It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's this movie called?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Once again, I need the BTS Movie buffs help in finding a movie.
It's a British movie so this is for on that side of the world!

Heres a quick plot of what the movie is about.

A Man is standing outside of a bar while a thief who just stole a old ladies purse bumps into him, dropping the purse and falling over making the police officer catch him. The Thief yells out something like "I'll get you when i get out".

The Thief finally gets out of prison and one night hes at a bar and spots the guy who spoiled his robbery. The guy gets freaked out and decides to go home. As hes walking home he feels someones walking behind him, a hand touches his shoulder and he thinks its the thief out to kill him, so he turns around and stabs the guy with a screwdriver.

Turns out to be a Police Officer, and the guy ends up getting charged and goes to prison himself.

While in prison he meets a inmate who teaches him out to survive prison, and over time he turns into a real thug.

He serves his time and is released. Tries to get work but no-one wants to hire a ex-con. so he turns to selling drugs and get in with a gang/mob.

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 06:15 AM
link   
Bump. Anyone?

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 06:33 AM
link   
Ill bump again as i still haven't find out the name of this movie. Wheres all the Brit movie buffs at??

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 06:51 AM
link   
Reminds me of a movie that was on not so long ago...

It starred Roger Daltry.

I didn't get too see the start of it, but it sounds similar.

Actually come too think of it, no it doesn't, roger was a show pony kinda tough guy in the movie, so his character wouldn't have been scared.... and actually, come too think of it, it was about a prison escape and stuff like that, so, in summary the movie that I just described, has no similarites what so ever.....apart from the prison bit.

I'll give you a flag... because I feel bad that I just wasted your time in reading my post, without it helping you at all.

Cheers, Fox.

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 06:59 AM
link   
reply to post by LI(f)E.

Is it a 50's / 60's black and white film, or something a bit later?

Quite a few possibilities so could do with a bit more information.

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Nope. Relatively newish movie.

Cant think of much more to describe the movie as i dont know any of the actors or anything like that.

a scenes come to mind though,

One scene is when hes in prison, and the old inmate who told him that to survive in prison hes got to show who's tougher. So the following day during lunch time, he is sitting down with the other inmates with his plate of mush, and one of the "bully" type inmate who on previous occasions would take his food came up to him and started telling him to hand over the food like he did before.
And this time instead of letting him takes it, he says something (cant remember what) then he slams the "bullys" face into the table breakin his nose, then it cuts to him being taken back to his shared sell and being told to behave himself by the guards, and as he gets close to his cell, his cellmate starts yelling at him as he always does and again without thinking the guy just knocks him out..thus his reputation in prison started.

Another scene is when he gets out, noone will give him work because he was in prison, so he goes and talks to some gangsta type guy who gives him a job selling drugs and those kind of things.
And theres a scene where hes selling drugs out of a icecream van, and there cops across the road doing surveillance work but are to dumb to realise what is happening.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 07:11 AM
link   
500 ATS points for anyone who finds it

If it helps, the movie starts with a flashback to him in a room about to shoot someone.

And I believe in the end he dies? Gets shot.

[edit on 22/10/08 by LI(f)E.]

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 07:19 AM
link   
Any idea where the movie was set?

London ? Liverpool? Glasgow etc. Or the name of the prison?

The icecream part rings a bell lol no pun intended. But then again lots of movies sell drugs from icecream vans.

Is the lead character black or white?

And do you know if it was true life based or total fiction?

[edit on 22-10-2008 by N.B.A.Y.S.O.H]

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Main character is white. I am not sure of what part of England it is set in.

Cant remember too many details as ive only seen it once.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Sure i've seen the film you mean mate but just can't put a name to it.
Racked me brain, asked all the film buffs @ the pub, still can't think of it.
Will defo let u kno if / when find out title etc.

Soz that's all can offer.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 02:55 AM
link   
A new Bump for a new year.
Hate being persistent, but It's bugging me not knowing!

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 10:38 AM
link   
IS it "Shooters", the prison scene you describe sounds familier.
Though I haven't seen it in a long time so I could be wrong.

www.imdb.com...

If you search youtube for "Shooters opening scene" you'll see a clip but I wont post it because of language.

I know you've been waiting a loooong time to find this movie so I hope I have the right one.

Edit:, Oh wait thats not the movie.

I think this is.
"Going off big time."

uk.youtube.com...

www.imdb.com...

I think this is the one you want. I knew what you described was familier just couldn't pinpoint a movie, I read this thread when you first posted too, sorry I couldn't of been any help sooner.

[edit on 6-1-2009 by Chukkles]

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 06:23 PM
link   

"Going off big time."

That's it!
Chukkles you're a legend!

Thanks.

Ps.- Watched the intro to that "Shooters" movie. Looks interesting. Is it any good?

[edit on 6/1/09 by LI(f)E.]

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 07:52 AM
link   
If your American or other nationality, you may have trouble understanding whats being said, (very thick regional accents).
From what I remember it was OK, (not as good as Snatch for example)

top topics

join