It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US 'planned to test nerve gas on diggers'

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 03:10 AM
link   

US 'planned to test nerve gas on diggers'

news.ninemsn.com.au

Top secret US military plans to test deadly nerve gas by dropping it on soldiers in a remote Queensland rainforest during the Cold War have been uncovered in Australian Government archives.

Newly declassified Australian Defence Department and Prime Minister’s office files show that the United States was strongly pushing the Government for tests on Australian soil of two of the most deadly chemical weapons ever developed, VX and GB — better known as Sarin — nerve gas
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 03:10 AM
link   
I cant believe this, I am absolutely appalled at how we were being treated at this time, and to think we actually went to fight a war along side these *snip*

Grrrrr

Whats everyones thoughts on this?

news.ninemsn.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 7/5/2008 by JacKatMtn]

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 03:19 AM
link   
Hey guy for one calm down ok. It is not my fault that my government supposedly was trying to gas your people, so please don't say things like

OzWeatherman
And to think we actually went to fight a war along side these *snip*

I am not an *snip* so how dare you say I am one or imply it. Your statement is to blanket for my likeing.

Now as for the issue at hand I would like to say if this is indeed true and not placed to make my government to look worse than it already does. It is appalling to me if it is true

[edit on 5-7-2008 by SPC_D]

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 03:22 AM
link   
reply to post by SPC_D

I had a British guy call me a stupid american monkey today for voting Bush into office.

I didn't vote for Bush though.

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 03:33 AM
link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman

Starred and flagged my friend. The Sunday show will be interesting tomorrow...

At first I thought this sensationalism by some whack news outlet, but I'll be very very interested to see the legitimacy of the report.

I'm somewhat flabbergasted. As absurd as it sounds, luckily we had an independent government at the time to stop it!

There was a thread earlier about who Australia should align itself with - the US or China. A swap may be in order.

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 03:39 AM
link   
reply to post by OrangeAlarmClock

Like its our faults as a whole any way we voted gore in to office but some how bush still wone...Oh thats right our votes don't count for anything I allmost forgot.

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 04:05 AM
link   
Can't say I'm surprised by this revelation, are you? I mean the US tests all manner of filth on its own all the time. At least nerve gas aint as bad as the Poms testing nukes on the diggers (and natives) out at Maralinga. Maralinga Nuke Tests

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 04:20 AM
link   
As the years go by, more and more of these issues see the light of day.
Of course there are those in power that will condemn the actions of previous governments but they too are part of the cover up of past misdeeds, protecting those who carried out and authorised the tests.
It really does show the utter contempt that those who supposedly lead and represent us feel towards the population. Ok, many in the political leadership are unaware of these issues but they empower those who do the most harm.

Tests carried out on sections of the population have been going on for decades, both domestically and abroad.

We are always told how evil our supposed enemies are but they pale in comparison to our own domestic nut-jobs.

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by SPC_D
Hey guy for one calm down ok. It is not my fault that my government supposedly was trying to gas your people
I am not an *snip* so how dare you say I am one or imply it. Your statement is to blanket for my likeing.

Where did I say you were an *snip*? I implied that our miltary fought along side the American miltary, implying my government worked with your government, in a couple of wars. Unlike some I dont believe in bashing the citizens of another country for something they were not responsible for. I have never done it and never will. So please read a bit more carefully

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Firstly Oz apologies for reposting this... didn't see this one,
and am not suprised you beat me to the punch.

This is APPALLING !

As you said Oz, we fight shoulder to shoulder with the US military, and this is how they would repay their allies?

Its grounds for closing ALL US bases on our soil and expelling the ground forces until full disclosure is made.

Where DID they test these agents, and on who?

Cheers

Mungo

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 05:19 PM
link   

In 1983, an Australian fishing trawler snagged a one-ton steel container of mustard agent dumped off the coast of Cape Moreton in Australia by the United States and pulled it to shore, according to a 2003 Australian government report. No one was injured.

read more: www.coastalpost.com...

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 05:33 PM
link   
I just rang my octogenarian father to get him to watch the show...

He said to me that its curious that the then Prime Minister Harold Holt
disappeared during a early morning swim at Portsea beach, and that he recalls
there was strong rumour at the time the CIA was involved.

Just gets curiouser and curiouser.

Mungo

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 05:50 PM
link   
I've written elsewhere but it is worth repeating here on this thread, that we will see more reports like this released in the future -- some will be as horrible as this one, some may be alleged, some will be untrue. But they are all part of a calculated manipulation of the Australian public.

The purpose is to convince Australians that they should not be in a USAmerican sphere of influence, and that it is better instead to be in the PRChinese sphere.

Again this is all calculated globalist manipulation.

[edit on 5/7/08 by Pellevoisin]

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by mungodave

Its grounds for closing ALL US bases on our soil and expelling the ground forces until full disclosure is made.

It most certainly is grounds for closing and ejecting the US forces. I expect that will happen during the next four years as the tide of public opinion turns with great force.

Would that USAmericans would similarly expel every member of their government and shut down the CIA once and for all.

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Firstly Oz apologies for reposting this... didn't see this one,
and am not suprised you beat me to the punch.

Apology accepted, lol.....nah its ok, Im usually the last to know about things like these

Mungo

I am not sure if they actually used the chemicals on our soldiers or if there were only plans too. We are supposed to assist our allies, not test weapons on them

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by OzWeatherman

Mungo

I am not sure if they actually used the chemicals on our soldiers or if there were only plans too. We are supposed to assist our allies, not test weapons on them

But somehow I dont think the US would have said...
" Oh ok, sorry, we will immediately shelve our plans,
it is a ridiculous notion , perhaps we had a little brain fade"

No , I think if these agents weren't tested on us, then they were tested on someone else.

Just my opinion of course.

Cheers

Mungo

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 07:02 PM
link   

[
But somehow I dont think the US would have said...
" Oh ok, sorry, we will immediately shelve our plans,
it is a ridiculous notion , perhaps we had a little brain fade"

No , I think if these agents weren't tested on us, then they were tested on someone else.

Just my opinion of course.

Cheers

Mungo

Yeah, its to bad that we dont have full access to view what is said in the files. I am sure their would be some interesting information in there

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Starred and flagged.

I couldn't believe the report when I heard it this morning (well... actually I could).

And as Mungodave pointed out, this sheds a whole new light on the "disappearance" of our Prime Minister Harold Holt.

I wonder who got the tests after us?

[edit on 5/7/08 by GBBumblebee]

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 07:14 PM
link   
What's amazing also is that former PM John Howard spouted that Saddam had all of those chemical weapons that justified our going to war in Iraq. Bush mentioned on numerous occasions that 'these chemical agents' shouldn't be used by anyone - well I wonder where Saddam got his stock from. Clearly they bought them from the US during the Iraq-Iran war.

It's just ironic that we committed our forces to the Iraq war, when just 40 years ago, the US could've been dropping the very same stuff in our own country.

I really hope the rest of those files see the light of day - so much for transparency in government.

[edit on 5-7-2008 by mattguy404]

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 07:16 PM
link   
im just wondering if anyone read the part about it being during the cold war? its likely that all of the people responsible for this plan have long since retired.

i would never try to defend their actions in any way...chem/bio was my primary field in the army for 12 years so i KNOW how bad these agents are. (ive actually done live agent training where i was in a building filled with both VX and Sarin...scary stuff)

but i ask, should we be held accountable for the sins of our fathers?

i do look forward to the day when not only do i not have to feel the need to apologize for my govt, but also when i can once again be as proud of my government as i am of my nation.

sadly i dont feel that day is coming any time soon.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join