It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Senator Barack Obama is a citizen of Kenya!!!!!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 04:05 PM
link   
source of story
www.politicalgateway.com...

if so how can a American consider voting for him?

just asking

btw Mrs.obama with Mrs. Farrakhan

how can people not see a tie to Muslim in any way.

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Not only is this completely untrue (since people are willing to pull anything to try and make Obama look bad), but whats so bad about having a Muslim in office? Are you saying EVERY Muslim is an Al Qaeda? Obama isn't a muslim, but it wouldn't be a crime like everyone thinks it is. The United States isn't the nation of God.

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by QuetzalcoatlAlien

I don't think that this news means that he was citizen of Kenya, but I do want to respond to your last statement of the USA not being a country of God. Contrary to how things have been run lately and the decline of moral fiber in this country, you should look at the first sentence of the Pledge of Allegiance:

en.wikipedia.org...

It does state in there we are a nation under God.

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 05:20 PM
link   

ANNOUNCEMENT OF BLOCKBUSTER CHICAGO NEWS CONFERENCE DISCLOSING THAT UNDER KENYAN CONSTITUTIONAL LAW, BARACK OBAMA IS A KENYAN CITIZEN:

(CHICAGO)(February 8, 2007) Chicago-based Internet journalist, broadcaster and critic Andy Martin will hold a news conference Friday, February 9th at 11:00 A.M. to announce that U. S. Senator Barack Obama is a citizen of Kenya and became a citizen of Kenya under the Independence Constitution of Kenya in 1963. Obama has never renounced his Kenyan citizenship. He is also a U. S. Citizen.

It is very bad form to make an outlandish claim when the facts do not agree.

Notice the article says: 'Under Kenyan Constitutional Law?'
Notice how even the article admits 'He is also a U. S. Citizen?'

By all means notice this article was written well over a year ago?

Don't you imagine if there was anything to it, Hillarity and company would have raised the roof on it?

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 05:40 PM
link   
omg... hes not a muslem. A picture of michelle obama with someone does not prove a damn thing, that lady could be a friend of a friend or just someone in the same building. thats the problem with tieing people together just bases on photos and previous jobs worked, just cause i worked with someone in the past does not mean i taked to them, hung with them oustside of work.

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Even if Obama is a citizen of Kenya I don't think it matters. As far as I know, there is no prohibition against the POTUS having dual citizenship.

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 05:48 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by QuetzalcoatlAlien
Not only is this completely untrue (since people are willing to pull anything to try and make Obama look bad), but whats so bad about having a Muslim in office? Are you saying EVERY Muslim is an Al Qaeda? Obama isn't a muslim, but it wouldn't be a crime like everyone thinks it is. The United States isn't the nation of God.

Exactly! I personally think a majority of the ridiculous claims against Obama here at ATS are a way for the McCainiacs and the paid campaign trolls to Google bomb Obama. This thread is fairly new, but soon enough it will be in the top ten of any google search involving Obama and Kenya.

I am actually encouraged by Obama's paternal family connection to Islam, because I feel that it will force America to give up the 'rag-head' mentality that we have been conditioned to live with for so long, and treat their fellow humans justly and fairly. It is America's clouded world view and Jingoistic Patriotism that causes so much disdain worldwide for its citizens in the last 7 years. So closet Muslim or not, Obama is the better choice for President of the United States if we want to see peace in the Middle East in our lifetimes. (Even if his wife is photographed in some unnamed newspaper in standing in a group of women who appear to be at a Women's Luncheon, and another guest is the wife of a Radical Muslim. It is a shame that you neglected to underline Shoshana Johnson, the nation's first Black POW and Iraqi War Veteran. I cannot understand what Michelle Obama is doing standing right next to her... the nerve... Sheesh...)

In regard to Obama being a citizen of Kenya, I nearly laughed out loud when I read that “Under the Independence Constitution of Kenya, Obama became a Kenyan citizen on December 12, 1963." So two years after he was born on American soil, he was suddenly a citizen of Kenya?

