It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO video over Barranquilla, Colombia

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Here is another good video, taken over Barranquilla (northern) Colombia:

Video taken October, 2007 8 p.m.

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Translation:

Man: What do reckon?. Do you see the lights are distributed... In the right upper part you may see a red one, you can also see other lights and two lights at the center

Woman: Very pretty, looks like a crown

Man: Very pretty, indeed a crown

Man: What could it mean?.

Man:I should plug this into my TV, (referring to the video) it would show it bigger.

Woman: (there are people) that could tell us for sure.

Man: You can now see it above the city, and the city lights. I`m zooming in

Voices in the back (inaudible)

Woman: You can really see it.

Man: lights

Woman lights

Man: What is this object doing being still in the sky?. Could it be a trick of light?. It is an object with lights. It does not move. What on earth could it be?.

Man No. 2: It remains still

Man: Could it be that there are more people watching this?.

Man: How would you describe this?

Man: They shine

Woman: a lot

(The video restarts)

[edit on 5-7-2008 by Camilo1]

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Camilo1

Looks like a house on a hill far away.

2 lines.

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by gauncents

1) The city of Barranquilla is a port, flat as a pool table, there is not a mountain in several miles.

2) Nearest mountain is in Santa Marta hours away in a car.

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 06:36 PM
link   
bringing this to the top, I want to see what others think of this. I have no idea what that could be...

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Something wrong with this thread...

I`m missing the swamp gas, venus, weather balloons, ball lightning, satellite, meteor, airship explanation.

Where are you my debunker ATS friends?

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 07:51 PM
link   
No its either a collection of police car lights or a child with a kite, or a chinese party latirn with military flares attached for some super secret weather experiement. I think that covers it??

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 07:59 PM
link   
great video. There was an older video that looked alot like this. It must have been quite big due to the size of that building in the fore ground.

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 09:17 PM
link   
one of the more interesting videos posted lately. Great perspective with the city underneath. too rough to be cgi. It has a real genuine quality to it. Good one . Thanks for posting.

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

You are right , this footage hardly is a product of digital manipulation, I don`t want to sound cocky, but in every single video that I have posted here, the first responses always come from debunkers telling me the video is one of the things that I mentioned earlier or an outright hoax, in this case only one ATS debunker friend has presented his ideas, this tells me that the video is genuine.

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 01:31 PM
link   
I won't try to debunk it straightaway, but just trying to use common sense and Occam's razor to narrow down the possibilities.

- Its too stationary, which means it must have stayed there for quite a long time to be noticed by all.
- Its too big. Judging by the size of buildings, its about tens of meters and not very high. Too hard to miss.
- it didn't make any news and no flood of reports (yet)
- I'd have grabbed the camera and would have gone there to take a closer look, ufos are once in a lifetime event.
- we don't know how it ended, it disappeared or flew off with a high speed straight up ? no idea.
- I'd have called the news rooms or police or my friends at least.

Ok so my guess is, that it looks like roof of a tall building which is lighted to celebrate something or for some music show etc. The rest of the building is in dark. I'm not 100% sure, because the quality is very poor and even with enhancements its not possible to see much.

[edit on 6/7/2008 by rocksolidbrain]

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Camilo1
Something wrong with this thread...

I`m missing the swamp gas, venus, weather balloons, ball lightning, satellite, meteor, airship explanation.

Where are you my debunker ATS friends?

well i am far from a debunker, but i have been there and there is mountains off in the distance south and east of the city. that's not a explanation, but the video needs some more context...like a shot of the same area during the day, with the same foreground buildings in the picture.

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by rocksolidbrain
I won't try to debunk it straightaway, but just trying to use common sense and Occam's razor to narrow down the possibilities.

- Its too stationary, which means it must have stayed there for quite a long time to be noticed by all.
- Its too big. Judging by the size of buildings, its about tens of meters and not very high. Too hard to miss.
- it didn't make any news and no flood of reports (yet)
- I'd have grabbed the camera and would have gone there to take a closer look, ufos are once in a lifetime event.
- we don't know how it ended, it disappeared or flew off with a high speed straight up ? no idea.
- I'd have called the news rooms or police or my friends at least.

Ok so my guess is, that it looks like roof of a tall building which is lighted to celebrate something or for some music show etc. The rest of the building is in dark. I'm not 100% sure, because the quality is very poor and even with enhancements its not possible to see much.

[edit on 6/7/2008 by rocksolidbrain]

The tallest building in Barranquilla is 27 stories high, the Barranquilla Plaza Hotel Building, there is nothing taller than that.

This object was way higher than that.

Thanks for your post

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

There are no mountains near Barranquilla, the nearest one is in Santa Marta hours away by car. If you are talking about hills yes there are a few, but they are not near as tall as that object was that night. I know the difference since I have lived in the Andes most of my life.
Barranquilla as I said is a port, near the Carribean Ocean, for all we know this object could have been over the ocean, or near it, above the Magdalena River.

