It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US 'planned to test nerve gas on diggers'

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Damocles
im just wondering if anyone read the part about it being during the cold war? its likely that all of the people responsible for this plan have long since retired.

i would never try to defend their actions in any way...chem/bio was my primary field in the army for 12 years so i KNOW how bad these agents are. (ive actually done live agent training where i was in a building filled with both VX and Sarin...scary stuff)

but i ask, should we be held accountable for the sins of our fathers?

i do look forward to the day when not only do i not have to feel the need to apologize for my govt, but also when i can once again be as proud of my government as i am of my nation.

sadly i dont feel that day is coming any time soon.

I for one would not blame the nation........It is always the hidden
govt IMO.

And bear this in mind.... OUR govt was concidering it , unthinkable as that may sound

Cheers

Mungo

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Damocles

I personally don't expect an apology from the US on anything - on the issue of the US shooting down a civilian Iranian passenger plane in '88 for instance, Bush Senior said this:

"I'll never apologize for the United States of America. Ever, I don't care what the facts are."

We shouldn't blame American citizens for this gun-ho rhetoric that is always streaming from the US government - I just don't think it would ever have the gumption to admit to doing any wrong.

This incident was during the Cold War - the 'Red Terror' was all the rave. Even Australian intelligence agencies had files on over 10,000 people it marked as 'communist sympathizers' that they would round up in the event that a conflict involving the Soviets broke out.

Now we just have the war on terror instead - anyone with a hijab can be a suspect, so I guess it makes their work a little easier, depending on the perspective.

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 08:22 PM
link   
On behalf of the U.S. government I apologize to citizens of Australia.

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by ObamaMomma

Accepted, no harm done.

Or so its been alleged.

Cheers

Mungo

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Pellevoisin

China? The country which executes more people than all other combined. Whose people have zero say in what their government does, and are shot at when they protest? Worst idea ever.

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 10:04 PM
link   
I am extremely peed off that this could be true.

How dare the US military even think that they could use our men an women as guinea pigs to test their deadly concoctions? WTF

The US military and government has never had, nor still does, have anything resembling a conscience when it comes to exploiting people....even their own citizens.

I do NOT want Australia allied with these evil cretins.

I do NOT want AUstralia allied with China either.

As for the Harold Holt disappearance...well it really is all about convenience.

And at the end of the day, was any of this fatal gas used anybody, perhaps not even on Aussie soil ? The US probably used it on some poor little island in the Pacific that could not defend itself or understand what the bloody hell was going on. Good onyer Uncle Sam...you farquing suck

Bunch of friggin hypocrites

[edit on 5-7-2008 by resistancia]

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 10:06 PM
link   
When I read that article last night initially I was angry, then I realised that if a US government can crap all over its own citizens then it must have no compunction to do even worse things to others like its own Allies.

Im not mad at the US as I am more than confident we have an enemy far more insidious than any "Anti Christ" could pose to the World and its People. This enemy of mankind is an idea held by the US military Planners that they can enjoy a 100 Year hegemony on world power by subjecting its own Citizens and the rest of the world to inhumane and illegal suffering.

This enemy was beaten once before just before it took over half the world and its called Fascism......the reason its so strong now is due to the massive wealth and power corporations have regains since WW2. These Super Companies control everything and must be restricted to prevent another genocide from happening again.

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by mazzroth

You are very insightful and I happen to agree with you.

I do not hold citizens of the US responsible, they are unfortunate pawns like the rest of us

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 10:50 PM
link   
When folks speak of "Nerve Gas" (Sarin, Soman, Tabun, VX, VZ etc.) being stored it makes a BIG difference if it is complete, ready to use "Nerve Gas" or "Nerve Gas" stored as Isopropyl Alcohol and a FlouroPhosphate compound that have to be mixed and then form "Nerve Gas" (a misnomer because it is a liquid in air aerosol).
I first heard of binary "Nerve Gas" in the John Lange (Michael Criton pen name) novel "Binary" in the late 1960's, or early 1970's.

Was this plan to use "Nerve Gas" a plan for actual use or a paper war game exercise? In the past there have been some mighty strange war games senarios over the years. In the 1980's and 1990's two parties Canadian and American at seperate times uncovered the two halves of the paperwork for a paper wargame from the 1920's or 1930's that had British and Canadian troops wheeling across the Dakotas and Minnesota in a push to capture Minneapolis-St. Paul, and American troops wheeling across the Canadian praire to capture Winapeg, Manatoba.

I would keep this in mind when looking at anything from the "Cold War" era.

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 02:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by ObamaMomma

Lol, you shouldnt have to apologise unless you were involved in it

Its the thought that counts though

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 05:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Pellevoisin

No its not its the release of classified documents
through the Freedom Of Information Act.