I find it even more laughable because John McCain actually was born in another country, and it is only the citizenship of his parents that qualifies him to run for President of the United States. Panama perhaps, but not the United States....

But is he constitutionally qualified to become president? McCain was indeed born in the Canal Zone, and Article II of the Constitution plainly states that "no person except a natural born Citizen... shall be eligible to the Office of President."

www.washingtonpost.com...

Thou doth protest too much
DocMoreau

Edit to add... I want to bring it to everyone's attention that this isn't really an article but a press release for a News Conference. I am interested in how that Press Conference went, I imagine badly given the nature of the baseless argument presented.

[edit on 5/7/2008 by DocMoreau]

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by HaTaX
reply to post by QuetzalcoatlAlien

I don't think that this news means that he was citizen of Kenya, but I do want to respond to your last statement of the USA not being a country of God. Contrary to how things have been run lately and the decline of moral fiber in this country, you should look at the first sentence of the Pledge of Allegiance:

en.wikipedia.org...

It does state in there we are a nation under God.

Yes, but God never spoke out to the world and proclaimed the United States as the Nation of God.

This isn't a theocracy.

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 10:05 PM
link   
pledge of allegiance to the united states of America.

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all." It should be recited by standing at attention facing the flag with the right hand over the heart. When not in uniform men should remove any non-religious headdress with their right hand and hold it at the left shoulder, the hand being over the heart. Persons in uniform should remain silent, face the flag, and render the military salute.[

notice it says under GOD not under buddha or any other it's under god.

and if you aint American....it's ok i know you don't understand

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by jamie83
Even if Obama is a citizen of Kenya I don't think it matters. As far as I know, there is no prohibition against the POTUS having dual citizenship.

The United States Constitution:
Article II; Sec. 1: No person except a natural born Citizen…shall be eligible to the Office of President.

The issue is then: What is a “natural born” citizen?

If this report is true, this may be something that is headed to the Supreme Court for clarification. I would think at face value he is not. Dual-citizenship makes the issue all the stickier. Historically, dual-citizenship was forbidden. However, Afroyim v. Rusk(1967) enabled it under certain circumstances and conditions. That being said, no Supreme Court decision is eternal. Obama may have to prove the legitimacy of his citizenship if challenged.

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by passenger

The United States Constitution:
Article II; Sec. 1: No person except a natural born Citizen…shall be eligible to the Office of President.

The issue is then: What is a “natural born” citizen?

If this report is true, this may be something that is headed to the Supreme Court for clarification. I would think at face value he is not. Dual-citizenship makes the issue all the stickier.

What are you talking about???

At face value he IS a citizen of the U.S., natural born if he was born in Hawaii in 1961. This has nothing to do with the Supreme Court.

Second, even if he did have dual citizenship with Kenya, it has ZERO to do with his qualification to be POTUS.

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by jamie83
At face value he IS a citizen of the U.S., natural born if he was born in Hawaii in 1961. This has nothing to do with the Supreme Court.

Second, even if he did have dual citizenship with Kenya, it has ZERO to do with his qualification to be POTUS.

Please read my post again. I said "if". I also said that, prior to 1967, he would have been disqualified from being President because dual-citizenship was not allowed. I further stated that such decisions were liable to be overturned - thus disbarring him from the Presidency. IF true. IF challenged. IF overturned. It's a purely speculative post. Don't get so hotheaded about it.

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Please read my post again. I said "if". I also said that, prior to 1967, he would have been disqualified from being President because dual-citizenship was not allowed. I further stated that such decisions were liable to be overturned - thus disbarring him from the Presidency. IF true. IF challenged. IF overturned. It's a purely speculative post. Don't get so hotheaded about it.

I'm not hot-headed at all. Just befuddled.

This is 2008, not 1967. The topic of the thread is "Obama is a citizen of Kenya" which is 100% irrelevant to any point regarding his eligibility to be POTUS. My response is that your speculation has no relevance.

Now if he was born in Kenya that would be a different story.

