It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Going to the Bookstore..Give me your best

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 10:11 AM
link   
I'm heading to the bookstore and I'm looking for a good book.
Any suggestions? I have recently read Hunt for the Skinwalker, The Brain The Owners Manual.

I like fiction and nonfiction, science topics as well. Love creepy stuff especially if it has some truth to it.

Help please

Thanks, Rachel

Ugh I think I posted this in the wrong forum as usual. Anyone in Memphis, TN area here?

[edit on 5-7-2008 by Bachrk]

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Bachrk

i love Brian Lumley

necroscope series and offshoots

www.brianlumley.com...

enjoy

david

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Those sound interesting.
Thanks I'll look him up!
Anyone else?

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Perverted Realities- it is a little scifi, horror, and fantasy, and a little humor thrown in for good measure. It is a short read, but I really liked it. Plus, I heard it is a series and the second series is coming out in the autumn.

Anyway- happy shopping.

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Jaws.
Just do it.
It is awesome.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Here are mostly new nonfiction titles with an ATS spin to them:

A nuclear family vacation: travels in the world of atomic weaponry (Hardcover, June 2008). By Sharon Weinberger and Nathan Hodge. The authors were recently interviewed about this book on C-span. Good interview.

My Guantanomo diary: the detainees and the stories they told me (Hardcover, June 2008). By Mahvish Khan. The author is a law student who worked with some of the detainees.

Top secret tourism: Your travel guide to germ warfare laboratories, clandestine aircraft bases and other places in the United States you're not supposed to know about. (Paperback, 2007) By Harry Helms.

The Unthinkable: Who Survives When Disaster Strikes, and Why (Hardcover, June 2008). By Amanda Ripley. Why did New Orleans struggle to survive post-Katrina, yet Morgan Stanley saved its World Trade Center employees on 9-11? Why are some people immobilized by disaster while others know clearly how to respond? Ripley, a journalist, interviews many experts as well as disaster survivors and concludes that knowing how you will actually react under intense stress may be your key to survival in a major disaster.

[edit on 7/7/2008 by Uphill]

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 03:21 PM
link   
The best book I have probably ever read was Aztec by Gary Jennings. ALL his books are good, but you absolutley cannot go wrong with this EPIC tale. Read this to really escape!

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Life changing....

"Morning of the Magicians"

Louis Paowels and Jacques Bergier

top topics

join