It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What philosophy do you follow? (Quiz)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 03:13 PM
link   
A fun little quiz I found online. It seemed pretty accurate to me as it said I was an existentialist and a hedonist. What did you score and how accurate is it for you?

quizfarm.com...

[edit on 5-7-2008 by Striker122]

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Sorry,
Don't see a link to the quiz, but I lean towards the agnostic.

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Whoops, I'm a little sleepy.

Here it is!

quizfarm.com...

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 03:32 PM
link   
What philosophy do you follow? (v1.03)
You scored as a Hedonism
Your life is guided by the principles of Hedonism: You believe that pleasure is a great, or the greatest, good; and you try to enjoy life’s pleasures as much as you can. “Eat, drink, and be merry, for tomorrow we die!” More info at Arocoun's Wikipedia User Page...
Hedonism
80%
Existentialism
70%
Utilitarianism
65%
Justice (Fairness)
65%
Kantianism
50%
Nihilism
45%
Strong Egoism
40%
Apathy
10%
Divine Command
0%

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Here's mine, but the quiz did seem kinda lame, but maybe that is just me...

You scored as a Hedonism
Your life is guided by the principles of Hedonism: You believe that pleasure is a great, or the greatest, good; and you try to enjoy life’s pleasures as much as you can. “Eat, drink, and be merry, for tomorrow we die!” More info at Arocoun's Wikipedia User Page...
Hedonism
100%
Divine Command
85%
Utilitarianism
75%
Justice (Fairness)
75%
Kantianism
45%
Existentialism
45%
Strong Egoism
35%
Nihilism
25%
Apathy
20%

[edit on 5-7-2008 by MrMysticism]

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Your life is guided by the ethical model of Kantianism: You seek to have consistent laws rule your actions, and your will is directed by reason. "I do not, therefore, need any penetrating acuteness to see what I have to do in order that my volition be morally good. Inexperienced in the course of the world, incapable of being prepared for whatever might come to pass in it, I ask myself only: can you also will that your maxim become a universal law?" --Immanuel Kant More info at Arocoun's Wikipedia User Page...

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Here's my results.

You scored as a Existentialism
Your life is guided by the concept of Existentialism: You choose the meaning and purpose of your life. “Man is condemned to be free; because once thrown into the world, he is responsible for everything he does.” It is up to you to give life a meaning.”Jean-Paul Sartre“It is man's natural sickness to believe that he possesses the Truth.” Blaise Pascal

Existentialism 90%
Utilitarianism 85%
Hedonism 85%
Justice (Fairness) 65%
Nihilism 50%
Kantianism 30%
Apathy 20%
Strong Egoism 20%
Divine Command 20%

Existentialism:
(philosophy) a 20th-century philosophical movement chiefly in Europe; assumes that people are entirely free and thus responsible for what they make of themselves.

[edit on 5-7-2008 by kindred]

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Your life is guided by the concept of Existentialism: You choose the meaning and purpose of your life. “Man is condemned to be free; because once thrown into the world, he is responsible for everything he does.” “It is up to you to give [life] a meaning.” --Jean-Paul Sartre “It is man's natural sickness to believe that he possesses the Truth.” --Blaise Pascal More info at Arocoun's Wikipedia User Page...
Existentialism
100%
Utilitarianism
75%
Justice (Fairness)
50%
Nihilism
25%
Hedonism
25%
Kantianism
25%
Apathy
0%
Strong Egoism
0%
Divine Command
0%
Rate this Quiz

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Your life is guided by the concept of Existentialism: You choose the meaning and purpose of your life. “Man is condemned to be free; because once thrown into the world, he is responsible for everything he does.” “It is up to you to give [life] a meaning.” --Jean-Paul Sartre “It is man's natural sickness to believe that he possesses the Truth.” --Blaise Pascal More info at Arocoun's Wikipedia User Page...
Existentialism
90%
Utilitarianism
75%
Justice (Fairness)
55%
Hedonism
55%
Strong Egoism
40%
Kantianism
30%
Nihilism
20%
Apathy
0%
Divine Command
0%

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Your life is guided by the principles of Utilitarianism: You seek the greatest good for the greatest number. “The said truth is that it is the greatest happiness of the greatest number that is the measure of right and wrong.” --Jeremy Bentham “Whenever the general disposition of the people is such, that each individual regards those only of his interests which are selfish, and does not dwell on, or concern himself for, his share of the general interest, in such a state of things, good government is impossible.” --John Stuart Mill

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Lol there are quite alot of hedonists on here.
Could that be saying something about ATS users?

