assault on a people or any human being. He's alive because through these things we keep him alive...

If your skin is not crawling during this episode... your not human... This is the best written, most well produced, with the most meaning Twilight Zone Episode...

And make no mistake about hit... He's Alive.... Also, the episode stars a very young Dennis Hopper.

Just Beautiful... what an episode...

I can't belive this, 40 years ago, America used to make great TV shows, shows that made the mind think, shows that made parrels, parrels that will ring thru time.

Beautiful... if you have an hour... please watch it...

[edit on 7/5/2008 by TKainZero]

[edit on 7/5/2008 by TKainZero]

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 05:37 PM
link   
I just love the Zone... made me smile and think at the same time... always....:w:

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by TKainZero

i saw this one early friday night, really good creepy episode

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by TKainZero
I can't belive this, 40 years ago, America used to make great TV shows, shows that made the mind think, shows that made parrels, parrels that will ring thru time.

Wow...Dennis Hopper was so young!

As far as the great tv shows from 40 years ago, the morality plays really don't do it for me. The characters are way to one dimensional...they beat you over the head with "he is bad, very very bad...weak, scared, pathetic, etc...

Fact is the real villians in the world don't usually wear their evilness on their sleave like in old tv shows. They have a charming side, they are likeable, they have kids and cute dogs and doting wives and lots of traits that will show the masses "they are great guys that are concerned about the people!" especially when compared to old twilight zone episodes.

There were some great twilight zone episodes, no doubt, but the overtly judgemental, moral episodes are just to simplistic. The one with william shatner on the plane, with the monster in the one piece bunny suit thing on the wing (complete with the little feet) was my favorite.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sonya610

As far as the great tv shows from 40 years ago, the morality plays really don't do it for me. The characters are way to one dimensional...they beat you over the head with "he is bad, very very bad...weak, scared, pathetic, etc...

Im going to have to go the other way on this.

I think plays/shows about Morality are good, esspicialy for a younger audience... i like them WAY better then the newer shows, were all they show/talk about is sex, drugs, and homosexuality... everyshow is "Screw this, Smoke That"

Rather then Kids watching Shows about morality, they are subjected to brainwashing of the brainchilds of perverts... the shows on Cable these Days are sick... i cant watch more then 5 mins without becoming revolted...

So, ill take a little Morality story, over a Show about 4 women who are lowers then hookers...

top topics

join