It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Film of Zimbabwe 'vote-rigging'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 04:53 AM
link   

Film of Zimbabwe 'vote-rigging'

news.bbc.co.uk

New evidence of vote-rigging in last month's presidential election in Zimbabwe has emerged in the form of a secret film made by a prison guard.

The guard, Shepherd Yuda, filmed the vote-rigging at his jail in a production for Guardian Films.

Prison officers, including Mr Yuda, who has now fled Zimbabwe, were forced to vote for President Robert Mugabe by superior officers.

The officers organised a postal ballot and stood over them as they cast votes.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 04:53 AM
link   
This is terrorism.

This is the type of people that the war should be focussed upon, not millions of innocent people.

The free people of Zimbabwe deserve the downfall of such a dictator and terrorist as this Mr. Mugabe clearly is.

If the West are ever in the wrong place at the wrong time, then this is most assuredly one of those times.

Why oh why is the global community at large 'umming and ahhing' over what to do with an obvious criminal against humanity and freedom.

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 05:36 AM
link   
Hello, I live in South Africa and yes, the situation in zimbabwe is terrible. The problem is that Mgabe's opposition Morgan Shwangarai isn't that great either. There has even been speculation that he has been bought out of the elections. Also there is evidence that he sits and eats steaks every night while the people in Zimbabwe suffer. Fact is that Mgabe is going to keep rigging the votes unless something is done. Also he probably isn't going to get killed anytime soon as he has a whole army protecting him. Thabo Mbeki's denial of the situation has not been helping much either.

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 05:52 AM
link   
yeah its awful that there is so much corruption in Zimbabwe and that Mugabe has been at power for such a long time.

I hope there will be something done about it soon, though without natural resources I don't think that will happen

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 06:30 AM
link   
Update: I just read Levy Mwanawasa, The president of Zambia died after getting unwell at a convention in Egypt and died in hospital at age 59 .

he was against Mugabe too and leader of the Southern African Development Community, fought corruption in his own country and became re-elected after 5 years.

I don't believe in chance and that's why I am here...

R.I.P mr Mwanawasa.

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Zimbabwe is a puppet for China/Russia troops for WWIII

The absolute reality of this entire situation is that Mugabe is the puppet backed by China and Russia. Just like the Libyan oil buyout by Russia, Zimbabwe gives Russia and China a foothold amongst the oilfields of Africa. Both of these world powers(China and Russia) know oil drives tanks and moves civilizations, and the person whom is in control of oil makes the rules. We can see wold powers rushing to take control of these assets including the US(Iran, Afghanistan, Iraq). Mugabe will be the launching point for the conquering of the African continent's oil resources. Lets be honest here and just admit that European efforts to oust Mugabe are because they know this very fact. The rejection of sanctions in the G8 forum is China and Russia admitting their global aims, and being so painfully open about it that WWIII must be coming soon.

new topics

top topics

join