It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

On Sept. 7, 2003 CNN reported the moon out of phase

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Wasn't that about the same time as that huge volcanic eruption that knocked the earth out of axis about 3 degrees? Didn't hear much about that after the initial reports either.

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 12:59 AM
link   
reply to post by whitewave

Can you provide an article on this? I haven't heart anything about the Earth being knocked out by 3 degrees. Earth-wise, I'd image that would have a substantial effect.

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 01:46 AM
link   
reply to post by SonicInfinity

Here ya go, SI. Don't think it specifically mentions the volcano eruption, just the cover-up. I (vaguely) remember it from hearing about the initial reports. We've had so many volcano eruptions, hurricanes, earthquakes, etc. since then, it's hard to pin point specifics. Hope this helps.

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 01:56 AM
link   

Wow, what a thread!

This is disturbing but the shift happened 9 months earlier, so this shift could not be the cause of an early full moon 9 months later?

Gazbom.

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 02:46 AM
link   
On another board I visited, people would post strange observations about the moon (full/half/quarter when it wasn't supposed to, being in strange places in the sky, abnormally large/small for the time of year/day, etc.) Along would come "amateur astronomers" who would explain it away. It's interesting how quick they would attempt to change the topic when I would recommend people get some old astronomy books from the library and compare what they said with what is posted now (times of moon rising/setting, place in sky, etc.)

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 02:57 AM
link   
reply to post by gazbom56

Maybe. I don't really know if it could cause phases of the moon to be early/late. I know our weather hasn't been the same since.

I can't remember a time in all my (many) years when there was a full moon that DIDN'T have that little "face" with the "mouth" in an O shape. Until last month. Are we so far out of sync that the usual and familiar "man-in-the-moon" face is no longer facing earth? Or has the moon shifted its' axis? Either way, we're not lined up together as we were before and that might account for all (or a lot of) the extremely violent weather lately.

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 03:27 AM
link   

Well I have just visited Science Daily and 2003 is the third warmest on record.
Global 10 Warmest Years Mean Global temperature (°C) (anomaly with respect to 1961-1990)

1998 0.52
2005 0.48
2003 0.46
2002 0.46
2004 0.43
2006 0.42
2007(Jan-Nov) 0.41
2001 0.40
1997 0.36
1995 0.28

This might not have anything to do with the early full moon but almost certainly something to do with the high solar flare activity!

Gazbom.

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 04:40 AM
link   

There was indeed massive solar activity in 2003!
October 23, 2003: Newly uncovered scientific data of recorded history's most massive space storm is helping a NASA scientist investigate its intensity and the probability that what occurred on Earth and in the heavens almost a century-and-a-half ago could happen again.

science.nasa.gov...

Gazbom.

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 06:15 AM
link   
Hi there, not a member so just remaining anonymous for the moment.

In 2003 a comet TWICE the size of Jupiter blasted through our solar system. It was two weeks off from the scheduled Planet X arrival as recorded in the Sumerian Texts which is obviously means that it was a huge comet they were refering to.

Any information that comes from satelites or telescopes has to pass Vatican Inteligence before it is allowed to be released. They didn't tell us because they thought we were all screwed. The comet passed between Mercury and the sun which should have dragged them both together but it didn't. It's tail was so long it stretched right into earths orbit and was visible in the morning sky.

This i think might have had something to do with it.

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 06:20 AM
link   
Did anyone take into account Leap Year? I thought I would throw out that and see if it would be possible.

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 06:31 AM
link   
Hello, Troglodyte here, i was the one who posted anonymously before but as you have to wait 24 hrs to post again i thought i'd join.

Here's the link for the images relayed back by the satellite SOHO that orbits the Sun.....

science.nasa.gov...

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 06:39 AM
link   
Oh, seems the Anonymous ones have to wait for clearance before their post is up. So i will reiterate to keep the thread more linear.

In 2003 a comet TWICE the size of Jupiter passed through our Solar System within a few days. Any information that comes from satellites or telescopes has to pass through Vatican Intelligence before it can be made public.

According to Sumerian texts the Planet (X) sized comet was ahead of schedule. Everyone thought we were doomed as the comet passed between the orbit of Mercury which should have dragged it into the Sun but it didn't. It's tail was so big it even stretched all the way near Earth's orbit, this i think may have been the culprit.

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 07:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Troglodyte

Never heard of this before, what was the Comet's name and could this be the so called planet x?

Gazbom.

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Here is an article from Rense, there are many others though.

www.rense.com...

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 09:24 AM
link   
I have to ask, if the moon moved out of orbit then wouldn't the tides have been drastically effected? Wouldn't the timing of the tides have changed quite noticably and wouldn't they be suddenly rather violent or calm?

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 09:37 AM
link   
You must've heard of a Blue Moon?

The term blue moon is commonly used metaphorically to describe a rare event, as in the saying "once in a blue moon".

A blue moon is actually a name given to an irregularly timed full moon. Most years have twelve full moons which occur approximately monthly, but each calendar year contains those twelve full lunar cycles plus about eleven days to spare. The extra days accumulate, so that every two or three years there is an extra full moon (this happens every 2.72 years).

* Folklore gave each moon a name according to its time of year. A moon which came too early had no folk name - and was called a blue moon.

* The Farmer's Almanac defined blue moon as an extra full moon that occurred in a season(which would normally have three full moons). If a season had 4 full moons, the 3rd full moon was named a blue moon.

So this is probably what it's all about!

Cheers! And thanx to mirage for the pointer!

en.wikipedia.org...

[edit on 6-7-2008 by mikesingh]

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by screamo
well seeing that i have no knowledge in this feild, what does an out of phase moon mean?

It means it would have been noticed by millions of people at the time and would have been impossible to cover up ...... so maybe it never happened?

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Troglodyte
Any information that comes from satellites or telescopes has to pass through Vatican Intelligence before it can be made public.

No it doesn't.

A one line post but really, what else is there to say? next we'll be told that the Vatican have to authorise all village cricket match scores .....

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Interesting post... I believe that if the moon was out of phase the astrological community would be
all over it as it plays an important role in astrology... I did a little hunting and below are
some links to Pics of the September 2003 Harvest Moon and a read about it being early...
IMO...everything was on schedule according to the many
lunar calendars I looked at and the astrology
sites I went to....

www.space.com

Full Moon Pic 2003 Iowa

Full Moon Pic 2003 Arizona

Lunar Calendar

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by mopusvindictus
Is there any resource which photographically records the phases of the moon and stores them that can be accessed?

A couple of sites with moon phase info and photos...

www.almanac.com...

the current moon phase, plus access to older ones...

www.calculatorcat.com...

Another with some huge images of the moon...
www.thelivingmoon.com...

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join