It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I hear Members of Congress Saying 'If We Could Only Nuke Iran': Ron Paul

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Animal
First off DD is correct please contact your representatives and tell them to oppose this.

This is NOT inevitable. The more than a year long information campaign waged by Bush and his cronies leads us to believe that this is inevitable when it is in fact NOT. Stand up people. It is gong to take more than posting on ATS as well.

Also, I have begun to seriously doubt the likelihood that the USA will strike Iran. Israel will. We will dump dollars into it, we will likely have covert troops help out, they are already there.

This is a game. Now I do not claim to KNOW anything, but I can say that I think this is a sham.

Regardless remember to contact your representatives. Talk to your friends and family.

NONSENSE!!!!! I'm telling u right now it doesn't matter who u contact. They don't care about how u feel, about what thier plans r, U are a common man they are the Elite and therefore have nothing in common with U. Ur opinion of world afairs matters not in this country unless u own a Billion $ company with millitary contracts. People keep saying "Its time for the American people to wake up", its too late. U can wake up all U want, they got camps to put U in if U get out of line. They aren't even trying to hide the fact that we don't matter. U want proof, how many Americans are sick of these wars that never seem to end, 80%, 90% and yet thier is roomer of them waging another. Don't U get it, They know that the majority of Americans are tired of wars and they are about to start another. The writting is all over the wall, but some people just can't read!!!

'

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 11:59 AM
link   
What was Pelosi saying before she became speaker? How did the Dems get the senate and the house. Go back and look at what was being said and compare it to what they have done!! LOL....They are laughing at us. Do u truly think that these Millionaires in power value our opinion? Do U honestly believe that they are working for Us, that we the people R the Boss!

[edit on 7/7/2008 by XcLuciFer]

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 12:44 PM
link   
......pre-emptive nuclear strike against Iran. Wow, What a concept, a modern nuke smacking into Iran.

After that America would have to ward off the rest of the world. All Americans would have to come back or the retaliation could be very nasty. I would have to think all the armed forces would be expelled from the other world nations or be killed.

Do you even think China or Russia would do nothing. After the shock of the U.S. really doing this terrible thing. I can't imagine what could be the out come.

Oil would STOP being shipped over here........better buy a horse, cars would come to a stop.

Later.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 02:37 PM
link   
I've emailed Congressman Paul via his House website, asking if he could name which of his fellow Congressmen are saying "If we could only nuke them."

Hopefully we will have a reply soon.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Well, this will be an unpopular take on things, but here goes.

I honestly don't see how outright nuking Iran would be any worse than the quagmire we've gotten ourselves into in Iraq from a monetary standpoint. I'm not saying we should nuke them, but compared to the alternative of sending in troops and going through the whole song and dance we've been performing the past 6 years I would consider it to be about equal in terms of favorabillity. Hell, at least we'd be making an effort to actually win a war and that, in my opinion, would be saying a lot more than we can say in Iraq. So far I have yet to see our military (under orders from above, of course) actually attempt to do anything but stale mate the Iraq mess.

I also think alot of people are overestimating (to say the least) China and Russia's actual reaction should we do such a thing. There would no doubt be a huge public outcry from world leaders around the globe, but what they say in public is vastly different than what happens behind closed doors, which we as Americans have observed first hand in this very country. Behind the closed political doors, deals would be made, backs would be scratched, profits would be shared, and China and Russia would agree to make a vocal fuss over it while effectively doing absolutely NOTHING to us.

There would be some countries that might take things much further, but many of the main contenders haven't got anywhere near the power or resources to do anything other than finger shaking at us. France, Germany, the EU as a whole, etc would express outrage, but so what? Oil prices would skyrocket, that much is true... but we're basically dying a slow death by oil prices at this point anyway, so whether we hit $400 a barrel oil tomorrow or in 5 years, it just prolongs the agony. The trade protectionists would be tickled pink because it would bbasically force America to turn within for much of our trading and manufacturing... I believe there'd be threats of sanctions, but currently none could stick as we're still the primary player keeping the entire world moving financially, even with all the downturn in the market and struggling US dollar. (The day the world market unilatteraly shifts away from the dollar is the day we should actually worry about sanctions. And I believe we're still a far cry away from that shift realistically happening.)

So it's a matter of spending God only knows how many trillions in another Iraq, or spend a fraction of that in one fell swoop across Iran. From a money standpoint it actually makes more sense.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 02:50 PM
link   
One good reason for not believing China and Russia would not retaliate if we nuked Iran.

F-A-L-L-O-U-T

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Should the criminal government of the USA decide to use nuclear weapons on Iran then an enormous amount of radioactive material would be thrown into the atmosphere. Nations neighboring Iran would have every reason to attack the USA for the radioactive poisoning of their nations.

Some nations may even feel justified in a first strike against the USA in order to stop it.

