It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is it just me that finds Obama creepy?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Darkpraetorian

I don’t find him creepy at all. I’ve read through his policies and watched him in several interviews, although no one running for president will accomplish everything they promise or hope for (it is not possible, but then again someone running for president must appear like they can do the impossible because you have to please everyone) I doubt he could screw this country up as much as the Republicans have. I don’t think he is completely different from the older, “slick” politicians, but the same can be said for McCain and his supposed “straight talk express” that would rather call Obama a flip-flopper than discuss the issues. Every politician is flawed and tends to put themselves and their stance on a pedestal. This is my only problem with Obama, but I can not blame him because we the people have created and enforced a system where his supposed “new form of politics” and “honest campaigning” can not exist.

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by homo_borg
I like Obama. I want him to win just because. He's quite good looking, too. And very charismatic.

very good reasons for choosing the man to lead this country
. bravo for being among the popular majority of americans.

i am livid at this type of attitude. i don't understand it and furthmore, i don't want to.

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 10:02 PM
link   
I think he is creepy. I think the picture of him and his mother is fake, and I have no clue why it would have been. I think that there are serious questions about his birth certificate, which he has yet to produce. I think he has dead eyes. I will not vote for him. I also did not appreciate his attack on Dr. James Dobson. As far as McCain goes, his wife has bird lips, ugly hair and seriously needs a stylist. I will probably vote for Ron Paul. I still believe Clinton will be president, unfortunately. At this point, with our monetary system in dire straights, I think we should have 5 presidents who rotate in and out. We need all the help we can get. My God have mercy on us all.

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Physically, he's tall, slender, and good looking, in my opinion. He does have dark brown eyes, but I see nothing "dead" in them at all, quite the opposite.

What I find creepy is John McCain's short arms, weird in an oompa loompa kind of way. Also, the way he smiled when he wants an applause during his speeches...watch him next time, you'll see what I mean.

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Well, I agree with you, he does give me a creepy impression. But all the other western leaders do too.

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 11:03 PM
link   
WAKE UP PEOPLE! The sleeping giants is what is scary to me........! Oh he's so good looking,He is so charasmatic[as long as he has a feed to read) I should wear him on my feet as flip flops! OMG the anonoited one is here to save us!Phrase be to all the converted muslims.

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Honestly I don't think at this time it is good to have a Muslim in presidency and the other reason is because hes black. Now I'm not racist but think of all the people that are. I'm just guesstimating here but i think 1 out of every 3 Americans are racist. With that many racist people hes bound to get assassinated. My only problem with him is that hes not patriotic towards the USA. In the line of work he wants to get into, you NEED to be patriotic. I understand its against his religion to be patriotic or something like that but being a president calls for it. And also I think his religion would get in the way. I mean if you think about it a General could walk in and say "Mr. President we have a national emergency!" and he could say "Not now I'm praying toward Mecca". I don't have anything against Muslims either but the Islamic religion would really get in the way of being president and it would only be seen as a weakness.

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by DocMoreau

What I would recommend is the creation of an Anti-Obama Superthread, with links to the hard work of members like Jaime83

I can add to this idea. Why not have a Pro-Obama mini-thread that links to all the threads that extol the reasons TO vote for Obama?

Let's see....

"Obama Supports Public Financing of Campaigns!" Oops.... maybe not.

"Obama Will Filibuster FISA Bills that Give Retroactive Immunity to Telecoms"... uh... maybe not that one either...

"Obama to Immediately Withdraw Troops from Iraq if Elected"... oh oh... that's probably not a good one either... let's see....

"Obama names James Johnson to Vet his VP"... hmmm.... maybe not that one either...

Anyway... I'm sure you can find some threads to link to about all the good reasons to vote for Obama. It shouldn't take long.

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Now that you mention it, I do find Obama to be very creepy.

He is just building this massive following. To his followers, he is like a messianic leader. That's mainly what creeps me out.

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by MahNameABorat
Now that you mention it, I do find Obama to be very creepy.