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Yup....another one!

Hedonism
100%
Existentialism
100%
Utilitarianism
75%
Strong Egoism
75%
Kantianism
55%
Justice (Fairness)
55%
Divine Command
50%
Nihilism
5%
Apathy
0%

Interesting...will have to think about this for a bit...and I just noticed that Mr Mysticism, Striker and I all got 100% for hedonism....what does that mean?

Cait

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 12:41 AM
link   
My answers were quickly done by not thinking but rather 'feeling' for the answers between 'Disagree' and 'Agree'.

You scored as a Hedonism
Your life is guided by the principles of Hedonism: You believe that pleasure is a great, or the greatest, good; and you try to enjoy life’s pleasures as much as you can. “Eat, drink, and be merry, for tomorrow we die!”

80% Hedonism
75% Kantianism
70% Existentialism
65% Utilitarianism
65% Justice (Fairness)
55% Nihilism
50% Strong Egoism
40% Divine Command
20% Apathy

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 12:49 AM
link   
Existentialism
90%
Hedonism
85%
Justice (Fairness)
75%
Strong Egoism
65%
Kantianism
50%
Utilitarianism
50%
Apathy
40%
Nihilism
30%
Divine Command
15%

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 06:18 PM
link   
85% Existentialism here too, it seems the Hedonists and Existentialists are rampant here!

Which imo is a good thing, I love existentialism! Sartre forever! haha!

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 07:08 AM
link   
You scored as a Justice (Fairness)
Your life is guided by the concept of Fair Justice: Everyone, yourself included, should be rewarded and punished according to the help or harm they cause. "He who does not punish evil commands it to be done." --Leonardo da Vinci “Though force can protect in emergency, only justice, fairness, consideration and cooperation can finally lead men to the dawn of eternal peace.” --Dwight D. Eisenhower More info at Arocoun's Wikipedia User Page...
Apathy
55%
Justice (Fairness)
55%
Utilitarianism
40%
Nihilism
40%
Hedonism
40%
Existentialism
40%
Kantianism
30%
Strong Egoism
25%
Divine Command
0%

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 11:37 AM
link   
My results are not terribly surprising:

You scored as a Divine Command
Your life is directed by Divine Command: Your god and religion give you meaning and direction. “Know therefore that the LORD thy God, he is God, the faithful God, which keepeth covenant and mercy with them that love him and keep his commandments to a thousand generations.” --King James Version of the Bible “Even as a tree has a single trunk but many branches and leaves, there is one religion--human religion--but any number of faiths.” --Mahatma Gandhi

Divine Command
100%
Justice (Fairness)
85%
Existentialism
75%
Utilitarianism
65%
Hedonism
55%
Kantianism
35%
Apathy
20%
Strong Egoism
10%
Nihilism
0%

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Your life is guided by the principles of Hedonism: You believe that pleasure is a great, or the greatest, good; and you try to enjoy life’s pleasures as much as you can.

Hedonism
95%
Existentialism
75%
Utilitarianism
60%
Strong Egoism
40%
Kantianism
40%
Divine Command
25%
Justice (Fairness)
20%
Nihilism
20%
Apathy
5%:

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by GrooveCat

Hedonist rule!

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 01:33 PM
link   
You scored as a Divine Command
Your life is directed by Divine Command: Your god and religion give you meaning and direction. “Know therefore that the LORD thy God, he is God, the faithful God, which keepeth covenant and mercy with them that love him and keep his commandments to a thousand generations.” --King James Version of the Bible “Even as a tree has a single trunk but many branches and leaves, there is one religion--human religion--but any number of faiths.” --Mahatma Gandhi More info at Arocoun's Wikipedia User Page...
Divine Command
100%
Existentialism
70%
Utilitarianism
55%
Justice (Fairness)
50%
Kantianism
45%
Hedonism
35%