Pre-emptive war: if it is good for the goose, it is good for the gander.

Of course, it is a crime against humanity, but when has that stopped an openly Nazi regime or a covert/occult Nazi regime like the current government of the USA.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 03:42 PM
link   
If USA nukes Iran, then I will lose all my respect for Americans and the world. A war with Iran would be a global disaster and failure.

I can only hope that it will not happen. USA is accumulating bad karma each day is Iraq, Iran will be the crown. I don't want to imagine what will hit USA as a consequence.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by burdman30ott6

These wars arent meant to be won Burd they are meant to be sustained so all the profiteers can soak in as much money as they can before the public gets so ticked that they have to pull out. This is all about money I mean lets face it there is no reason we should not of smoke Vietnam or no reason we should still be in Iraq our military is to powerful but when you make the rules so you cant win the war it just goes to show you.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 05:04 PM
link   
contacting your senator or mayor will whatever will do nothing

you must talk to the people, NOT politicians

A Massive rally is needed, with almost constant news coverage

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
contacting your senator or mayor will whatever will do nothing

you must talk to the people, NOT politicians

A Massive rally is needed, with almost constant news coverage

i second that

[edit on 8-7-2008 by JOINTHERESISTANCE]

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 01:37 AM
link   
reply to post by magicmushroom

I couldn't agree more.. And what we in the U.S. have been seeing in the world geopolitically and economically up to this point can easily be called the making of the fall of an empire! The food crisis is going to get worse, then you have the oil situation. Our economy is not exactly bustling with activity right now.. The dollar is losing value globally..Then you have secret societies of choice political and economic players from around the world conspiring to do their bidding to their own ends regardless of what the result will be for everyone else.

This could easily be the buildiup to what the big players hope will be the justification for creating the North American Union (the next big step to a one world government). If the people can be made to believe that such a union would be beneficial for our country, it is then much easier to push such plans forward.

And there is no argument that war in the 20th century is a cost-plus enterprise where the big players have the free will to do what they please. The military has the UCMJ, the contractors have their bosses. This is a completely different world just in the thirty years since Vietnam.

But just on a side-note..
I remember John McCain talking out against Obama because of his statements about war with Iran. But if I'm not mistaken, wasn't it McCain who said "Bomb bomb bomb.. Bomb bomb Iran" during a public speech with war veterans?

-ChriS

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Well, it's been about 24 hours now, and I still have not heard from Ron Paul's office.

On a side note here, you folks realize you are getting worked up over the word of just one man, right?

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaviorComplex
Well, it's been about 24 hours now, and I still have not heard from Ron Paul's office.

On a side note here, you folks realize you are getting worked up over the word of just one man, right?

One man who has been so far on WAY to many issues where all the other politicians have been WAY wrong. He is the only one to also talk about the root causes to these issues also. You dont hear any of the other people talking about the money at all. According to the other politicians we have infinite money.

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Americans of all migrant background should go back to their Motherland or Fatherland as soon as they can, as America as a country is finished whether you bomb Iran or not. I am hoping my country Australia will not be dragged down by the suction of the sinking ship.

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Rayzor51

If anyone wants to leave, I'll gladly hold the door open for them on their way out. I'm 100% certain I won't be holding it alone.

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Pericle

Pelle wrote
"Of course, it is a crime against humanity, but when has that stopped an openly Nazi regime or a covert/occult Nazi regime like the current government of the USA."

A true American would never refer to his own counties government in such a manner.

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 06:28 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 06:32 PM
link   
I seriously doubt we're going to war with Iran. For one thing, we don't have the troops so we'd have to call up the Boyscouts, for the second the Airforce isn't in great shape either. I don't thing anyone is going to follow an order to release nukes against a nation that hasn't attacked us, it may cause a coup in this country with the military placing control of America in the hands of Congress until Nov. Congress can not order our troops to attack anyone, they can only declare a state of war exists, they have no executive authority to send troops into combat.

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
en.wikipedia.org...
It appears that the Iranians are the original white people

nah, they're black, and worse still Muslim. I know I'm British, but when a country of 3000 years standing (Persia-Iran) is told what to do by a country of barely 200, well that has to make you laugh. They kicked out the Shah in 1979 and have done everything by the constitution since. We won't invade North Korea, but are on standby with this oil rich state. Honestly, North Korea would not be worth the redevelopment money.
But Iran, they're Muslim extremists, we paid and made the gas for Saddam to gas 'em. I notice that their language is that they would hit if hit, but also obliterate Israel off the map. We said the same about the good ol' USS of R, but nothing transpired. Language and action are far apart.
Worse still, we are getting rid of the safety of mutually assured clearance in favour of defence shields that make the class of people (politicians) who think they control things (but never do) be ever more convinced that by their hardness and intransigence that they are the solution.

GOVERNMENT IS NOT THE PROBLEM, POLITICIANS ARE.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join