He is just building this massive following. To his followers, he is like a messianic leader. That's mainly what creeps me out.

You mean things like this:

"I'll do whatever he says to do," actress Halle Berry said to the Philadelphia Daily News. "I'll collect paper cups off the ground to make his pathway clear."

"During MSNBC's live coverage of Tuesday's presidential primary elections, after the speeches of Barack Obama and John McCain had aired, Chris Matthews expressed his latest over the top admiration for Obama's speaking skills as the MSNBC anchor admitted that Obama's speech created a "thrill" in his leg: "It's part of reporting this case, this election, the feeling most people get when they hear Barack Obama's speech. My, I felt this thrill going up my leg. I mean, I don't have that too often."

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 11:48 PM
link   
To heck w/Obama,the one to really pay attention to is the guy out of the spot light! Obama is a diversion,the news spin guy! What really stinks is I am fully awake living a nightmare!

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 05:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by homo_borg
Actually, I'm not an American. I don't care if your country descends into utter chaos. And who would have been the right man for the job? Clinton? McCain? Please...

Well now that some of the best news I've heard today! As for your second sentence, since you felt the need to be nasty........

www.youtube.com...

[edit on 6-7-2008 by Hugues de Payens] Typo

[edit on 6-7-2008 by Hugues de Payens] To fix vid link

[edit on 6-7-2008 by Hugues de Payens]

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by jamie83

Originally posted by DocMoreau

What I would recommend is the creation of an Anti-Obama Superthread, with links to the hard work of members like Jaime83

I can add to this idea. Why not have a Pro-Obama mini-thread that links to all the threads that extol the reasons TO vote for Obama?

Whatever you want to call it is fine, but a central source for people to drop their 'general' Obama criticisms in one place, with links to all the research that members like you have collected.

The same for McCain. That way the off-topic/odd ball stuff doesn't have to clutter up the board. But since this 'creepy' thread is already fully breathing...

You and I have been going toe to toe over this for a while. I think you are under some misunderstanding that I don't know what is going on in regards to our politicians, which I think are all creepy. I think my post in regard to your 33 threads was maybe a bit too sarcastic sounding, and I apologize for that. I honestly am very amazed at the amount of work you have done to discredit Obama. I meant my comment more out of respect to the sheer amount of posting you have accomplished in such a short time. I am sure your real life job has suffered as a result. Hopefully you don't lose your job and house as a result.

As far as I can tell, it took you a while into your thread cycle to dig into the CFR/Shadow-hand type issues in regard to Obama, that I brought up in our original confrontation. Obama's Muslim and European Monarch bloodlines play perfectly into the hands of the Elite at this crucial juncture in their plans, as does McCain's own family connections, although to a lesser degree. That is why Obama wins. That is why Hillary lost, he has more 'royal' blood than her. You tried to ridicule me back then because of the two (three then) contenders that our media machine has allowed us to support, in my opinion, Obama's public speaking abilities are more up to the task of the coming diplomacy. Honestly, the issue between you and I has more to do with your attitude towards others here at ATS, than your disdain for Obama.

The deck is fixed, and neither of the remaining, approved, candidates is free and clear of nepotism that dates back before the the creation of this nation. That is what has me creeped out. The illusion that we are free people creeps me out.

It would be interesting if you could stop answering in Strawman Riddles, answering questions with questions, and actually put your heart on your sleeve in the fight to deny ignorance. Your investigative skills could be put to good use tracking down who John McCain is giving this weird, 'creepy' handshake to. John McCain, weird 'Masonic' handshake? I found some information possibly linking that grip to something that may be called the "Brotherhood of the God of Abraham, Issac and Jacob". I am not sure how close I am. I think that figuring out who that man was might help greatly, and I think your skills are perfect for the job.

DocMoreau

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by beammeup
What really stinks is I am fully awake living a nightmare!

this is the part of reality that shakes me. i mean literally. i echo your sentiments. all avenues of hope seem to be drifting.

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Obama has the same eyes as Wesley Clark, Al Gore. You are indeed right--they are creepy.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join