It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Farscape

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 08:50 PM
link   
I guess I got your back Jonna, I got D'argo. "D'argo: You are Ka D'argo, Heavy D. You shoot first and ask questions later. Intensely loyal, You're content with the role of side-kick while enjoying the fringe benefits of always having the bigger gun. Plus, there's that tongue thing..."

posted on Oct, 10 2004 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Farscape has got to be the best show that sci-fi has ever put out. I was really mad they cancelled it. Thanks to all the fans that got the mini started
I have been waiting for ages it seems for the mini and in 1 more week we will all get our fix. It's a shame that it got cancelled and replaced it with another stargate spinoff. One stargate show was enough IMO. And the atlantis was a big dissapointment, just rehashing the same ol same ol original stargate episodes with a new crew and background. They need to can em both and put all the funds into several more farscape seasons and possibly a big screen movie or two.
All these new Giant/Mutant/3rd rate sci-fi flix are getting old I have to agree. Farscape had tons of potential and an infinite range of possibilities for new storylines and they just killed it. I hope the mini gets good ratings and they realize their mistake. Otherwise they lost one more viewer after the mini-series is over.

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 12:44 AM
link   
Alright! What are your opinions on the miniseries?

Now I have some severe problems with it. Let me first state that I have been a fan since the beginning, but the finale by no means measures up to the series.

1). This may sound strange, but the picture was so clear that I noticed all of the defects in the costumes. Perhaps they were using a highly sensitive camera. Who knows?

2.) Was the story and dialog rushed or what!?! Cheesy over witty? I found myself laughing at really inappropriate times and not in a good way.

3.) Now I know that they have to end the series within 2 episodes, but do you really need to intorduce a prior-charactor every 5 minutes?

Ugggghhhh! Before I go on, is anyone else having a problem with this?

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 04:38 AM
link   
Personally I loved it. A whole lot of twists and turns and another crazy ending so typical of farscape. Now I can kinda see where you're coming from jonna about the "new look" of some of the characters( I'm assuming this it the problem?) I know they were using a new kind of mask that cut the make up time down considerably i.e. scorpius. But after the first 1/2 an arn or so I easily looked past it all and really dug the new look that they gave jool( amazon look was hot,) couldnt get into sikozu's new hairdo though myself, and Chiana's eyes were pretty wicked. All in all I think it did good, and I heard it did pretty good rating wise from what I read somewhere on the farscape board. They left an open ending on it too saying frell you farscape

I dug it, even though it was kind of like a whole 22 episodes combined into a mini..........it's a shame that they didnt put out a whole season 5 instead, and maybe killed dargo and jool for the mini. Well at least if they don't bring it back we still have: stargate sg1, stargate atlantis, ghost hunters, proof positive, scare tactics, and countless new B movies about snakes, fish, gargoyles, and shapeshifting t-rex/human movies to look forward to in place of the only true quality show that channel has ever ran IMO.

Big mistake on their part. Maybe they will bring it back since i hear sg1 may only have 1 year left in it.

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 12:45 PM
link   

'Farscape' plots first trek into syndication
Most expensive cabler series enters reruns

By JOHN DEMPSEY
"Farscape," which ran for 88 episodes on the Sci Fi Channel from 1999 to 2003, is blasting off into rerun syndication for the first time. Debmar Studios, headed by Mort Marcus and his partner Ira Bernstein, has bought the domestic rights..

www.variety.com...

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Stumbled across some REALLY well done wallpaper.

www.junglevoodoo.com...

posted on Dec, 21 2004 @ 12:57 PM
link   
I REFUSE TO LET THIS THREAD DIE!!!

