It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's your favorite Horror Film?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 07:00 AM
link   
High Tension is excellent!! Wow..guess I never heard of it because it is a German film (dubbed into English). Very good movie, the slasher fans will love it, lots of action, pretty brutal, but with true tension and characters that are compelling. Great ending too! Five stars from me.

It’s a MUST SEE! Thank you so much for sharing it gnosis111, I love it when this thread brings up good movies that not everyone has heard off.

Whole movie is here, it is for sure worth renting but for those that like instant gratification:

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by gnosis111

Yes, there are too damn many!!! I had forgotten about Session 9. I love the mental terror. Another good one is Event Horizon.

By the way, I just went t the Fright Night Film Fest in Louisville this weekend. I got to meet some of my favorite horror characters. It was a helluva good time.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 01:44 AM
link   
Hellraiser 1 or 2, leaning towards 2 a bit.

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 11:03 AM
link   
This thread needs a bump.

Saw Sweeney Todd. Okay not classic horror, but a fun movie. Yeah its a musical however it has emotional depth and quite a bit of blood. Some pretty entertaining throat cutting scenes.

Also the second series of Dexter just came out on DVD. Yeah I know it is a bit mainstream, but it is still a fun series (his portrayal as a complete sociopath, yet his adorable love for children, so believable).

[edit on 7-9-2008 by Sonya610]

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 07:12 AM
link   
Dexter is great. It was cool to see Desmond Harrington in the new season. I recognized him from Wrong Turn, Ghost Ship, and The Hole.

While not really a horror, but more of a twisted drama, The Hole is a good watch.

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Anyone see this movie called Alucarda?

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 07:43 AM
link   
reply to post by enjoies05

i haven't... is it any good?

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 07:46 AM
link   
I would have to go with "The Shining." Scared the snot out of me when I first saw it
. Perfect role for Jack Nicholson.

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by CameronFox

I don't know. I haven't seen it. Just asking if anyone else has already.

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 05:23 PM
link   
.....The Blob..........

Is this horror or comedy....?

Attack of the Killer Tomato's ,now that would be comedy...!

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 07:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Karlhungis

The Shining still scares the snot out of me. I didn't really care for the remake that they did for TV. Some things just need to be left alone.

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by TeeJay
reply to post by Karlhungis

The Shining still scares the snot out of me. I didn't really care for the remake that they did for TV. Some things just need to be left alone.

Thanks for the info about a remake !!! . That was "news". Agree that some things just need to be left alone... The Shining is one of a kind.

There are so many great horror movies like Psycho, Halloween and this with a very great actor

Hannibal
Dare i say bon appetite... LOL .

[edit on 20-11-2008 by flymetothemoon]

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Couple of new ones are good:

Splinter
Quarantine aka [REC]

Anyone seen the TV series called Fear Itself? Was a good series. 8 episodes, all basically self-contained mini horror features.

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Probably mentioned by others, but "The Exorcist", which is still the top grossing horror movie (and R rated movie) of all time.*

*Adjusted for inflation, the movie grossed $782 million domestic, not including world wide grosses.

I still get goosebumps from it!

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 05:40 AM
link   
I am a big fan of horror movies. I love to watch horror movies. I have watched a number of horror movies but my some of favorite movies are

resident evil (all parts)
saw (all parts)
wrong turn (all parts)
ghost rider (all parts)
silent hill

I like above all movies and always like to watch that movies again.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 06:12 AM
link   
I love to watch horror movies in these days but not in my childhood. so many horror movies have watched so far by me but saw is my favorite of all.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 08:27 AM
link   
The Strangers.
Hannibal
Silence of the Lambs

Awesome movies.
edit on 25-1-2013 by resoe26 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 02:32 PM
link   
I always grew up scared to go to sleep at night over Nightmare on Elm st. So I'd have to say those movies. The thought of something killing me in real life while killing me in my dreams was terrible =(

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 02:41 PM
link   
I see I didn't post in this thread before. Huh. I grew up before the hack-em-ups. None of those were scary. The movie that scared me the most was Jaws. Didn't go in the ocean for 2 years. Scared the crap out of me. I know it seems lame now but you have to understand that I was an adult when the cinematographics got "scarier". They weren't.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sonya610
I have read most all of Stephen Kings horror novels..but to be honest they are really rather slow and have vague endings.

Except pet cemetery, the movie captured the book so well! That was pure genius, and very very creepy.

I agree, but with one more exception. Misery was a good movie and a good read.

One movie that got to me was The Human Centipede. Hated it - loved it.
edit on 1/25/2013 by jiggerj because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join