It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Senator Barack Obama is a citizen of Kenya!!!!!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by jamie83
As far as I know, there is no prohibition against the POTUS having dual citizenship.

None that I know of. However, many Americans would be very uncomfortable having a POTUS with dual citizenship. It would bring into question where the loyalties of the POTUS would be in certain situations.

Disqualifying? No.
Disquieting for Americans? Yes.

Side note - I know that at one point (and it still may be a law) a POTUS could not hold a title from a foreign country. Like you couldn't have 'Lord Obama' or 'Sir Obama'. The POTUS couldn't be knighted or have a royal title from another country.

It's strange that the USA would not allow a 'title' but would allow a dual citiizenship. I just find it odd.

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Thoughts like the OP have are what is destroying acceptance, and mental advancement of the human race.

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by beforetime

You do realize that 'God' does not specifically refer to the Christian deity (who is actually 'El' or 'Adonai', the supreme deity of the Jews and as Allah the supreme deity of Islam) but is from the Germanic language (of which English is a descendant). It was in Proto-Germanic 'Guthan' before becoming the Old English 'God' and remaining such in Modern English (the Proto-Germanic form is the origin of the Dutch: God, German: Gott, Old Norse: Guð and the Gothic Guþ).

It is thought to have been predominately used as a name for the chief God of the Germanic folk known in Old English as Woden, Old Norse as Oðinn and Old High German as Wotan (all coming from the Proto-Germanic 'Wodenaz').

So by the logic that the USA is a nation of God, it could (and more correctly does) refer to it being a nation under the All-Father himself. So, all Presidents should in fact be Heathen.

That is of course if the line in the constitution does say that the Prsident should be a believer in God (it doesn't).

Thank you, have a nice day!

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 03:56 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by tebyen

tebyen just took this post... turned it sideways... and stuck straight up.....

A little "The Rock" reference for everyone there.

OP, you use an article written by some right wing internet hound that came out a year and a half ago. And a few posters here have countered every argument, yet you chose to answer that we are a nation under God... because... of the pledge of allegiance? Sheesh. You have a lot to learn about debating and rebutting points. Your article is meaningless as is this thread.

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Every American is allowed to interpret what god means.
that is why we have freedom of religion.
If you do not believe in freedom then you are not American and belong somewhere else.
Your interpretation of God is not my interpretation and I am free to
interpret God as Buddha which I do. Whenever someone says God, I, with
my free mind know (without any doubt ) that they are talking about Buddha.
This freedom is what makes America.
Those that try to limit freedom are uptight, racist nazis not Americans.

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Dual citizenship for Kenya

1. A person who, upon the attainment of the age of twenty-one years, is a citizen of Kenya and also a citizen of some country other than Kenya shall, subject to subsection (7), cease to be a citizen of Kenya upon the specified date unless he has renounced his citizenship of that other country, taken the oath of allegiance and, in the case of a person who was born outside Kenya. made and registered such declaration of his intentions concerning residence as may be prescribed by or under an Act of Parliament.

"unless he has renounced his citizenship of that other country, " so he cannot be a citizen of Kenya and America because Kenya requires you to renounce your citizenship

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 03:22 PM
link   
So wait.

First he's not an American citizen...

but....now...he's a dual citizen?

If he's a dual citizen, then you admit you were wrong about him "not" being an american citizen.

you were wrong about that, then you're most certainly wrong about this.

Lets see your evidence that he's a citizen of Africa

• He's black
  • His father is black
  • Africa has lots of black people

Yeah - that sounds about as extensive and well-thought out as all the other threads like this one.

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 05:26 PM
link   
AAA!!!!!

KENYA LAW REQUIRES THAT YOU MUST DISOWN PREVIOUS CITIZENSHIP FROM ANOTHER COUNTRY BEFORE BECOMING A CITIZEN OF KENYA! IT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO BE A DUAL CITIZEN WITH KENYA AS KENYAN LAW PROHIBITS IT!

Frakking Neocons.

Also, Obama was born in America, McBush was born in Panama. So McBush is not a US Citizen.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 02:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by GorehoundLarry
Oh noes,

nOT THE MUSLISM, THEY'RE SO SCAWAYYYYYY

lol

When a pregnant muslim woman comes running into your place of work shrouded in mystique and nasty over bearing garb shouting Allahu Akbar, I fear you won't be able to retort this answer.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 08:32 AM
link   

yes, but originally it didn't say under God. I think it was inserted in the 1950's if I am not mistaking.

That being said with or without it I still think we are one nation under God.