From SCI FI

SCI FI Channel confirmed that Farscape star Ben Browder will join the cast of SCI FI's original series Stargate SG-1. Browder will join the cast in the show's upcoming ninth season; no information on Browder's role was available. Meanwhile, the show's producer, MGM, is still working on a deal to bring back SG-1 star Richard Dean Anderson (Gen. O'Neill) in some capacity.

posted on Dec, 24 2004 @ 09:53 PM
link   
I gotta question. Now with the miniseries done and over with, is Farscape dead? Now that the main guy is gonna be on Stargate SG1 any movie or 5th season will have to start shooting no earlier then 2006. That sucks

posted on Dec, 25 2004 @ 03:27 AM
link   
Farscape is THE BEST

I started watching the show about month ago, saw first 2 seasons so far and now am on third. Farscape is really really great. I love star trek, but this is waaaay above and beyond anything else. Damn, the show started to change my life, my behaviour and these days I'm almost 24-7 like this ->

posted on Dec, 25 2004 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jonna
Alright! What are your opinions on the miniseries?

Now I have some severe problems with it. Let me first state that I have been a fan since the beginning, but the finale by no means measures up to the series.

1). This may sound strange, but the picture was so clear that I noticed all of the defects in the costumes. Perhaps they were using a highly sensitive camera. Who knows?

2.) Was the story and dialog rushed or what!?! Cheesy over witty? I found myself laughing at really inappropriate times and not in a good way.

3.) Now I know that they have to end the series within 2 episodes, but do you really need to intorduce a prior-charactor every 5 minutes?

Ugggghhhh! Before I go on, is anyone else having a problem with this?

I loved it. And this from a person that nearly hated the series. It was alright. Some episodes were really good, some just stunk IMO.

But the final movie just rocked I thought.

To your points...

1) I always hated the muppets on that show. That's why I never got into it. Really cheesey, kiddie stuff it seemed. But in the finale they did the bad guys up well. Their best work. Less Jim Henson, more theatrical.

2) Dialogue was always the worst part of that show for me (aside from muppets). How witty can you be getting shot at? It gets old. Way too wise cracky, but finale was no better or worse.

3) I guess.

So Mr. Wise Crack is replacing O'Neil on SG-1? Figures.

The Sci Fi inbreeding is getting a little thin. How many characters from Star Trek and 7 Days can show up on other planets already? Colm Meaney is the bad guy on Atlantis. Troi was on SG-1. The base commander from 7 Days is in everything....Andromeda, SG-1. Quark from DS-9 is the head of the Enoc. Is that their name? The advaced race that can make cities invisible? I've seen Odo. He was a military commander on SG-1 trying to get heavy water. The vulcan chick from Voyager is Teal'c girlfriend.

There's been more but I can't remember them all. I've now seen the main Tokrah lady in at least 2 sci-fi movie productions. Like Saber Tooth and the toys versus puppets thing they just made. She's pretty hot actually. The one that came on to O'Neil?

There's got to be more than like 12 actors on the planet to do these shows. Kind of cool they get work though.

I know there's more. Who else? Has Mad Dog Murdoch from A-Team and TNG shown up yet? I think Worf has, but I can't remember where I saw him. He was in a Sci-Fi movie with Colm Meaney about Earth and time travel, but on SG-1 too I think.

It's kind of ridiculous. I say BOO to Farscape man on SG-1 though. The blue chick from Farscape was a recurring character on Hercules (his fiance) that later appeared on Andromeda (both Kevin Sorbo) before Farscape. Wait. There were two blue chicks on Farscape weren't there. The cute one I mean (if blue and cute is possible). Enough already. If I go into all the cross overs from Fantasy (Beastmaster, Hercules, Lost World) we'll be here all day.

What I don't get is why Parker and Vuckavich from 7 Days get NO work now. They were cool. He had one Sci Fi movie about the planet overheating, and she did a cameo on Seinfeld (hot receptionist George lies too) but that was it.

Quark and Odo were also on the Soap spin-off Benson. It always goes back to Soap, which had the lady from LA law that was an original ensign on the first Star Trek in the 60's. She returned on TNG as Dr. Polaski for a season. Time was not kind.

Even that schmuck WESLEY got a Sci Fi movie! :shk: He was one of three scientists that journeyed to the center of the earth. Man.

