It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EXCLUSIVE: Directed Energy Weapons, An ATS Analysis & Discussion

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 05:17 AM
link   
great post.

i saw a documentry on discovery channel about the Mobile Tactical High Energy Laser, it worked efficiently on destroying the missile it was aimed at, it was very interesting.

alos, remember in 1998 when NATO & the US were fighting in cosovo??

they used a weapon that fried electrical circuits, i was wondering if this was the E bomb, i can't remember if it was but it sound familiar.

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by ausconspiracies
alos, remember in 1998 when NATO & the US were fighting in cosovo??

they used a weapon that fried electrical circuits, i was wondering if this was the E bomb, i can't remember if it was but it sound familiar.

The only electromagnetic type weapons that the US admits to using in Kosovo was a more passive form of electromagnetic warfare than described in this thread.
Apparently US aircraft dropped special carbon fibers over a radio broadcast station, effectively shutting it down. That operation generated national and international criticism because it attacked a civilian target.
But to delve a bit deeper I am convinced that the US used some form of EMP devise to subdue some SAM sites and some other infrastructure...
It is no secret such weaponery was used in Iraq however.
A skyrocket bought from a fireworks store would have more of a chance of bringing down a US aircraft than a "fubar" SAM, it's hard to get a SAM off the ground if it's electronics are fried.

[Edited on 9-3-2004 by intelgurl]

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Thanks for answering my ?'s Bios and Intelgurl.I figured laser systems would eventually arrive but im amazed at how far theyve come.

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by intelgurl

By the way, (not that this has anything to do with your question), unlike Lasers, mirrors do not affect the path of a particle beam.

[Edited on 8-3-2004 by intelgurl]

That's right...Because it's firing a mass...not light. right? Well it's projecting that mass (Plasma) at 600km/s. That is damn fast for something physical to travel.

Heh. Now imagine being able to size down a particle beam generator to being able to fit and work in a rifle as a gun, shooting out plasma bullets at 600km/s that can travel in air for roughly 300 miles if you have line of sight to the target. Would be a Very nice weapon and you wouldn't have to carry bullets around, just whatever the plasma is.

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Plasma is when a gas is heated until the atoms lose all their electrons, leaving a highly electrified collection of nuclei and free electrons.
The scientific-minded folks who visit this thread may be able to further expound on this in (hopefully) laymans terms, but the way I understand it, in order to make atoms become plasma, they must be accelerated at hypervelocities thus becoming superheated, electrified atomic particles that are then released (fired) from the device.

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 09:27 PM
link   
wow. I must say I am impressed with the amount of information that can be gleaned from this page. congratulations on a job well-researched and presented, IG. I have saved this document so that I can implement the technology with due time and to promote my efforts to produce a line of consumer-friendly DEW.

though now I am tempted to post a competing thread based on Japan's research into this realm (believe me, they are a bit ahead of the US in terms of DEW)
im kidding, of course, as it would be thread suicide to post such a topic right now. not to mention very rude on my part. im just a bit sour that not once was Japan mentioned in this thread. but then again, I never am happy, am I?

although this is hardly related to a tactical or weapons-related use of Directed energy technology, here is a picture and an excerpt from an experiment between the US and Japan to understand Neutrinos a bit more.

the SuperKamiokande neutrino experiment

my intent behind writing this second half of this post is to educate everyone on just some of the technology Japan has possession over in terms of the processing and manipulation of directed energy and high-energy particles which are used in many of these DEW applications.

and now, in an attempt to redeem this post, here are some images and text from the conception behind US Anti Missile Defense program's lasers... directly from one of the horses' mouth:

"DK (Distributed Kill) is not a new idea. It was used in the early Homing Overlay Experiment (HOE) and Exoatmospheric Reentry Intercept System (ERIS) non-nuclear missile defense systems. DK (then called a kill enhancement device or KED) compensated for homing and miss-distances that exceeded limits to guarantee a HTK. Sensor and G&C technology have advanced so dramatically that homing and miss distance are no longer major issues. The driving issue is now threat localization �o how to find the real threat RV in one or more clusters of countermeasures designed to ��spoof�� available sensors. DK offers significant potential to compensate for the uncertainty in target location due to countermeasures. The ability to perform DK itself is really not an issue, because mass will kill. The real issue is how much DK mass is required to cover the volume containing the RV.

