It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man beheads Hitler waxwork

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Man beheads Hitler waxwork

www.cnn.com

BERLIN, Germany (CNN) -- A man raced into Berlin's Madame Tussauds wax museum Saturday and ripped the head off a waxwork of Adolf Hitler, police said.

Police said the 41-year-old entered the exhibit shortly after the museum doors opened and "made for the Hitler figure," scuffling with a guard assigned to protect it and the manager before tearing the head off the life-size statue.

The man was arrested and is now in custody, Berlin police spokeswoman Uwe Kozelnik said. He told officers he wanted to protest the figure being included in the museum.

(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.telegraph.co.uk

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Heh...I was wondering if something like that would happen.

I was contemplating whether or not such a figure should even be on display. On one hand Hitler is irrevocably bound to us by history and his actions should not be forgotten, but on the other hand is such a figure paying tribute to him?

Not sure.

Beheaded though...lol...that's one answer to the question.

- Lee

www.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 5-7-2008 by lee anoma]

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 09:33 AM
link   
hahaha

The guy should be given a medal.

Good for him.

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Contemplating whether such a figure should be on display? This is a PRIVATE museum right? Who is anyone to contemplate whether it is proper, except the owner?

At first I thought it could be another angry Muslim. But I read further and found out it was an angry liberal that took it upon himself to decide what is proper to display in a museum.

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Whether you like him or not Hitler is VERY fundamental to our modern history. Where do you think a lot of our modern technology we use today came from in both medicine and military. Not only that he nearly took over the whole damn world. Its a private museum also. To disregard Hitler from history is to disregard Napoleon, Alexander the Great, The Roman Empire, and on and on...you dont think those world conquerors didnt mass kill along the way?

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 09:49 AM
link   
"The People" have spoken.

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by RRconservative
Contemplating whether such a figure should be on display? This is a PRIVATE museum right? Who is anyone to contemplate whether it is proper, except the owner?

Wrong.

I have a right to contemplate how I feel about the display.
Which is exactly what I was doing. I am not even in Germany, dude.

I didn't say how I felt about the figure would or should be museum law.

I have a right to determine how I feel about any artwork I see.
I am sure the artists would agree.

Who are you to say otherwise?

- Lee

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 09:59 AM
link   
He, and everyone has the right to say they don't like it. But it is a private museum and so it is not up to anyone but the owner if it is there.

Personally, I do not think it should be, but it is not my decision and so I do not agree with what this man did.

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by ATS4dummies

inncorrect : a single narrow minded individual has attempted to force his opinion on everyone - and denied others the chance to see it

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Reply to lee anoma

Maybe the wrong choice of words...my bad.

Contemplation can be a good thing. But taking it the step further and deciding for others is the problem.

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 10:06 AM
link   
wow
that certainly didnt take long

people can be so stupid and childish at times.

If you dont like the hitler wax statue

go look somewhere else. You dont have to cut its damn head off :shk:

to 'forget about hitler' would be one of the dumbest things society could do

[edit on 7/5/2008 by Andrew E. Wiggin]

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by mybigunit
Whether you like him or not Hitler is VERY fundamental to our modern history. Where do you think a lot of our modern technology we use today came from in both medicine and military. Not only that he nearly took over the whole damn world. Its a private museum also. To disregard Hitler from history is to disregard Napoleon, Alexander the Great, The Roman Empire, and on and on...you dont think those world conquerors didnt mass kill along the way?

That is exactly what I was thinking.

Again...looking at it from that standpoint the display is perfectly reasonable. I was just examining my own personal feelings (or trying to consider that of those he may have directly affected) about Hitler as a man being displayed in a museum. I don't feel I should be attacked though for questioning whether or not the display should exist at all. I am after all, trying to rationally look at the situation and remain objective to some degree. My personal feeling about the statute are just that. I am not planning a protest regardless of whatever conclusion I arrive at.

Personally I strongly disagree with what the Nazi party stood for including what they did. That is my personal view. I also don't think they should be scrubbed from the history books. However I was also considering if a Hitler statue or wax figure could be seen as paying tribute to this man or just simply marking his chapter in history.

I certainly agree that he did have a major impact in world history. His actions lead to other reactions and straight on into present day. Particularly the middle-east.

I don't think I would have the stones to rush in and rip the figures head off.

That I think is wrong.
That figure was well-made, and I don't agree with destroying art.

- Lee

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 10:31 AM
link   
I don't agree with people destroying history just because they didn't like it.

One thing that irks me is when instead of facing what happened in the past, people destroy what they can of it.

I know this isn't exactly the same thing, but it's very reminiscent of it.

I've seen history books re-written because they weren't "Patriotic", and along with that re-write, complete sections of history are removed from the minds of children, and replaced by nationalistic lies.
(More often than not, I've seen it happen in the states. But that's another story.)

The reason destroying history gets me angry, is because I desire the truth, no matter how cold or painful. And arguing against people about history when they have been told a fake version of it really ticks me off.

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Yup Lee that is correct if this person did not like it he has all the right in the world to not like it...he can go somewhere else or just say hey I dont like it he didnt have to destroy it. That in a sense makes him no better than Hitler. If you dont like something you will destroy it? Hmm

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 12:34 PM
link   
What a coward. Attacking a defenseless piece of wax. I dare him to try that on a real flesh-and-blood dictator.

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by lee anoma

Police said the 41-year-old entered the exhibit shortly after the museum doors opened and "made for the Hitler figure," scuffling with a guard assigned to protect it and the manager before tearing the head off the life-size statue.

Well they can atleast fire the guard protecting Hitler after this incident.

I can somehow understand the guy who did this, but in the end he should have found another way to voice his discontent.

Oh well, they can always screw the head back on.

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 12:51 PM
link   
GOOD for them! It means to me that perhaps the German people LEARNED something from history.

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 01:02 PM
link   

This is supposed to be Hitler, right before he commits suicide, so it is not exactly worshipful of him.

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by lee anoma

I was contemplating whether or not such a figure should even be on display. On one hand Hitler is irrevocably bound to us by history and his actions should not be forgotten, but on the other hand is such a figure paying tribute to him?

It's a MUSEUM. A place that shows History. Are we supposed to censor history and re-write the history books? Is that moral?

It's not like this is the hollywood walk of fame that Hitler is on display in.

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by OrangeAlarmClock

It's a MUSEUM. A place that shows History. Are we supposed to censor history and re-write the history books? Is that moral?

It's not like this is the hollywood walk of fame that Hitler is on display in.

We already do rewrite history. Look at the American Civil war. You ask any citizen here what it was fought for and all of them would say to free the slaves which is not the truth. Look into a guy named Israel Bissell and tell me he didnt get screwed by history. Heck we can even use Hitler. If you even attempt to ask why he did the atrocities that he did you are told he was nuts and quit asking questions. There are a lot of nuts out there. Hell out president we have now is a nut but something causes these people to do what they do. Bush Im still trying to figure out but what about Hitler what made him snap? So yes history is censored all the time most people just dont realize it.

Remember...........

[edit on 5-7-2008 by mybigunit]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join