I hate that kid.

But why the Sci-Fi casting in-breeding? Laziness? Favors? Or just to annoy me?

[edit on 25-12-2004 by RANT]

posted on Dec, 25 2004 @ 01:04 PM
link   

"D'argo: You are Ka D'argo, Heavy D. You shoot first and ask questions later. Intensely loyal, You're content with the role of side-kick while enjoying the fringe benefits of always having the bigger gun. Plus, there's that tongue thing..."

Discribed me to a tee.....LOL A man thats both good with a gun and good with his tounge, scare the men and thrill the ladies

I hated to see that series go off and my joy at its return was only matched by my saddness at D'argos death. I know he took a lot of the bastards with him.

posted on Dec, 25 2004 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amuk

"D'argo: You are Ka D'argo, Heavy D. You shoot first and ask questions later. Intensely loyal, You're content with the role of side-kick while enjoying the fringe benefits of always having the bigger gun. Plus, there's that tongue thing..."

Discribed me to a tee.....LOL A man thats both good with a gun and good with his tounge, scare the men and thrill the ladies

I hated to see that series go off and my joy at its return was only matched by my saddness at D'argos death. I know he took a lot of the bastards with him.

Well technically we never did see D'argo die, so they did kind of left room for a miracle. Did it with Criton and Aeron, don't really see why they could't do the same. BTW Anyone in Canada catch the 2004 spacey awards on the Space channel in Canada? They had the guy who played Chriton on the show and he said he was working on somthing in Sydney. I was wondering could this be the movie or was this show just a repeat and he was alluding to the peacekeeper wars.

posted on Dec, 25 2004 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by sardion2000

Well technically we never did see D'argo die, so they did kind of left room for a miracle.

That is my only hope....LOL

I liked it because unlike Star Trek humans were an after thought in a crowded universe, kind of more like Star Wars. It just seems to make things more interesting

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Hey just saw the Actress who played Aeryn was in Stargate SG1 played in one show doesn't look like she will become a regular character but who knows with that show. She played a sort of villian, Starship Thief/Hijacker with kicka Supersoldier armour.

[edit on 11-1-2005 by sardion2000]

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by sardion2000
Hey just saw the Actress who played Aeryn was in Stargate SG1 played in one show doesn't look like she will become a regular character but who knows with that show. She played a sort of villian, Starship Thief/Hijacker with kicka Supersoldier armour.

I caught that as well. Of course! I suspect they might have her show up from time to time. It all depends on the ratings for that episode. I would not be surprised if she came back in the 9th season and interacted with Ben Browler's upcoming character in someway. Scifi ditches Farscape and then rapes the character's fanbase. Typical!

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 03:48 AM
link   
I loved the end of Farscape. What a way to go out. I always felt so bad for Creighton.

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 03:06 AM
link   
By far one of, if not THE best Sci-Fi show ever made. The creativity and imagination that went into that show is at a level rarely seen, and has since not been equaled by any other show.

I NEVER buy DVDs, especially not boxed sets, but I am definitely getting the complete set for Farscape...

Green

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 03:12 AM
link   

I NEVER buy DVDs, especially not boxed sets, but I am definitely getting the complete set for Farscape...

Yes do so! The more people you plunk down the cash the better chance of say a feature film or *gasp* maybe even a Season 5. I'm not holding my breath though.

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 03:42 AM
link   
Claudia Black is a regular guest on SG1 now. She's been in a bunch of episodes this season already. Ben Browder is great as the new SG1 commander. He picked up the sarcasm great from Richard Dean Anderson. We MIGHT see another miniseries or possibly a movie of Farscape but I doubt it. They tied it up too nicely at the end of the Peacekeeper Wars.

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 03:57 AM
link   

They tied it up too nicely at the end of the Peacekeeper Wars.

The Nabari and Pathfinders? They are loose ends that could fill another 10 seasons lol.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join