It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

4th of July - Clifton, NJ stadium - red glow (ufo?)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 03:19 AM
link   
i went to see the fireworks display at the Clifton, NJ stadium. after the fireworks me and my friend were walking back away from the stadium, i looked into the sky and saw a glowing red light. it looked like a very bright planet Mars. the weather was overcast and raining lightly. no stars were visible.

the reason i am sure this was not fireworks in the sky is because the red glowing light did not move at all. it remained stationary the whole time we observed it. we watched it for about 30 seconds trying to see what it was.. then i started to get my video camera out of the case.. by time i could get it in the view finder, it disappeared. i have a few seconds on tape but it's just an out of focus red light in a black sky.. the whole thing lasted somewhere around a minute. i captured nothing in the video worthy of being analyzed. im a little pissed that i forgot i had my 55mw laser that i could have tried to signal it with.
this is the first anomaly i've ever seen in the sky. there were hundreds of people around that either did not see it or they did not care to look at it. i had my camera pointed at it but nobody seemed to notice.

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by v1.01

I was at a friends cabin with 25 other adults and children and we saw several moving glowing red objects in the sky. We, at the time thought they were meteors and/or a meteor shower but it didn't shower 'down', but across the sky and the lake we were at. Actually when they got over to the other side of the lake they seemed to hover there until no longer visible.

While waiting for more from the same direction we saw a bright white light what I thought at first was a shooting star, but it also was moving across the sky, I figured it was then a plane possible a plane chasing the what ever the glowing things were. Because it never dimmed out.

Anybody in Hale, Michigan see the same thing. Because I looked in all the local papers, watched the news and have been searching online for hours and hours, trying to make sense of this all. July 4, 2008 at 10:30 - 11 pm the night was clear.

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 03:48 PM
link   
here's the footage i captured of the glowing light.. it plays once normal speed then in slow motion... all u can see is just a little glow.. anyway.. it's better then nothing i suppose.

[edit on 6-7-2008 by v1.01]

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Have you ever seen a signal flare before? It sounds like it could have been a flare... they tend to go up in the air like that and hover in place for about a minute.

It's illegal to shoot them off when it's not an emergency, but some people use them as makeshift fireworks on July 1st/4th anyway.

See for comparison:

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Yarcofin

i just watched a few different videos of signal flares. what me and my friend saw was not that.
the best description i can think of is.. take Mars and make it 3 or 4 times brighter and place it under the clouds so that it's visible.. the object did not move at all for around a minute, just like a star or planet.. then it disappeared..

my friend who is a huge sceptic was not so shocked at seeing it.. but then when it disappeared he was shocked.. he said "that's even worse then the fact that it was there.. it just disappeared"

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by v1.01

I guess here they come again

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Minnesotawreckingcrew

that's a possibility i suppose.. but, it would seem that if it was one of those sky lanterns, it would have moved atleast a little.. in the minutes time that we observed it.. it was even raining lightly.. i would think the rain would have effected a sky lantern.. but i guess it is possible?

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Hot Air Balloon!!! Seriously.....

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 08:14 PM
link   
What stadium were you viewing the fireworks from? Was it the school stadium by Memorial Park (the one with the tank)?

[edit on 6-7-2008 by Turiddu]

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Turiddu

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

Wow, In Bay City MI on July 5th 2008 at our firework festival before the events of the firewroks going off at 10:15 pm Between 9:30 to 10:00pm my friends saw 3 glowing red objects in the sky. First 1 was moving then it turned into a dark object that was bigger then what they saw with the red glow. The 2nd one came and was around and disappeared. the 3rd came in site and disapeared. The black object in the sky was hoovering and it started to move slowly in the sky. So here it is, It was a red glow that had turned into a dark craft and was noticed and seemed to be following the crowd.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Minnesotawreckingcrew
reply to post by v1.01

I guess here they come again

my friend who saw it too read this thread and now thinks it was a sky lantern.. i think there's no way it was... but he's looking to explain it away.. if it was a sky lantern it would have moved.... anyway.. thats all i wanted to say.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Would love to know your location - i was in Commerce township michigan on july 4th 2008 and i saw it as well -- what was that --- everyone with me saw it it was round red and glowing orange .... it was moving west anyone have more info

hiddenearthangel at yahoo.com

why didn't the press cover this?

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 11:44 PM
link   

yes, we were on long lake and saw the same thing friday and saturday (same time both nights).

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 04:10 PM
link   

dude you should have seen the ones that came through on the 5th they were even lower to the ground and there was two of them within a short distance apart and they were cruizin along. We couldn't figure out what they were. On the 4th we all saw it first but it seemed like there was only one at the time and it was flying spiratically but up alot higher and stayed around alot longer. On the 5th they just went right on through went over the corner of the lake and they were gone. None of us could figure out what these big glowing balls were-trippy huh! But I did see two shooting stars on the 4th around 11 pm and then on the 5th around 11:15-11:30 there was an awsome shooting star that was lit up for a substantial amount of time-Melis

new topics

top topics

join