It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN: Obama's tax cuts hurts the poor

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 09:25 PM
link   
A friendly reminder to keep the course of discussion on topic and not other posters.

Thank you.

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Long time lurker, first time poster. I was attracted to this site because of a Nick Cook link to a polish (I was born in Poland) Nazi Bell test center, and I find this marxist diatribe.....

typical "uppity" yuppy white people. Get off yourselves. They've never tasted desperation.

CNN profiles ONE family out of how many making over 250k?? and you use this ONE family as an excuse and a base to profile and generalize an entire race just to satisfy your marxist bigotry?? typical white people, do not know desperation?? what a bunch of *Snip*
These people are angry over your messiah's threat to take their money, and that makes them uppity?? fighting back against govt tyranny makes one uppity?? wow.

I was born in Poland during the 50 year nightmare that was the marxist occupation. Unlike you and many other ignorant posters, i actually know what it is like to be politically oppressed, persecuted and "educated". I know what it is like to live under a totalitarian police state. Unlike you, I know what REAL poverty is like. i never had any of the modern conveniences you have, when I was a kid. even into my 20's. no heaters in the winter, no computers, no music, no TV, no NOTHING. unlike you, i had to wait in a line just to get some food that the marxist govt was rationing out. and you are going to sit there in your ivory tower and tell me I do not know what "desperation" is. with all do respect, but STFU.......

I moved to America after the fall of the Soviet Union. I came to America with nothing. all i had was my clothes. I met some fellow Poles and they helped me out. I learned English in 8 months (9 hours a day) and i went to school. I took out loans, grants and whatever else i could get to put me through school. and not once did i complain. i paid back my debt without a peep.

I eventually met a woman and we got married. we both loved to cook so we opened up our own shop. and now, after many many years, we are doing well for ourselves. We make over 250k a year. there is nothing typical at all about this white person. you took one exception and in your hate filled mind made them out to be the rule. "typical uppity white people"..... whatever......

If you disagree with me then im afraid it is you who is living in "ignorance"

what a gem of intellectualism
. Sounds like the line of thinking the communist govt used to tell me when i was a kid. if you disagree with us, you are a paid american spy, you are subversive, you are uneducated........

my God. I really wish the T&C allowed for certain instances of vulgarity, because the word "ignorant" just doesnt have enough impact for your 1/2 brained statement.

i left my country and the region to get away from the kind of totalitarian thinking you are displaying here. I came from nothing and now i have something, and you and your messiah want to tax me to death and take away what i have worked for just to redistribute it and increase govt spending for welfare programs. the communists tried that and failed miserably. There are no words to describe just how offensive your line of thinking really is. you are worse than a nazi. i wish i could write down what i really think, but i will get in trouble so instead i will have to make do with this:

*Snip*

How is it being racist to call them "yuppy white people"?

you called them "Typical uppity yuppy white people". You took one example and generalized an entire race based on them. that is racist. there is no such thing as a "typical white people". but seeing as how you support Obama, i can see why you would think such a thing. after all, we all cling to guns and religion because our brains are to small to grasp the more important matters in this country like class warfare and world opinion and fiscally wasteful welfare programs as opposed to fiscally wasteful war.

Mod Edit:

1) Be polite. Above all, we take pride in the fact that AboveTopSecret.com is renowned as a destination for civil and polite discussion of nearly anything. Treat your fellow ATS members with respect, and your time here will be rewarding.
ABOUT ATS: General ATS discussion etiquette

[edit on 6-7-2008 by MemoryShock]

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

Dear Mr. Anonymous.

Please, please, please, please, PRETTY PLEASE, hit that little new account button, and then send me a U2U and a friend request. Unlike most people, I know many like you who came to this country from a communist past. They are the most fiercely defensive peoples of their GOD GIVEN LIBERTY.

You help so much to combat the ugly racist stance of the neo-marxists that now populate this site.

And now I have found ONE reason to support the anonymous feature.

Along with my new support for the ignore feature.

This turned out to be a good thread after all.

By the way, superimposing a flag over Obama's eyes merely makes him look like a WWF wrestler. I'm guessing that was a mistake, or Obama really is going after the conservative middle states.

[edit on 5-7-2008 by jasonjnelson]

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Wow. You take things way out of context

calling someone a "yuppy white person" does not apply to all of white people

You think you are "intelligent" because you can take things out of context?

i guess the meaning of intelligence has mysteriously changed in my lifetime then.

They are typical "yuppy white people"

not "typical white people"

what difference do you not allow yourself to see?

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 11:53 PM
link   
its hilarious how categorizing a certain type of person automatically labels you racist to those who wish to oppose you.

If i was anti-obama and had made the same exact statement, you'd all be rushing off to star and flag my thread

double standards are really ugly, though you wear them on your sleeve

I never said a single thing about "white people" in general and you know it

do try to play the game with a little bit of dignity, wont you?
It does make it much more enjoyable with all whom are involved.

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
Long time lurker, first time poster.

Why do I have a hard time believing that after such a descriptive post?

CNN profiles ONE family out of how many making over 250k?? and you use this ONE family as an excuse and a base to profile and generalize an entire race just to satisfy your marxist bigotry??