Fig. 1. HOE with Deployed KED. Figure 1 illustrates an HOE KED that used discrete projectiles fixed in a pattern on a spoke-like structure.

Fig. 2. ERIS with Impulse-Loading KED Deployed. Figure 2 shows the continuous, nearly uniform, mass (areal density) of the ERIS KED, which was designed to kill by impulse loading rather than discrete projectile penetration. HOE and ERIS demonstrated the viability of DK interceptors. "

yes, those are real concepts.

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 10:24 PM
link   

So which weapon is this? These lights over Ramstein, Germany are described in the following ATS thread.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

This has got to be a weapons test of some kind.

posted on Mar, 11 2004 @ 04:29 AM
link   
Well let's see,

Where to begin

Originally posted by intelgurl
Plasma is when a gas is heated until the atoms lose all their electrons, leaving a highly electrified collection of nuclei and free electrons.
The scientific-minded folks who visit this thread may be able to further expound on this in (hopefully) laymans terms, but the way I understand it, in order to make atoms become plasma, they must be accelerated at hypervelocities thus becoming superheated, electrified atomic particles that are then released (fired) from the device.

I am not an expert, merely a curious individual, that finally has the time to explore and hopefully satisfy some of my curiosity.
The above description of a plasma weapon is very concise and to the point in layman's terms. The United States is currently developing the largest "plasma weapon" on the planet. And only God knows why

It is HAARP, and it heats the ionisphere, causing the electrons to move more rapidly than when in their natural state. In short HAARP loads the weapon. High energy Plasma, that can then be bounced off the remaing stable ionisphere and be redirected back to earth and used as a weapon. A weapon with multiple facets and purpose. From mind control in low range of .3 hertz to 10 hertz depending on the desired effect to VHF in order to create jolt of directed power that may certainly dwarf nuclear weapons.
Last year a Cray Super computer was installed at the University of Alaska at Fairbanks and will be primarily used to direct the plasma weapons beam back to earth. This accomplishment is very similar to a bank shot in pool, however a little more complicated and requires pinpoint accuracy in order to be succesfuly utilized as a weapon. This is where the Cray comes in. It is theoreitcally feasible to bounce the plasma beam to anywhere on the earth,s surface, dending on how many banks you use. In short you must call your shot. Minor experimentation has been going on for over 20 years and discoveries and techniques for multiple purposes have been developed.
During WW11, atomic tests were conducted in the deserts of Nevada. At one point there were two battalions of U.S. soldiers bivouwacked quite a distance from one another. Then came the explosion, one battalion disappeared and none were ever seen or heard from again. The other battalion that surrvived have been plagued by radiation associated disease, leuklemia, cancer tumors, lung disease, etc.... About 7 years ago my next door neighbor died of cancer at a VA Hospital in Portlaqnd, Or. He was a survivor of that controlled experiment.
Yes our government experiments on it's citizens, that guarantees a perfect control group, that can be documented, followed, and observed. Something we could not accomplish with citizen's of a foriegn country.
Our government just carried out a field test of it's latest weapon's and vehicles, a demonstration for the world to witness.
Part of the rationale for that debacle was that Saddam had used WMD's to exterminate 10,000 Kurdish people, citizens of his own country. Ironically the weapons used were those that the United States Government gave him to conduct his war against Iran. I think it was a 8 year war with unknown numbers of casualties and U.S. chemical WMD's succesfully field tested. After all our ngovernment would never do that to us.

Here you go

Joint Task Force Told Face to Face, Blackout was a Military Test

Oliver J. Midelson

At an under publicized public comment meeting, which was publicly 'announced' by a Department of Energy news release, Michael Kane outlined his report, published at Global Free Press, stating that the August 14th blackout was part and parcel to a multi-faceted military test. The Task Force was very attentive, attempting to take notes as fast as Michael spoke.

The first point Michael made was that the Task Force Interim Report failed to address the possibility of Electro Magnetic Pulses causing the blackout. He noted that it is known HAARP was turned on at 4pm on August 14th, just 11 minutes before the blackout occurred. He stated the Air Force should be contacted and required to turn over all documentation pertaining to what HAARP was used for on that day.

