It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Colombian rebels paid $20 mln to free Betancourt - Swiss media

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Colombian rebels paid $20 mln to free Betancourt - Swiss media

en.rian.ru

Colombian rebels received a $20 million ransom for the "staged" release of 15 hostages, including former Colombian presidential candidate Ingrid Betancourt and three U.S. citizens, Swiss media reported Friday. (VIDEO)

"The release of the 15 hostages for a high ransom was first negotiated, and after that a rescue operation was staged," Radio Suisse Romande reported, citing an anonymous source.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 12:01 PM
link   
I'm not sure how credible the Swiss media is but I could see something like this happening. I really don't know enough about the Colombian political and social environment to comment more but I thought this was pretty interesting.

en.rian.ru
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Parabol

I'm not sure how credible the Swiss media is but I could see something like this happening.

Well it wouldn't surprise me either if this was the case. I thought I read somewhere that they have some sort of reserve measuring about $100 Million to pay of FARC rebels.

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Hilarious! A few days ago when this first broke, evryone was giving props to "our spec ops" that they did so well. Ha, they can't even keep a farce a secret.

new topics

top topics

join