And you use yourself as one example for being the typical $250k family? Sounds a little hypocritical.

edit: personal threat removed

So your from poland and use this kind of threat? This doesn't sound like it comes from a foreigner and somehow find that hard to believe. In fact I will go further and say that I don't believe your story that you are from poland and are could be somebody from just down the street. Because you post this anonymously further diminishes your credibility.

Something tells me that you are probably a life long American that is ticked off at one of the choices of this presidential election and nothing more.

I agree, you should sign up so we can get to know you better, or maybe you are already a member, but are too afraid to reveal yourself.

[edit on 7/6/2008 by Hal9000]

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 12:09 AM
link   
I would like to reiterate the reminder that this thread needs to remain on-topic.

Thank you.

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Obama's tax increase will hurt the poor. It actually lowers the amount of taxable income because people divert their would-be income to future investments or charities. Maybe the government should learn to deal with the money we give them now before we increase taxes for anyone.

So your from poland and use this kind of threat? This doesn't sound like it comes from a foreigner and somehow find that hard to believe. In fact I will go further and say that I don't believe your story that you are from poland and are could be somebody from just down the street. Because you post this anonymously further diminishes your credibility.

This is a prime example of MemoryShock's concern. Lets discuss content, not character.

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 12:22 AM
link   
reply to post by MemoryShock

Just a question on anonymous posting.

Why is it that someone posting anonymously can threaten another member by hitting them in the head with a baseball bat get away with it when a regular member would receive a warn and that part of the post be removed?

In my opinion regular members deserve more respect than some anonymous poster. Thanks.

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 12:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

we all cling to guns and religion because our brains are to small to grasp the more important matters in this country like class warfare and world opinion and fiscally wasteful welfare programs as opposed to fiscally wasteful war.

Well, if you want to speak for yourself, then go ahead. I guess obama got it right?
If you educate yourself, you see that obama isnt for government banning of guns.
He's for local and state governments deciding for themselves.

but i guess Sean Hannity neglected to put that tid-bit of information in the kool-aid this morning

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 12:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Andrew E. Wiggin

It's the second friggin amendment! Oh My GOD!

It's not up for the states to decide, and the federal government should be protecting those rights in the states. DUH!

Holy crap. I only took you off ignore to see what you said to anonymous. Now I have to leave the thread for fear my head will explode.

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 01:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hal9000
reply to post by MemoryShock

Just a question on anonymous posting.

Why is it that someone posting anonymously can threaten another member by hitting them in the head with a baseball bat get away with it when a regular member would receive a warn and that part of the post be removed?

In my opinion regular members deserve more respect than some anonymous poster. Thanks.

It is not okay...the showing of his/her post was not inclusive of that statement.

I would like to once again remind the posters to this thread that the topic is the point of ponderance...not the poster. Civility and Decorum...Please.

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 02:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by MemoryShock
It is not okay...the showing of his/her post was not inclusive of that statement.

Your right that the statement was not clear except for an American. Thank you for taking care of it.

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 05:27 AM
link   
Geez Andrew, your words really are betraying your "intelligence" in this post aren't they?

The fact that you called out skin color at all tells me your arguments are biased, hate-filled and inflated. Instead of calling out the income level alone you HAD to bring up skin color.

And YOU call yourself a member of the Obama party, the party that wants change? At least Obama says he wants to unify America, he doesn't emphasize trivial matters like skin color related to income.

Seriosuly, IF Obama really is a noble character, and he knew that people like YOU were supporting him he wouldn't have bothered to run for POTUS. You represent so much of what's wrong with this country, it's not even funny. I guess someone needs to feel sad for you, but it sure as heck isn't going to be me.

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 05:30 AM
link   
reply to post by DINSTAAR

Dinnstar you speak the truth! Offshoring jobs has hurt this country more than people will ever know, but like high gas prices, no one in this country cares until the cost gets too high. Bush's corporate tax cuts ought to be given only to corporations who don't offshore jobs.

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 07:03 AM
link   
When are we going to wake up and realize this is not a race thing? This is a class thing. This is between those who have and those who have not. For those of us with $25K a year certainly $250K seems a fortune! We all certainly have our own oppinions of how we would spend our salaries at $250K, but let's not forget each one of us would be enticed to spend more and more. Let's also not forget that on the way to making $250K our collective dumbasses have been abusing our own credit under the guise that we will be able to pay it all back at $250K. By the time you hit $250K if you have no credit debt I would have to commend you for not falling into the trap those that truly HAVE want you to fall into. The real leaches have more money than most of us could ever fathom. They are not rock stars, sports figures, or self-made. So when you think of some family whining about $250K a year, think to yourself - how would I do it different not snivelling white upper class idiot. I wonder when we are going to wake up!

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 09:05 AM
link   
250k is at least three times the average income for two people. No way that can be considered poor. That family should probably move to a smaller house in a less expensive part of town.

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 09:33 AM
link   
So when are we going to see the source that launched this entire thread? Until that pops up, this looks like another "Obama supporter attacking those with money" post.

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by BlueTriangle

as i said " i seen it on TV 5 minutes ago"

im still looking for a digital copy of the video. I was at work, or else i would have recorded it myself

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 03:43 PM
link   
i sent CNN an email looking for this video

i will call them tomorrow and see if i can atleast get a transcript

in the mean time

This article completely embraces the video they showed on CNN yesterday.

Ill post as soon as i get a reply from CNN

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join