Michael detailed the aerial aerosol spray operation he witnessed the night of the blackout, as well as referencing the proximity of the Determined Promise '03 national military drills announced just one day after the blackout. He also mentioned he received a report that the Canadian border was militarized at 1pm on August 14th, just three hours before the blackout, in the Mohawk River Valley region. Why?

www.prisonplanet.com...

Sure is difficult to try and sort this out and figure which way is up and/or down. We will continue to try though.

Polar Bear

p.s. - Intelgurl, very informative thread. I truly look forward
to reading and following your posts and ideas. You seem to be one of the few here that take a serious interest in the new generation of top of the line 21st Century weapons. Will be watching, thank you again.

posted on Mar, 11 2004 @ 05:28 AM
link   
All right, here's a basic rundown on what plasmas are and what they do:

Overview

-99% of matter in the universe is composed of plasma.
-They're a form of matter where atoms and electrons have become disassociated.
-Plasma is the fourth form of matter, after gas, liquids and solids.
-Plasmas can be manipulated by electric and magnetic fields, and operate under the Maxwell-Boltzmann systems, as opposed to fluid dynamics, the Navier-Stokes systems. This is very handy when it comes to playing with the stuff.

Characteristics

Plasma occurs when you excite a gas so that enough of it becomes ionised to change its electrical characterisitcs. Heat, electrical energy or electromagetic radiatoion of various wavelengths can do the trick. You then have a soup filled with postively charge ions and free-ranging electrons.
Depending on composition, density, temperature, electrical charecteristics, frequency and so on, you can get a wide-ranging set of properties which you can put to use in a mind-boggling array of applications.
Plasma can range in temperatures from millions of degrees kelvin and very high density, as in the cores of stars and in fusion reactors, to near-zero kelvin and extremely low density, as in some laboratory cyrstal state plasmas. Very cool stuff!

Some Common Plasmas

Earthbound

Inside a running Tokamak chamber. -Princeton Plasma Physics Laboratory

-Fires
-Lightning
-Fluorescent Lights
-Tokamak Reactors
-Plasma Lasers

Spacebound

The Lagoon Nebula. -NASA

-Aurorae
-Ionosphere / magnetosphere (can reach very high densities and strengths compared to most space plasmas)
-Stars
-Stellar Wind (our soalr wind averages 350-800 km/s - similar to 600km/s speed quoted for weapons-grade plasmas)
-Nebulae
-Interstellar regions

Uses

-Illumination
-Plasma lasers (use a plasma to pump a beam at variable frequencies)
-Cleaning
-Welding, coating & treatment (very big application!)
-Displays (ye olde plasma screen)
-Turbulence and drag reduction (experimental, but definitely
being investigated)
-Semiconductor chip production
-Spacecraft Propulsion
-Blowing things up (anti-armour warheads, been around for quite a while, not including "pure" DEWs)
-MHD systems (extracting power out of plasma)
-Water and waste purification

Links

University Of Tennessee Plasma Sciences - Video Clips
A good one to get the "feel" of plasmas - plus a cool article on plastic recycling using a 1 atmosphere plasma generator!

Coalition For Plasma Science
A very informative website on plasma science.

Princeton University Electric Propulsion And Plasma Dynamics Lab
Nice university website on plasma propulsion.

Mini-Magnetospheric Plasma Propulsion (M2P2)
University of Washington proposal for a spacecraft using a magnetic field to ride solar winds.

European Space Agency
Details of plasma propulsion for stationkeeping in ESA multimedia sats

[Edited on 11-3-2004 by Lampyridae]

posted on Mar, 11 2004 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Very impressive work everyone!

Keep it up!

I'll chime in with my own theories asap, i have business to attend to.

Excellent as usual natalie

posted on Mar, 11 2004 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Im adding a statement by former Sec of State William Cohen to solidify the validity of energy weaponry now being developed.

