It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's your favorite Horror Film?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Ooohh...clips from great films. How fun.

The only films I have been able to watch again and again without getting bored are the Rob Zombie flicks. Great music, good acting, and lots of subtle dialogue.

But really only people that can identify with the psychos will enjoy these films, seems people either love em or hate em.

A tribute to House of 1000 Corpses

(edit thanks for helping me fix the video link enjoies05!)

[edit on 7-7-2008 by Sonya610]

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Sonya610

Did you like his remake of Halloween? I did not.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by enjoies05

I haven't seen his version of Halloween, though I have heard it is done in the same style as his two previous films so I am sure I will love it. I was not a big fan of the original

Can you see the video I posted?

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Now I can.

Not a fan of the original? Why not??

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Honestly I have not seen the original in a heck of a long time, but the simple slasher flicks just don't do it for me. I really like colorful, eccentric killers and dark humor thrown in (can't recall if the original had any dark humor actually, but i kind of doubt it, that was not popular back then).

Another fun flick…Reanimator. Harder to find because of the NC17 rating, but lots of gore, dark humor, and some sexual content (including a memorable scene with the severed head and beautiful blonde).

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 01:25 PM
link   
This is the great Suspiria scene I was talking about.

youtube.com...

Won't post the video in the thread, that's probably breaking a rule..or 6...

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Yeah, great scene. Also something you would never seen in modern American horror flicks, things are much more pc today. Female on female violence is okay, but something that graphic by a male hand would never fly. : )

Reminiscent of the Psycho shower scene. They were pretty blatant about the violence and symbolism back then. (adding videos is so much fun! lol until we get yelled at by the mods : )

[edit on 7-7-2008 by Sonya610]

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 02:44 AM
link   

Back to butt in

I love the old horror films like Psycho. Maby of them were masterly shot, although sometimes a little too, suggesting.
I'm still missing that streak of blood on the wall as she slides down, hehe.

But it's the old classics that really inspire me. I did this self-portrait some weeks ago. Was bored one late night and thought "ah heck"...

©2008 Flice

Crackeur... cheers for that tip! I managed to find it and the way you describe it, I think it's gonna be fun watching it tonight

Will post my reaction (if I dare) when it's over...

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 11:34 AM
link   
1.Night of the Living Dead(Original)

2.Fright Night

3.Halloween(Original)

4.Cujo

5.IT

6.American Werewolf in London

7.Nightmare on Elm St.

8.Friday the 13th Part 6

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Flice yes, truly Hitchock was a genius. His movies were shot so well, and had real suspense, especially considering at that time most films did not have a lot of subtlety.

Cool pic that you posted.

Black_Fox you posted some great clips. Night of the Living Dead is truly such a classic. Nightmare on Elmstreet was pretty darn tense as well.

I don’t remember much about the original Halloween, but sadly I saw half of Rob Zombies Halloween remake last night. I absolutely loved his previous two films, but really did not get into Halloween. Sheesh his genius is in the dialogue and interactions among the villains, and Michael didn't talk. Very very disappointing.

Another great film that really had a LOT of tension was John Carpenters The Thing. A must see for any that haven’t. Lots of suspence, good acting, good plot, plenty of action and gore.

Here is the trailer...it makes the movie seem quieter and more sedate than it actually is.

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sonya610 and Michael didn't talk. Very very disappointing.

Of course he didn't.

Friday the 13th Part 6 - My 2nd favorite of the series.

Also love the Alice Cooper song in it - He's Back (The Man Behind The Mask).

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 12:45 PM
link   

LOL...well i thought maybe Rob changed the character a bit. Yeah see he was wearing a mask the whole time, he was dirty, he was NOT talking, plus he did not have any sex appeal or personality at all. It just did not do it for me. Somehow I was expecting something much different. : (

[edit on 8-7-2008 by Sonya610]

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Carpenter's 'The Thing' is great. If you haven't seen it, the original is worth checking out too.
I love horror movies made in the 50's. A kinder, gentler horror with a little politics thrown in at times

www.imdb.com...

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Just finished seeing "The Sentinel".
I don't want to disrespect Crackeur, but I think my consumption of gore and horror has numbed me a bit

I can imagine that it at that time was a scary flick and could arouse some stomach turning in young folk, it was pretty graphic at times, hehe.

But having been through old classics and remakes, today it kinda slips beneath the radar a bit.
Don't get me wrong. I think one should see it, because the story is interesting and has a nice twist. Not to mention the impressive cast :O
The main character fell through for me however.

I'd recommend though.

One thing in general I've noticed that bugs me with horror movies, is when the main character (mostly female) are utterly helpless and when she trips over a pebble she falls so hard she almost can't get up, haha

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by flice
I don't want to disrespect Crackeur, but I think my consumption of gore and horror has numbed me a bit

Well Crackeur may have just been a kid when he saw it. Plus some people find the movies with demonic themes to be ultra creepy.

I just found THE MOVIE that traumatized me as a child. LOL. Haven't seen it since i was like 10, and if i recall i only saw half of it cause my mom made me go to bed at 10:00.

I thought it was an obscure movie cause I never heard it talked about. Its called "Don't Be Afraid of the Dark" and is about this woman that movies into a creepy old house. She opens up the fireplace and the next thing you know these short little shriveled demon things start whispering to her, calling her name, sneaking around etc... It was produced by ABC so maybe that is why it is not so well known.

My god that movie scared me so bad. I was terrified of the dark for like 2 years after that. Funny thing is I found the whole film on youtube and in the comments tons of people are saying the same thing! Many are saying that movie scared the holy s#^% out of them when they were kids. LOL.

If anyone watches it the youtube format really reduces the tension, at least watch it in a dark room and put it on full screen. Even now the acting and plot really is pretty good.

From the 70's...whole thing is here:
www.youtube.com...

[edit on 8-7-2008 by Sonya610]

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Speaking of.....
Here ya go.

Alice Cooper - "He's Back(The Man Behind the Mask)"

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Lots of good movies here.

One of my favourite horror flicks is the original Black Christmas (1974). The geniosity of Margot Kidder is not to be missed.

The original trailer

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 11:48 PM
link   
scariest movie I have ever seen is the ring.

the part where she climbs out of the tv is the worst, I saw
it in a movie theatre and a lot of people screamed or had some
kind of reaction during this part.

Usually the only huge reaction from a crowd in a movie theatre is
laughing, even laughing during scary parts. the whole crowd was
scared.

I still get scared just picturing that girl. I never saw part 2. I'm
too scared. I'm still bothered by the phone ringing
late at night.

I heard from some people the scariest movie they have ever seen was
a clockwork orange. I never watched it, so I dont know.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by josephine
I heard from some people the scariest movie they have ever seen was
a clockwork orange. I never watched it, so I dont know.

Were those people your parents? Lol. Clockwork orange is not all that scary, it is art; freaky, demented, memorable. Watch it and enjoy. : )

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 12:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Duzey
Lots of good movies here.

And thank you for sharing Duzey. The op is a bit...errm....busy for a couple of days so I am nurturing the replies.

It really is a good thread (what a brilliant idea!) and i already have a bunch of films on order because of it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join