It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US 'planned to test nerve gas on diggers'

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by TruthTellist

I was merely answering your post with some obvious facts, something, it seems, you have a problem accepting.

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Double post.

[edit on 6-7-2008 by Chadwickus]

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Seems like Aussies are always getting the shaft when it comes to chemical weapons tests. I took a 2 week course when I was in the Army about NBC defense. It was a course offered to non-chemical corps MOS that would give that person the abillity to help out the units dedicated NBC NCO. The emphasis was on detection, decon, and mapping contaminated areas, but there were some other stuff like videos we watched. I specifically remember the Aussies being the subject of mustard gas exposure tests. Most of the other videos we watched were animal tests. The only other human tests we saw footage of were a UK platoon in the woods hit with a psychological agent ('___') and an American E-7 hit with another psychological agent running an obstacle course before and after being hit with BZ. Man, Aussies really get the crap when it comes to being human guinea pigs.

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by TruthTellist
The Americans would never do such a thing.

And if they did, it would be an act of war - And Australia didn't declare war on America. That and the fact that Governments would never spray anyone with poison (or anything else for that matter)and have no history of ever doing such a thing; this completely and totally debunks this ridiculous accusation.

No photos? No DNA tests? no chemical analysis? No soil samples? just hearsay. No proof.

You obviously didnt read the article which explains how the entire thing was discovered, did you?

Thats proof enough for me

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 05:15 PM
link   

The OP was accusing America of attacking Australians with Chemical Agents - don't you think that he should at least back it up with actual evidence and not just an anecdotal tales?

No soil samples, no DNA testing, no documentation, no chemical analysis - just hearsay.

[edit on 6-7-2008 by TruthTellist]

How can it be an attack on America? In case you didnt notice its a news article, and it states that this was discovered through goverment documentation

Sheesh, does anyone ever read anything anymore

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by TruthTellist

Agent Orange

I either misunderstood delivery of a sarcastic joke, or are you just so ignorant of known facts that it is scary.

[edit on 6/7/08 by GBBumblebee]

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 08:26 AM
link   

The Americans would never do such a thing.

And if they did, it would be an act of war - And Australia didn't declare war on America. That and the fact that Governments would never spray anyone with poison (or anything else for that matter)and have no history of ever doing such a thing; this completely and totally debunks this ridiculous accusation.

No photos? No DNA tests? no chemical analysis? No soil samples? just hearsay. No proof.

Never heard of Project112/SHAD then, TruthTellist?

Project 112/SHAD Fact Sheets

During the Cold War the US, Canada, and the United Kingdom all secretly conducted numerous Chemical and Biological Warfare research experiments which involved the spraying of populated areas.

The extent of the UK's public area experiments have only come to light during the past ten years - the scale of which is quite staggering. During the years 1949-1975 (the only years for which information has been declassified) over 360 separate BW experiments were conducted in populated areas of the UK. Many of these experiments were of a massive scale - often contaminating a target area of 10,000 square miles.

If you want to know more, check out the following UK television broadcasts which broke the story.

Top Secrets Revealed Episode 1
23 Mins google video

Top Secrets Revealed Programme 2
23 mins google video

zero lift

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 07:50 AM
link   
This means that US did the same thing that they went in Iraq to take down a dictator for!

So US has proven they will use WMD time after time, and is now to be compared with the countries of the Axis of Evil. I think its about UN stepped in and took control over US like they are trying in Iraq.

Best regards

Loke.

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by resistancia
I am extremely peed off that this could be true.

How dare the US military even think that they could use our men an women as guinea pigs to test their deadly concoctions? WTF

I do NOT want Australia allied with these evil cretins.

That post is a bit disturbing to me. Although the following post of mine is a general response to the entire thread, I feel the need to highlight that remarkable piece of one-way finger-pointing as a prime example of what happens when we forget to deny ignorance.

If you are to say that our current nation is still the "evil cretins" because of some plans that were hatched in the 60's, and cry out that you don't want to be our allies, then perhaps you should also be denouncing any alliance with yourselves. It was a two-way plan, considered by the governments of both our countries, and therefor both must be implicated as the "evil cretins" if your logic is to be even remotely sound.