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 11:29 PM
link   

If this report is true, this may be something that is headed to the Supreme Court for clarification. I would think at face value he is not. Dual-citizenship makes the issue all the stickier. Historically, dual-citizenship was forbidden. However, Afroyim v. Rusk(1967) enabled it under certain circumstances and conditions. That being said, no Supreme Court decision is eternal. Obama may have to prove the legitimacy of his citizenship if challenged.

Would you say this is a true quote and there is nothing wrong with my eyes?

I'm reading, "If this report is true....."

"The official US State Department policy on dual citizenship today is that the United States does not favor it as a matter of policy because of various problems they feel it may cause, but the existence of dual citizenship is recognized (i.e., accepted) as a fact of life. That is, if you ask them if you ought to become a dual citizen, they will recommend against doing it; but if you tell them you are a dual citizen, they'll almost always say it's OK."

from here

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by beforetime
pledge of allegiance to the united states of America.

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all." It should be recited by standing at attention facing the flag with the right hand over the heart. When not in uniform men should remove any non-religious headdress with their right hand and hold it at the left shoulder, the hand being over the heart. Persons in uniform should remain silent, face the flag, and render the military salute.[

notice it says under GOD not under buddha or any other it's under god.

and if you aint American....it's ok i know you don't understand

I am actually American, but i'm not a jingoistic nutjob that thinks God created this nation for the purpose of extreme capitalism and invading countries by business and force.

This is not a theocratic nation, sorry.

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 02:16 PM
link   
god damnit,

he's an American citizen

he's not Muslim

he's also not a man of the people because he's an elitist and is going to raise taxes like never before.

He's just another ordinary politician.

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by beforetime

It doesn't matter what is in the Pledge of Allegiance. It is not legally binding in any way, nor does it dictate US policy in any way, shape, or form.

From The Pledge of Allegiance, A Short History, by Dr. John W. Baer, and I quote:

His original Pledge read as follows: 'I pledge allegiance to my Flag and (to*) the Republic for which it stands, one nation, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.' He considered placing the word, 'equality,' in his Pledge, but knew that the state superintendents of education on his committee were against equality for women and African Americans. [ * 'to' added in October, 1892.]

The bit about Under God wasn't even brought up until 1951, when the Knights of Columbus felt the pledge needed a reference to a deity in it.

It wasn't until 3 years later, in June of 1954 that it was added by Eisenhower.

Not that it really matters anyhow, for even if the pledge held any sway concerning whether a person had to be christian to be president, it wouldn't matter, as the Constitution clearly outlines the guidelines for president. Until such time it is amended to include different standards, that is all that required. From Article 2, Section 5:

No person except a natural born Citizen, or a Citizen of the United States, at the time of the Adoption of this Constitution shall be eligible to the Office of President; neither shall any Person be eligible to that Office who shall not have attained to the Age of thirty-five Years, and been fourteen Years a Resident within the United States.

In the 200+ years that we've had the Constitution, we've had but 1 amendment concerning requirements for the presidency, and that is 22nd Amendment.

Section 1. No person shall be elected to the office of the President more than twice, and no person who has held the office of President, or acted as President, for more than two years of a term to which some other person was elected President shall be elected to the office of the President more than once. But this article shall not apply to any person holding the office of President when this article was proposed by the Congress, and shall not prevent any person who may be holding the office of President, or acting as President, during the term within which this article becomes operative from holding the office of President or acting as President during the remainder of such term.

Section 2. This article shall be inoperative unless it shall have been ratified as an amendment to the Constitution by the legislatures of three-fourths of the several States within seven years from the date of its submission to the States by the Congress.

As you might have noticed, no where in anything I quoted mentioned that a person running for president has to be a Christian, or even believe in a deity. That means they can be Christian, Bhuddist, Muslim, Atheist, Pagan, Wiccan, Satanist, or belong to any of the several dozen other religions out there.

So please, stop with this nonsense of whether his being a muslim or not matters. From a legal standpoint, it doesn't.

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Secret Muslim = scary.

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Oh noes,

nOT THE MUSLISM, THEY'RE SO SCAWAYYYYYY

lol

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join