Others [terrorists] are engaging even in an eco-type of terrorism whereby they can alter the climate, set off earthquakes, volcanoes remotely through the use of electromagnetic waves... So there are plenty of ingenious minds out there that are at work finding ways in which they can wreak terror upon other nations...It's real, and that's the reason why we have to intensify our [counterterrorism] efforts." Secretary of Defense William Cohen at an April 1997 counterterrorism conference sponsored by former Senator Sam Nunn. Quoted from DoD News Briefing, Secretary of Defense William S. Cohen, Q&A at the Conference on Terrorism, Weapons of Mass Destruction, and U.S. Strategy, University of Georgia, Athens, Apr. 28, 1997.

www.cheniere.org...

Nissan demonstrated its new device designed to protect its parking lot from a hailstorm for WLBT News on Tuesday. It is a cannon that sends sonic waves up to 50,000 feet in the air to keep hailstones from forming. www.wlbt.com...

Vandalism In The Sky
By Dr. Nick Begich and Jeane Manning
www.earthpulse.com...

posted on Mar, 13 2004 @ 04:47 PM
link   
AAhhhh, laser weapons. Great!

Might I enlighten our American friends and make them aware that those lasers must emit at wavelengths beyond those transmitted by the eye. Cause the Geneva Convention prohobits weapons that could be used to blind people....... Tough luck, cause that would mean deep UV or far-IR, ergo no tranparency through air. Yay!

Keep up the good work peeps!

posted on Mar, 13 2004 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Devils Advocate
Might I enlighten our American friends and make them aware that those lasers must emit at wavelengths beyond those transmitted by the eye.
Tough luck, cause that would mean deep UV or far-IR, ergo no tranparency through air. Yay!

Your American friends are already enlightened to the limitations imposed by the "Blinding Weapons Protocol" to the Geneva Convention; that is why the MTHEL, Airborne Laser, etc are infrared lasers, and I can only guess that your statement about "transparency through air" regarding IR and UV lasing somehow speaks of some limitation in range... to that I can only say you are so right, all lasers certainly have a finite range for their effectiveness, however if you think that because they are infrared they are somehow ineffective then you need to go back to school....

The MTHEL and Airborne Laser's range is more than adequate to incinerate missiles in flight from many, many kilometers away. They've been tested, they work... and in your words Devils Advocate that equates to "Tough luck" for America's opponents... "Yay!"

Keep up the good work peeps!

Thank you for being our cheering squad... We will work with even more dilligence thanks to you and your valued input!

Regards~

PS: The "eye" doesn't transmit light... the eye receives light... no charge for that lesson in physiology.

[Edited on 14-3-2004 by intelgurl]

posted on Mar, 17 2004 @ 07:31 PM
link   
This is very interesting. But these systems are going to take a while to deploy because one particle beam probably costs millions of dollars at the least.

posted on Apr, 11 2004 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Just found this, released April 8, 2004:
Raytheon develops nonlethal directed-energy gun

Stopping an adversary in his boots with a nonlethal ray gun is no longer just a sci-fi pipe dream, according to a local defense contract official.
Nonlethal directed-energy scientists have tested a weapon that does just that, only on a slightly larger scale than a handgun, said Wade W. Smith, deputy of Raytheon Missile Systems' Directed Energy Weapons division.

Smith spoke of the promise of directed-energy weapons yesterday at the Photon Forum 2004, held Monday and Tuesday at Loews Ventana Canyon Resort, 7000 N. Resort Drive. The event was to expose potential investors and users to emerging technologies and give scientists and engineers a chance to network with the investment community.

Like a massive laser gun mounted on a military-style Humvee, the Active Denial Technology (ADT) weapon, which uses directed energy technology, "gets the bad guy to stop what he's doing," Smith said.

seekerof

posted on Apr, 13 2004 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by cyberdude78
This is very interesting. But these systems are going to take a while to deploy because one particle beam probably costs millions of dollars at the least.

hmmm... I think we may be able to do something about that... maybe try a little thing called THEFT, lol.

To be honest this thread is as far as I've looked into OSL type weaponry, so I'm almost clueless.

But, I do think they could find a way to have a solar powered version of the beam... if not that somethin else.

posted on Apr, 21 2004 @ 11:33 AM
link   
look what I just found:

U.S. Army Seeking 'Early Success' For Directed Energy

The U.S. Army is looking for a directed energy (DE) weapon or weapons that could be developed relatively quickly to generate more enthusiasm for the technology, according to a service official.

