It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Signing away more forest land.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Well, it looks like Bush is going to let more forest land be developed. It`s going to be coast to coast rooftops at the rate it`s going, and very few trees in between, I believe the man lost his mind. Read this....

www.msnbc.msn.com...

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 11:12 AM
link   
First off the USA needs to begin to take VERY drastic measures to curb the spread of urban sprawl.

It destroys habitat, fragments it with new road ways and increases our already desperate addition to oil. Suburbs are waste lands that once things do get really tough will be largely uninhabitable.

Still though Missoula, Montana is a beautiful place and just like every other smallish beautiful place in America it is going to be co-oped by big business and turned into 'Disney Land'...Think Telluride, Aspen, Veil, Sedona, Santa Fe, Taos, Etc Etc Etc...The American dream has been realized in Crappy Monotonous Suburban Nightmares....How boring.

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 11:21 AM
link   
What ever happened to redeveloping areas where companies have moved out and left empty buildings? Why pick on forest lands? Geez, some of these areas where empty buildings set are large and are an eyesore. Better yet, get rid of the buildings and plant trees there. Get rid of old empty houses and rebuild in those sites. No, they think it`s better to ruin the land that gives us the air we breath. The fools.

[edit on 5-7-2008 by FiatLux]

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 11:34 AM
link   
The best thing about a tree, is what you can make out of it after it is cut down!

Bravo to Bush for daring to use our natural resources for the benefit of the American people!

Maybe California needs to realize the same thing. Forest fires are out of control. Maybe if they cut down some of these trees, thin them out a bit, the forest fires wouldn't be so bad. There are just way too many trees out there! Too much fuel for the fire.

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by RRconservative

Did you stop to think that it doesn`t just take a forest area to start a fire? Yea, I know....darned old trees made of wood, how dare you burn our houses made of wood. Please, next time put a little more thought into something before you add to a topic. What you are saying is no more then thanking bush for killing off the environment, yea, that`s what we all want isn`t it?

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by FiatLux
reply to post by RRconservative

Did you stop to think that it doesn`t just take a forest area to start a fire? Yea, I know....darned old trees made of wood, how dare you burn our houses made of wood. Please, next time put a little more thought into something before you add to a topic. What you are saying is no more then thanking bush for killing off the environment, yea, that`s what we all want isn`t it?

Wow? It doesn't take a forest to start a forest fire? House that are made of wood are responsible?

Thinning forests and clearing old growth areas will most certainly reduce forest fires and preserve the enviroment. If this was practiced in California, the fires would not be raging out of control like they are now.

What I am doing is thanking Bush from protecting us from the enviroment!

Why would I want trees to burn for no reason, they don't have to, it can be prevented. I'd rather have a product made from a tree in my home, than for that same tree burned up spewing out CO2 damaging our ozone layer.

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by RRconservative

What I am doing is thanking Bush from protecting us from the enviroment!

Why would I want trees to burn for no reason, they don't have to, it can be prevented. I'd rather have a product made from a tree in my home, than for that same tree burned up spewing out CO2 damaging our ozone layer.

You have a severely twisted view on this subject mate... but at least you are
consistent in your madness

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 01:22 PM
link   
I think that getting rid of forests would be a very good thing for this administration to do. It would severely reduce the amount of places that 'enemy combatants' could hide and run off to survive in, if Martial Law were to ever happen.

Many people are ending up homeless in this horrible economy. We can't have them living on the land, instead of depending on the government, now can we?

Living on the land, in the future, will be nothing but a long lost dream.

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dermo

You have a severely twisted view on this subject mate... but at least you are
consistent in your madness

Trees are nice, beautiful and a blessing from nature. I have to control myself everyday just not to run up to one and give it a big hug. Some people don't have the control I do.

But sometimes you got to just control yourself and see the bigger picture.

A nice Cedar chest, an oak desk, a nice wood bookshelf....all gifts from trees, and much better than a burnt up chared stump sitting in a burnt up forest.

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Oh I have plenty of control. I don`t need to run up and hug a tree to show I care about them, and I can still see the bigger picture. I`m talking about cutting down thousands of acres of forest lands to build more housing, not just for the wood itself, that in itself is bad enough.

As far as trees giving us gifts, it won`t be long before their gift giving days will be over at the rate we bring them down. It`s time we give back to them, isn`t it?

[edit on 5-7-2008 by FiatLux]

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by RRconservative

Trees are nice, beautiful and a blessing from nature. I have to control myself everyday just not to run up to one and give it a big hug. Some people don't have the control I do.

But sometimes you got to just control yourself and see the bigger picture.

A nice Cedar chest, an oak desk, a nice wood bookshelf....all gifts from trees, and much better than a burnt up chared stump sitting in a burnt up forest.

again.. insane but consistent

top topics

join