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 06:44 AM
link   
Ok well i did some research and came across this..

Operation "Blowdown"

Possible Nuclear Airburst Over Qld Australia In 1963.

"A nuclear bomb may have been detonated in the air over a Queensland rainforest at the height of the Cold War.

Declassified documents show that Britain, the United States and Australia set off a 50-tonne bomb in the rainforest at Iron Range, in north Queensland, in 1963.

It was part of a secret military experiment codenamed Operation Blowdown.

The bomb was 25 times more powerful than the Oklahoma City bombing in 1995, which killed 168 people.

Its detonation was designed to test how the rainforest would react to the
blast. While the Australian documents describe the blast as testing the effect of a nuclear explosion, the British Government says it was a conventional bomb designed to simulate an air-detonated nuclear device. The bomb was made of TNT and detonated close to the ground to simulate the effects of a 10-kilotonne nuclear explosion in the air."

Im a bit confused
is this something completely different or is the "cover story" that the Americans pushed?

[edit on 24/12/2007 by JDN24]

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 08:26 AM
link   
"A nuclear bomb may have been detonated in the air over a Queensland rainforest at the height of the Cold War.

Declassified documents show that Britain, the United States and Australia set off a 50-tonne bomb in the rainforest at Iron Range, in north Queensland, in 1963.

Its detonation was designed to test how the rainforest would react to the
blast. While the Australian documents describe the blast as testing the effect of a nuclear explosion, the British Government says it was a conventional bomb designed to simulate an air-detonated nuclear device. The bomb was made of TNT and detonated close to the ground to simulate the effects of a 10-kilotonne nuclear explosion in the air."

Two points come to mind here.
Firstly, a conventional TNT explosive would not simulate a nuclear explosion in so far as observing the effects of a nuclear blast on a rainforest. It would flatten, but not supply the radiation they wished to observe the efects of.
Secondly. I'm fairly certain that Iron Range is not a restricted area to humans like Maralinga is. Assuming they did in fact use a nuke, just what danger are we still being subjected to?

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman

I think you should perhaps study and research many topics such as this, as insane as they sound. Afterall we all want the truth, and to be a loving co-existing planet dwelling species.

Love everything

Z

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 08:45 AM
link   
The Americans would never do such a thing.

And if they did, it would be an act of war - And Australia didn't declare war on America. That and the fact that Governments would never spray anyone with poison (or anything else for that matter)and have no history of ever doing such a thing; this completely and totally debunks this ridiculous accusation.

No photos? No DNA tests? no chemical analysis? No soil samples? just hearsay. No proof.

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by TruthTellist

You really must be joking to think that the Government would not spray chemicals on it's people to test new things

The American Government don't give a sh** about it's own people why would they care about some Aussies?

[edit on 6-7-2008 by duffster]

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by TruthTellist
The Americans would never do such a thing.

And if they did, it would be an act of war - And Australia didn't declare war on America. That and the fact that Governments would never spray anyone with poison (or anything else for that matter)and have no history of ever doing such a thing; this completely and totally debunks this ridiculous accusation.

No photos? No DNA tests? no chemical analysis? No soil samples? just hearsay. No proof.

I hope to GOD you are being sarcastic...

Remember a little product called DDT???

Heres a couple of links for you to read if you can manage to pull the head out of your arse:

en.wikipedia.org...

www.whale.to...

Oh and a couple of pics, just in case reading is tough for you:

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Appalling but not surprising. The USA gov has done much worse to our own. Done mind you, not just planned. The timing of the release of this info is interesting to me. It seems to me that the worlds opinion of the USA is being brought ever lower. Perhaps in preparation for our destruction?

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

Delousing powder and Air Freshener - is that the best you could come up with?

Why are you so slanderous? Am I not allowed to state the facts?

The OP was accusing America of attacking Australians with Chemical Agents - don't you think that he should at least back it up with actual evidence and not just an anecdotal tales?

No soil samples, no DNA testing, no documentation, no chemical analysis - just hearsay.

[edit on 6-7-2008 by TruthTellist]

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 09:33 AM
link   
I actually feel certain that there is no action too appalling for a government to consider. And not just the US, but any government in the world.

Leaders lose touch with the people, they start to believe themselves better, above law and morals. They see themselves as fledgling gods and everyone else mere mortals.

Which is worse, that the US asked to do this, or the Aussie government that said no but never bothered to mention the fact to anyone for decades?

"Say Joe, I have this new shotgun and I want to see if the sights are right on. How about I shoot your dog?"

"Not likely Bill, that's my dog and if anybody shoots it, it'll be me."

And nobody even considers telling Old Yeller about the neighborly discussion.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join