It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man beheads Hitler waxwork

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 01:22 PM
link   
I guess this goes to show that even a common man can be an art critic. (Sorry couldn't help myself!)

It is unfortunate that this individual took it upon himself to vandalize this piece of work. If he didn't like it, he should have just moved on to another display. The truth is everyone will come across one thing or another that offends them. This offense, however, does not give anyone carte blanche to act in such a petty manner.

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard
hahaha

The guy should be given a medal.

Good for him.

That buffoon should be given a medal for destroying a peace of wax art? You cant go running around cutting the heads of people you don't like..

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by mybigunit

Originally posted by OrangeAlarmClock

It's a MUSEUM. A place that shows History. Are we supposed to censor history and re-write the history books? Is that moral?

It's not like this is the hollywood walk of fame that Hitler is on display in.

We already do rewrite history. Look at the American Civil war. You ask any citizen here what it was fought for and all of them would say to free the slaves which is not the truth.

Good points, I never looked at it that way. You are right, especially about the Civil War.

It was fought not to free the slaves, it was fought because the CSA broke away from the Union and the Union was pissed. Originally Lincoln had no plans to free any slaves but it eventually evolved into that, probably when the Union realized they could win the war with the extra manpower from the freed slaves when the slaves joined their forces. Lincoln himself is heralded as some kind of hero for freeing the slaves but in fact I believe he wanted slavery to stay. I think president Grant had more to do with freeing slaves than Lincoln ever did any way.

I guess an old saying is true: "He who wins the war, writes the history books." ~Unknown

The winners of the war will always make themselves out to be the good guys, even if they were really the bad guys. They will also teach their people that they are the good guys and the enemy they defeated were the bad guys. I'm sure if the South had won the civil war, they would be taught that the evil Northies were really the ones with slaves and that the south freed them. I'm sure if Nazi Germany won WWII, they would be teaching their people how evil America was for imprisoning and killing Japanese during WWII, and FDR would have been the Hitler in those timelines.

"Good guys always win, because the winners always say they are the good guys." ~ Me

[edit on 5-7-2008 by OrangeAlarmClock]

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by OrangeAlarmClock

Well when you look at the emancipation proclamation it didnt even free the slaves in the north or border states it just freed the slaves in southern hands. hell freed northern black men had slaves tell me that isnt pathetic. Also why did the south secede from the north which is another thing no one wants to talk about. Slaves was part of it but it was also northern industrial and banking interests that were robbing the south blind and finally they had enough. The civil war when you research it really says a lot about America even today if people would sit down and do the research. But they dont they assume that what is taught in our government ran propaganda machines aka schools is fact and in a lot of cases it is not. There are always 2 sides to a story they say but like you said its the victor who writes history.

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 01:48 PM
link   
why is this news? seems like a nonevent to me.

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 02:03 PM
link   
I wonder now, will the neo/nazi con bush(s) declare war on germany for allowing a stooge to destroy the likeness of there puppet hitler.

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 02:09 PM
link   
American civil war was fought to keep slavery, I think.
All about cotton.
Slaves produced the cotton for the Northern textile mills.
The Feds passed a law that capped the price of cotton and made it illegal to sell to England, for their mills.
If the North wanted to free slaves, they could have made an incentive program, where the plantation owners could sell their cotton for a cent higher, per bale, for each slave they set free.
No, the civil war was about profits, like most wars, and not for freedom.

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 02:11 PM
link   
The person that committed this act is a criminal under the law. This is an act of vandalism and not justified.

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 02:13 PM
link   

reply to post by OrangeAlarmClock

Well when you look at the emancipation proclamation it didnt even free the slaves in the north or border states it just freed the slaves in southern hands. hell freed northern black men had slaves tell me that isnt pathetic. Also why did the south secede from the north which is another thing no one wants to talk about. Slaves was part of it but it was also northern industrial and banking interests that were robbing the south blind and finally they had enough. The civil war when you research it really says a lot about America even today if people would sit down and do the research. But they dont they assume that what is taught in our government ran propaganda machines aka schools is fact and in a lot of cases it is not. There are always 2 sides to a story they say but like you said its the victor who writes history.

All good points. Don't forget as well, Lincoln's original plan through the whole war was the send the freed slaves back to Africa, he didn't want them living here in America.

Hence, the founding of Liberia:

It doesn't have that flag and name for no reason. ;-)

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Whether you like him or not Hitler is VERY fundamental to our modern history. Where do you think a lot of our modern technology we use today came from in both medicine and military.

And since the USA took so many Nazis in, and since Prescott Bush was a Nazi, it can also be seen that the USA as it is currently ruled is Hitler's legacy.

I think they can have a wax figure of the bastard Hitler. But they should also have regular public meltings of other wax copies of the Hitler statue. I'd probably even buy a little wax figure myself if I could stand there and melt it to pieces with my cigarette lighter.

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by OrangeAlarmClock
It's a MUSEUM.

Thank you for letting me know the wax museum is a museum.
You are the second person to tell me this.

Are we supposed to censor history and re-write the history books? Is that moral?
It's not like this is the hollywood walk of fame that Hitler is on display in.

Who said we should censor anything?

PLEASE refer to the post I made already addressing this as being my own personal opinion and please read through the thread before issuing knee-jerk responses. I don't want to keep repeating myself, especially when reading a few posts will give you an adequate response to your unnecessary questions directed at me.

reply to post by lee anoma

Thanks,

- Lee

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 02:36 PM
link   
For those that are coming in late and blasting me for wanting to censor the wax figure please read here:

reply to post by lee anoma

AGAIN ...as I said before...destroying the figure was wrong. My contemplation was personal, as in how I FELT about a Hitler wax figurine not anywhere did I state the statue should be destroyed or hidden.

I have a right to state how I feel about any form of art. We do it all the time in life. Critics do it for a living. If Ebert give Hancock 1 star he isn't saying all superhero films should be destroyed. I have already explained and acknowledged Hitlers place in History and the importance of remembering it.

My contemplation over how I felt about a Hitler figure on display has NOTHING to do with anyone else but me. Please reread my post and take the time to try and understand what I am saying. That or jump to conclusions and get on a soap box and spout rhetoric denouncing me as the new head of the censorship police force.

I hope I don't have to keep saying this.

I am already getting foe adds which I am sure is based on the misconception over what I meant. Or not. Whatever.

- Lee

[edit on 5-7-2008 by lee anoma]

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 11:53 PM
link   
The Straw Swastika

Hitler is the ultimate straw man.

Say something someone else considers inappropriate and *BAM* -- you're "Hitler".

I can't even begin to count how many times mods are called "Nazis" for simply enforcing our terms & conditions, which are anything but Fascist.

But that's all part of the "Nazi mystique", isn't it?

A question for anyone who would level the charge of "Nazi!" against another member:

Who's the Nazi: The member who speaks freely, or the member who "asks for your papers"?

Food for thought.

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 05:57 PM
link   
I did not read this article but I read the news story. I believe it was done a few hours after the grand opening. It must of been planned!

Who would thing that thing would last anyway? I think everyone hates hitler. His name should be exempt from the name capitolization rule!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join