It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

strange storm - aliens?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 06:41 AM
link   
It happened on Thursday 3rd. I was at school and we were in a biology lesson. The blinds had been pulled over the windows because we were watching a video. I heard a noise outside, and realised that it was the noise of torrential rain, when a few minutes before it had been sunny and dry. A few minutes after the rain started. There was one clap of thunder. Just one. It was directly above us and was deafening. A few minutes later the rain stopped. After the lesson was over me and my friend took a shortcut across the field to get out of school. We found a dead bird ripped open. About a metre and a half away, we found its head. This wasn't normal. It certainly wasn't a cat. The next morning we went back to look for it, and it was gone.

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 06:44 AM
link   
Welcome to my world
Irish weather is like, torrential rain for 5 minutes every hour and every other 55 minutes the sun is splitting the stones
Not that abnormal
As for the bird, more than likley was a cat or somthing
And it probably wasnt there when you came back because somthing ate it

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 07:01 AM
link   
reply to post by omg aliens are so real

Seems like pretty normal UK weather to be honest. If you think that's bad you should see what Scotland's like, pretty much that but every day.
The bird mutilation seems pretty weird though, did it look as if the head had been cut clean off? Or was it like, as you said, just ripped off?
I've heard about a lot of strange things that have happened around Yorkshire. Have you ever seen that stone in the Yorkshire Moors?

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 07:10 AM
link   
Unlike Ireland perhaps, torrential rain suddenly starting for five minutes doesn't usually happen. And as i said, there was no way it could have been a cat. The bird had been ripped open, and its head was over a metre away! I dont know whether it was ripped or cut clean off because i didn't really want to look at it too much. But if a cat had killed it it would surely have eaten it when it killed it, and wouldnt have ripped it open, pulled its head off and dragged it over a metre away, then just left it. And if something else had eaten it, there would be bones left, and it surely wouldnt have eaten the head.

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Well I don't know if you've ever seen a cat with a bird but it actually 'plays' with it which means it kind of tosses it about. Anyway I don't know if your connecting the bird to an alien experiment or a part of the alien storm but I doubt a much more advanced civilization would take much interest in a bird and if it did, like a lot of other mutilation cases, there wouldv'e been clear cuts not just rips.
Also if something else had eaten it then im guessing it would've been crows pecking away at the eyes etc. and probably nibbling away at it.
Nevertheless good thread and I gave you a star anyway.

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Rain can appear seemingly out of nowhere, just last week we got 22mm in 15 minutes, was VERY heavy, I've never seen rain like that outside of tropical areas.

With the bird, maybe it was one of the kids at your school, as horrible as it sounds, theres some kids out there that will do that to defenseless animals just for kicks.

[edit on 5-7-2008 by Chadwickus]

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 07:44 AM
link   
"torrential rain suddenly starting for five minutes doesn't usually happen"
Yes it does anywhere in the world sudden downpour then stopping is normal.
"And as i said, there was no way it could have been a cat."
How could you say there is no WAY it could have been a cat?How on earth could you arrive at that naive conclusion?I think you're just being silly.

[edit on 5-7-2008 by Being_From_Earth]

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Your username says a lot about you. If you are constantly on the lookout for something you will find it everywhere. Hell, maybe that gust of wind that hit you last week might have been the trail of a UFO whizzing past you overhead??

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 08:01 AM
link   
The storm you experienced was a perfectly normal convection shower. They tend to be more common in spring than summer, but otherwise nothing unusual about it whatsoever.

Looking at the radar archives I'd say the storm probably occurred around 3pm and was in association with a trough that was pushing northwards around that time, producing a band of heavy but short lived showery rain across northern England

(and which had, incidently, produced a 10 minute spell of torrential rain here in Evesham earlier that morning)

Edit: radar for 3pm:-

[edit on 5-7-2008 by Essan]

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Essan

Agreed - nothing unusual.

As for the ripped open bird, that could well be due to the lightning strike surely? Trees explode when struck due to their sap vaporising. I have heard of incidents where birds in flight have literally fallen out of the sky like a stone after a lightning strike. If it disappeared afterwards, it was probably scavenged by something, or if it was on school property, perhaps an adult found it and disposed of it.

top topics

join