It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jalapeños Probed in Outbreak

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 07:47 AM
link   
You know Jack, I have been secretly happy about the tomato fiasco, it meant that when I went to my local grocery store I saw 'local' grown tomatoes for the first time in several years at a cost that was fairly acceptable.

I am not saying that I am happy people have suffered to this end, but I for one am freaked out about the trade agreements bush made while in office with S.American countries as it is a lose lose situation for both countries.

I love hot peppers, and mine although are coming along were very hard hit this year and if I need to buy some at my local grocery store to finish off the pickles and salsas, well hopefully it will be from local farmers as well.

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by ZindoDoone

This is what happens when all the water gets dammed up upstream. Oh the irony, I can't even go to a store these days without finding product of mexico stickers or other countries labeled on the produce.

I try to buy locally grown whenever possible.
Even organic produce from out of the U.S. makes me weary. I always wondered who oversees and regulates the "organic" part especially if you can sell for a premium.

Business as usual I guess.

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by TKainZero

"its only in the last 20 years that we have eliminated the American workers, and bring in the filth from the south... "

Yes folks racism is still alive and well in America.

Hey guy why don't you drop what your doing and go work in a field.
I won't presume to know that you may have never worked a 14 hour day in your life, but I find that most people who talk trash about manual labor and show no respect for it have very pretty hands and whine alot.

<< 1   >>

join