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Camilo1

Camilo

It seems you know the place and the people well, so can you get the original uncompressed video for us from the youtube poster ?

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by rocksolidbrain

I really don´t, I´ve been there twice for a couple of days each time, but I don`t live there, what I know comes from memory.

Of course I contacted the OP at youtube, I`m waiting for an answer.

Thanks for your post.

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 05:06 PM
link   
A daytime photo of that place would be good

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Camilo1

As we don't see the horizon, it's hard to say how high it is. Could it be a big boat? A container carrier or oil tanker?

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Hi got a message from José, the original poster at Youtube. I invited him to join ATS but he decided to respond through Youtube here is his message in spanish:

Me entusiasma saber que te llamó la atencion el video. Bueno te cuento que este video lo tomo un amigo una noche de finales del 2007, aproximadamente en octubre, de todas formas te tendre esa informacion con mayor claridad, en un par de días.

El caso fue asi, mi amigo pertenece a un grupo cristiano aca en Barranquilla y esa noche se disponian varias personas y el en un apartamento un rato de oración. El comenta que instantes antes de iniciar la oracion observó por el balcon... a los lejor, unas luces que en otras noches no habia observado en ese mismo sitio. Al principio pensó que era una aeronave en vuelo... pero pasaron los segundos y la aeronave se mantenia en el mismo sitio, el no pudo ocultar su asombro e inmediatamente interrumpio lo no iniciado. En seguida todos se aglomeraron en el balcon y como es tipico al principio no creian, luego especulaban y por ultimo comenzaron a relacionarlo con un acontecimiento "espiritual", te podras imaginar, tipico de los grupos religiosos.

El caso es que mi amigo emocionado y euforico pide una camara filmadora y precisamente habia una con una cinta ya usada pero se le permite utilizarla dada la circunstancia especial. Filma mas de media hora y al mismo tiempo relata los acontecimientos. Desgraciadamente en el lugar donde se edito para pasarla a formato de dvd no la grabaron entera. lo que se observa es un resumen de lo que esa noche todos vieron en el balcon.

Espero que este relato pueda esclarecer aun mas el video. Una cosa mas, Este video fue captado como ya sabes en la Ciudad de Barranquilla, el balcon del edificio de donde se diviso el objeto es uno de un edificio que se encuentra al frente de la pista de patinaje y hokey de esta ciudad, sitio ubicado al norte, a unas cuadras del Centro Comercial Buenavista. El ovni al parecer se encontraba cerca al rio Magdalena por la distancia, yo diria aproximadamente cerca al barrio Sprinfiel, no se si lo conozcas. Todo esto se deduce de la aparente aproximación del ovni con la chimenea en rojo y blanco que tiene una de las empresas ubicadas en la riberas del rio.

Si quieres saber algo mas puedes llamarme al

My translation

I`m glad to know that the video caught your attention. The video was taken by a friend at night at the end of 2007, perhaps October, I`ll have that information with more certitude in a couple of days.

This is how it went, my friend belongs to a christian group in Barranquilla, and that night he went to a prayer meeting to an apartment. Before prayer started he was looking out the balcony and saw some lights that he had not seen earlier in that same place. After a few seconds the craft stayed in the same place, he became excited and called the others out, as it usually goes at first most of the others did not believe him, and then they started to speculate they linked what happened to a spiritual experience, as you might imagine, typical of religious groups.

My friend was excited and he asked to borrow a camcorder, there was one at hand with the tape used up, but he was allowed to use it for this special ocasion. He filmed for more than half an hour and he gives his opinions in the tape. He had it converted to DVD format, but at the place where the work was done they did not record the entire thing, what you saw is just a part of what all of them saw that night in the balcony.

I hope this description helps. One more thing, this video was taken in the City of Barranquilla, the balcony is in front of the hockey and skating complex, it is up north, a few blocks from the Buenavista Shopping Centre. The UFO apparently was above the Magdalena river, I would say near the Sprinfiel neighbourhood, maybe you know it, I saw this because of the apparent approach of the UFO to the red and white chimney of one of the factories near the river shoreline.

You can call me at:

Well my friends this is what the Youtube poster had to say. I will contact him tomorrow, if you have any further questions please let me know so that I can translate and ask him.

This is becoming interesting

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by nablator
reply to post by Camilo1

As we don't see the horizon, it's hard to say how high it is. Could it be a big boat? A container carrier or oil tanker?

Thanks for your post Nablator

It is definately a possibility, I originaly thought that the lights came from the sea or the river, the original poster at Youtube said the same. The only problem with calling this a Ship at sea is that it is simply to high up. These people know, they live there and watch the horizon everyday.

[edit on 6-7-2008 by Camilo1]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join