While the service is exploring more than a dozen DE technologies in the belief that such weapons have significant potential, many of the Army's weapons developers will be more likely to focus on DE as a solution to their needs when the technology is successfully demonstrated in a realistic setting, said Army Col. James Pierson of the Army Space and Missile Defense Command (SMDC).

Rest of the article...

So basically the army want to develop a DE weapon as fast as possible, to boost research projects into DE weapons?!
Aren't there enough DE related projects going onalready??

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 05:55 PM
link   
[Edited on 23-4-2004 by Nans DESMICHELS]

NANS STOP INSULTING INTELGURL

[Edited on 29-4-2004 by Zion Mainframe]

[Edited on 3-5-2004 by Nans DESMICHELS]

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Lasers, sounds, frequencies... Excellent to make a rave party but to make a war...

Just a question, natalie, it's you who have done the banners with some pictures of these stuff ? Nice work !

Okay, all thses toys are really nice and probably very expensive, true, but I dont think DeW's are so close.

If these weapons were operational and adapted to the moderns battle grounds, US army should have used them, for example, in Iraq. If they dont, there must be a good reason...

"Are the men playing with fire, or is it the fire who is playing with men ?"

[Edited on 3-5-2004 by Nans DESMICHELS]

posted on May, 19 2004 @ 11:46 PM
link   
If you are serious about information regarding this subject, please study this informatio! I have been helping to research and document events since 1997. If you never read another onl-line publication, don't miss these !!
Hear it from the expert ...

Scalar Interferometry Weapons

Read how the future of humanity has been hi-jacked
for more than 50 years by the weaponization of scalar electromagnetics and how the Western scientific community has been blind-sided by dogmatic adherence to 1867 electrical theory.
�... In 1999, the Earth's first strategic sub-space war was silently fought and won...�
Tom Bearden - �Fer de Lance,� 2nd Edition, 2003
Since 1963, the Russians have had the equivalent of more than seven additional Manhattan Projects (using the Russian 5-year program instead of the 4-year Manhattan Project), back-to-back, in development of energetics weaponry. Western scientists refuse to accept it, and cannot understand it, as scalar EM theory is not in their textbooks.

�North America has not had 'normal' weather since 1976�
�Tom Bearden

�40% of the $10 trillion U.S. economy is affected by weather and climate changes�� Conrad C. Lautenbacher,
U.S. under secretary for Commerce
Wall Street Journal, 28 July, 2003

(Lt. Col Thomas E. Bearden (retd.)
PhD, MS (nuclear engineering), BS (mathematics - minor electronic engineering) Co-inventor - the 2002 Motionless Electromagnetic Generator - a replicated overunity EM generator Listed in Marquis' Who'sWho in America, 2004)
www.cheniere.org...

FerdeLance
www.cheniere.org...
Almost every weapon system we presently have -- or are developing -- is totally vulnerable to scalar EM weaponry.

This includes personnel, electronics (including fuzing and warhead), explosives, propellants, fuels, ordnance, ships,
submarines, torpedoes, aircraft, helicopters, missiles, drones, rockets, tanks, armored vehicles, weapons carriers, self-propelled and towed artillery, communications, satellites, radars, command and control, directed energy weapon systems, surveillance and sensor systems, mines, artillery rounds and ammunition, nuclear warheads, etc.
"We are in dire straits. We need a "Manhattan Project" of the highest priority. Now!

The Soviets have already had the equivalent of seven or eight Manhattan Projects in this area."
Here is a significant statement by Sokolovskiy, contained in Military Strategy, 3rd edition, 1968. This is not propaganda. The Soviets really do have an effective missile defense. We do not. At the present rate we're going. we may not have one in the year 2000 -- if we live that long."
www.cheniere.org...

"Have the Soviets already "seeded" the populations of the U.S. and other selected western nations with scalar EM viruses and germs"?
www.cheniere.org...

Star Wars Now!
www.cheniere.org...

TOWARDS A NEW ELECTROMAGNETICS
www.cheniere.org...

Excalibur Briefing
www.cheniere.org...

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join