"The idea that we could actually… that the Australians could countenance such an activity is …unacceptable," University of NSW toxicologist Professor Chris Winder said.

So, did the Australian government have a role in the planning, also?

In early 1963 a survey team of Australian and US scientists reviewed sites in Australia for chemical warfare tests,

It sounds like they at least contributed some scientists to planning the idea.

but, as former senior Prime Ministerial policy advisor Peter Bailey recalls: "I heard that many times in Cabinet meetings that if they weren’t pretty good and pretty faithful to the Americans we would be dumped.

They were thinking about letting their soldiers be gassed just to suck up to the U.S. Government?

"To understand that Australia was still prepared to consider this proposal because of its relationship with the US I think needs proper examination," Senator Allison told the program.

I agree. It might have been the U.S.'s idea to begin with. That would make the U.S. government of the 1960's evil as all get-out. But before you guys sit there and point fingers at the U.S. like we're the only bad guys on the planet (although that's a staple pasttime here at ATS,) perhaps you should remember it "takes two to tango," and wonder why your own government in the 60's was considering doing the exact same thing.

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 12:12 PM
link   
First off it was a plan, did it happen nope just a plan, key word "plan"

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by mattifikation

*snip* It might have been the U.S.'s idea to begin with. That would make the U.S. government of the 1960's evil as all get-out. But before you guys sit there and point fingers at the U.S. like we're the only bad guys on the planet (although that's a staple pasttime here at ATS,) perhaps you should remember it "takes two to tango," and wonder why your own government in the 60's was considering doing the exact same thing.

To put it in context, at the time the Australian Government were hoping to be invited to join a rather exclusive chemical and biological warfare 'club' - The Technical Co-operation Program (TCCP). The members of this 'club', the US, the UK and Canada, had since the start of the Cold War shared all research relevant to CBW.

This research had led to the standardization of many types of chemical and biological warfare agents. In order to prevent the duplication of CBW research, all three countries met at the annual Tripartite Agreement on Toxicological and Flame Warfare conference where, in order to prevent duplication of research, they each agreed to concentrate on one single part of a particluar CBW problem.

For instance, after a political decision in 1957, the UK left the physical production of BW agents to the US, while Britain concentrated on the operational methods for the use of CBW, such as the development of the Large Area Coverage (LAC) CBW concept. Canada was also very involved in the latter, mainly due to the fact that they could offer large tracts of land for CBW testing. Another example of the Agreement in operation is the fact that, under the Tripartite agreement, the UK produced much of the CS agent which was so extensively used by the US in Vietnam.

By the early 1960s, the Australian Government indicated that they also wished to join the Tripartite 'club', something which they achieved in 1964 with the signing of the Quadripartite Agreement. In 1965, Australia formally joined the TCCP.

So it may have been that part of McNamara's request, to expose Aussie troops to nerve agents, may have been a test to see how committed the Australian Government were to getting their hands dirty with CBW research.

It's also highly likely that the US saw the Australian rainforest as an ideal testing ground, just in case it was decided to use CBW munitions in the highly forested areas of Vietnam.

zero lift

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Interesting. I wonder if one day Obama's "crazy" pastor is proven to be correct about the US inventing aids. Wouldn't surprise me one bit but I'm willing to agree it's not true until there is evidence, it just wouldn't surprise me.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 05:19 AM
link   
reply to post by mattifikation

The US government and military (not the populace) were evil cretins then, as they are now and yes...you should be very disturbed.

I do have to like being allied to the US but I have to accept it because at the end of the day the US is calling the shots right ???

[edit on 10-7-2008 by resistancia]

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by resistancia

Hey, at least we like you Aussies. Nobody here who reads something like this is going to be okay with it. Just be glad we aren't France - now there's a fair weather friend.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by OzWeatherman

I cant believe this, I am absolutely appalled at how we were being treated at this time, and to think we actually went to fight a war along side these *snip*

Grrrrr

Whats everyones thoughts on this?

news.ninemsn.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 7/5/2008 by JacKatMtn]

Get mad man, get everyone mad. We "the USA" are going to need your government and the others around the world to reset our dang government. You people shoot a few nukes at us so we can revolt lol.

The more people get mad at our government the better, Im hoping Russia gives us a hand in the revolution.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join