I also want to go on record as saying that I personally do not believe this story about Obama being a Kenya citizen to be true.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 10:39 PM
link   
The fact that Barack H. Obama was born in Kenya and traveled to Pakistan with an Indoniesian passport in 1981 as a MUSLUM is beeing kept secret by all for different selfish reasons. The KKK wants him to win so there will be a civil war. The shadow Government wants all that to happen so they can open up the F.I.M.A. death camps to load millions into the oven to exterminate. The afro-americans are voting for him just on color. Whites that never grew up with afro-americans are voting for him to prove that there not racist. By the way people that did dont call them that. There are people within this government that want to tare it down. Order out of caos. Create caos then maintaine order, then assume power. FOX news and affiliates have cornered the market on news and control the flow. The owner Rupert Merdock is part of the Biulderberg Group which meets with other very powerful influentual, rich to discuss there agenda. Barack has comitted the highest form of fraud ever by faulsifying his birth certificate to say he was born here.-obamacrimes.com

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Need I remind the leftist, LIEberals likely to be reading the string regarding Obama's questionable citizenship that the phrase "it the seriousness of the charge that requires investigation" drove (and still drives) the onslaught of criticism against any Clinton enemy. Just look at the attacks on Clarence Thomas for example. IF Obama is not a genuine citizen (and if he was born in Kenya to a non-US citizen, then he is not) then he is NOT eligible for the position of POTUS. Its that simple. If he is a citizen he is still NOT qualified for the position of POTUS and if he is elected it won't take very long for the rest of the world (including his supporters) to figure that out.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
The fact that Barack H. Obama was born in Kenya and traveled to Pakistan with an Indoniesian passport in 1981 as a MUSLUM is beeing kept secret by all for different selfish reasons. The KKK wants him to win so there will be a civil war. The shadow Government wants all that to happen so they can open up the F.I.M.A. death camps to load millions into the oven to exterminate. The afro-americans are voting for him just on color. Whites that never grew up with afro-americans are voting for him to prove that there not racist. By the way people that did dont call them that. There are people within this government that want to tare it down. Order out of caos. Create caos then maintaine order, then assume power. FOX news and affiliates have cornered the market on news and control the flow. The owner Rupert Merdock is part of the Biulderberg Group which meets with other very powerful influentual, rich to discuss there agenda. Barack has comitted the highest form of fraud ever by faulsifying his birth certificate to say he was born here.-obamacrimes.com

He where did you get this information my friend? Better yet explain me why none of you fellas have been able to produce any official documentation and authority to confirm this?

Iv only seen talk. I mean really now this is getting old

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 03:31 PM
link   
www.americasright.com...
www.timesherald.com...

PHILADELPHIA - A Lafayette Hill attorney filed a lawsuit in federal court Thursday challenging Sen. Barack Obama's claim to United States citizenship.

On Thursday, Philip Berg filed a temporary restraining order in federal court to bar Obama from running for president,

so apparently other American's think it's possible he is lying about something.

so to say it isn't possible....leaves no room for argument ..at least that's my opinion.

always two side's to every story...

ect..ect...
so what if apparently the website i found my original info...saying he was not born in America ect.ect..
is true...
apparently a well known lawyer...agrees something is wrong..
or why would he put his neck on the block?

oh to get mocked is that why the lawyer is doing it? lol

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 03:32 PM
link   
You know people are desperate when they continue to retread this same old, debunked, drivel.

Neocons a little nervous, eh?

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 03:41 PM
link   

There you fellas do it again. You spread this garbage around then when it comes to the evidence you only link us to other articles and blogs. Seriously if your going to go around making such accusations have the evidence to back it up. I dont need to go to another blog where somebody else says his certificate is fake. Have the proper documentation and authority to back these little rumors.

And another thing, this disgruntled Hill supporter suing Obama, his little lawsuit has not gone through. Its funny, this guy also doesnt have the evidence to back it up.

[edit on 28-8-2008 by southern_Guardian]

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by jamie83

Wrong In the USA a child may have dual citizenship but he must declare his citizenship when he reachs his majority. At least that is the way it use to work. My high school sweetheart was Canadian/USA and was wrestling with the decision as a senior in high school.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by southern_Guardian

listen..i never said he could not be American...im open to option's.
your way is ONE way or the highway..

what's that called again.
can you please tell me the word again?

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 04:05 PM
link   
There's a LOT of shady stuff about obama and his kenyan ties.
Atlas shrugs
His support for his murderous Kenyan cousin should be a wake-up call to everyone!

I don't know why people just want to put their head in the sand and say, " But, it's going to be a CHANGE!- I don't care about his personal life!

BTW, I am NOT voting for McCain.

Look at this list and try to not be queasy;
Obama's list of not exactlys

TERRY ANDERSON, A BLACK LOS ANGELES TALK RADIO HOST, WENT DOWN A LIST OF THINGS SENATOR OBAMA HAS SAID THAT AREN’T EXACTLY CORRECT

The Chicago Tribune did a story about many of his discrepancies, it's worth a read!
Barrack Obama

[edit on 28-8-2008 by Clearskies]

[edit on 28-8-2008 by Clearskies]

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join