It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's your favorite Horror Film?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 02:20 AM
link   
So many to choose from. It's like asking a person about their favorite book (assuming that person has read more then one).

Today, I will have to nominate the Exorcist cause it revolutionized the genre and I still see, all these years later, people coming out of a viewing white as sheets, people feeling sick, people that just can't see the whole movie...

Also most of the stuff that Romero and Dario Argento directed...
Oh, almost forgot, The Serpent and The Rainbow, Angel Heart...and a couple of hundred others...

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Watched The Cottage last night.

My God that was the funniest movie I have seen in ages. HIGHLY recommended. If you enjoyed Shawn of the Dead, you will this (I laughed a lot more during this one).

Here is the trailer (but the trailer doesn't begin to touch on the clever humor, I would suggest that Americans turn the subtitles on).

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 09:25 PM
link   
i have two favorites: dawn of the dead and hannibal rising.
dawn of the dead is my favorite because i can imagine what i would do in that situation which would be something along the lines of explosives, and the use of a katana and a harpoon.
i like hannibal rising equally on account of i'm a psych. student

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 11:51 AM
link   
So, anyone watch any good ones lately?

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Just watched Skelton Key. Very decent movie.

It is a ghost/voodo type tale set in the deep south. Not a slasher flick, but moves quickly and is a good story. Worth watching. Hefty plot, one feels satisfied at the end.

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Watched Pit and the Pendulum two nights ago. Pretty good. Cool scene with a giant pendulum blade thing. First color movie I've seen Barbara Steele in. She didn't appear until 40 minutes in though, which sucked.

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Sonya610

I remember that one. I liked it, and the way it ended.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 02:56 AM
link   
reply to post by enjoies05

I like the movie 'Dead Alive', as it’s known in North America, 'Braindead' as it’s known in New Zealand . It was released in 1992, and directed by Peter Jackson. It’s gory, silly but kind of funny, but it's the kind of flick you can only watch once every couple of years.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 08:43 PM
link   
I am a sucker for most horror movies.
Loved the old slasher series..
Friday the 13th. Halloween, Nightmare on Elm Street., Hellraiser etc
Love the spooks.
Poltergeist, Silver Bullet, Waxwork, The howling, The Prophecy, It's Alive etc
Loved the occult films..
Witchboard, Warlock, Superstition, Phantasm

The 80's were in my opinion a high point for horror films.

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Last night I watched 1408. I thought that it was really good.

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 08:24 AM
link   
reply to post by The_Truth_Seeker

What was good about it? Acting? Plot? I am suspicious of most stephen king tales...they tend to lead towards dream fantasy type stuff that is so vague its hard to get into.

I would love this thread to be about movie reviews. : )

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Sonya610

I thought the plot good as well as the acting by John Cusack. Another thing that was good was that a lot of the movie was in the hotel room. Even though a lot of the movie was in one place it didn't get boring. There was quite a bit of stuff going on in the hotel room. The movie really held my attention.

You wonder if what's going on in the hotel room is actually happen in or if the guy is just imagining it, or going nuts or whatever. But you do find out if what was was going on was real or not. There's a couple funny parts in the movie too.

[edit: Typo]

[edit on 11-8-2008 by The_Truth_Seeker]

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by The_Truth_Seeker

Thanks TruthSeeker. I will give it a shot and rent it this week.

Saw The Reaping the other night. I would NOT recommend that film. Predictable plot (biblical prophesies), acting was so so, I didn't care about any of the characters really. Only upside was that many of the scenes were visually stunning, but overall not worth watching.

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 12:21 PM
link   
I watched Vacancy on Saturday. The movie was alright, nothing great. It started out pretty good but I thought the ending was a bit flat. Even though I did sort of like the movie, it was still your typical "Car breaks down, you get stuck somewhere, creepy stuff starts happening and then your getting chased by bad guy(s)" type movie. Kind of predictable. I thought it was an okay movie, though.

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by NephraTari
I am a sucker for most horror movies.
Loved the old slasher series..
Friday the 13th. Halloween, Nightmare on Elm Street., Hellraiser etc
Love the spooks.
Poltergeist, Silver Bullet, Waxwork, The howling, The Prophecy, It's Alive etc
Loved the occult films..
Witchboard, Warlock, Superstition, Phantasm

The 80's were in my opinion a high point for horror films.

The 80's were no doubt a very strong point in horror. Too bad horror today isn't as strong with all the remakes of Japanese films. Sad times in Hollywood. We have to focus on the indie scene to get real true horror.

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Just watched Death of a Ghost Hunter.

At first the acting was really not working, but as the movie progressed it got better and honestly the last parts made the movie. The ending scenes were quite bizarre and interesting.

Overall it was a decent movie (I rented it because it was a pick from some NYC horror con thing).

[edit on 13-8-2008 by Sonya610]

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 09:44 PM
link   
My favorite horror movie is....well, ALL of 'em. I freakin' love scary movies, even the cheesy ones. My favorite one that I've seen lately is 30 Days Of Night. MMM, Vampires AND Josh Hartnett.

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Evil Dead
Session 9
Exorcist
Exorcist 3
Feast
High Tension

Too damn many!!!

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by gnosis111
Evil Dead
Session 9
Exorcist
Exorcist 3
Feast
High Tension

Just found High Tension (the whole movie) on youtube. Never heard of that film, but the opening scenes look quite twisted (lol...the oral sex severed head thing is too funny). Thanks for sharing this!

Session 9 was an interesting film. I read about it on a ghost thread, it was filmed in a real insane asylum from the turn of the century. Very interesting.

[edit on 16-8-2008 by Sonya610]

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 09:59 PM
link   
duplicate post -- lots of server problems apparenty.

[edit on 17-8-2008 by Sonya610]

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join