It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm Proud To Be An American!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Hey all,I posted this in the faith forum because I see it as a faith to be a true patriot in your countries greatest time of need.I just got done watching a small town firework show not to long ago and I must say that I have never seen a stronger support for our country than now,even in the hard times(the display wasn't bad either,lol).I saw a small town of a little over 7000 all congregate in mass to the river bank after a town wide barbecue all day to celebrate their great countries independence.I saw this small town put on a firework display rivaling major cities.I saw patriotism all around;young,old,it didn't matter!I just want to say this before the night end of my great countries anniversary of independence from the Kingdom of Britain in 1776.Even with our problems-and yes there are MANY,we still band together to celebrate and hold dear to our hearts the very foundation of this country,and the world for that matter;Liberty and justice for all!.I say let the nay sayers bring down and bash our counrty,I say let them tell us we are done,let them tell us we are the 'new fall of Rome'.We will be EVER STRONGER and NEVER WAIVER,WE WILL NEVER EXCEPT DEFEAT AND WE WILL RISE OUT OF THIS ECONOMIC AND POLITICAL DEPRESSION LIKE A PHEONIX RISES OUT OF THE FLAMES!!!We will be all right I tell you ladies and gentlemen,the GREAT UNITED STATES OF AMERICA WILL HAVE ITS DAY YET!I have NEVER felt stronger and more patriotic than now,and more filled with hope-yes HOPE than now.The fact that we can still sit down and celebrate our nations independence free of oppression while talking openly about how bad our country has become at the same time SPEAKS VOLUMES OF OUR GREAT COUNTRY.It proves we have never been stronger,it proves we have not waivered,and most of all it proves THERE IS STILL HOPE!So I ask you ladies and gentlemen of ATS and the world;BE WITH ME,BE WITH MY COUNTRY,BE WITH OUR COUNTRY,AND BETTER YET-BE WITH FREEDOM AND A BETTER WORLD FOR ALL!Together,through non-violence(it is NOT to late) we can change things,only together.I leave you all with a great motto of this wonderful country;UNITED WE RISE,DEVIDED WE FALL!.Good night and a happy Independence Day to all!

Our flag still waves!

[edit on 7/4/2008 by jkrog08]

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 12:07 AM
link   
Our flag is rotten. We've sold out our great nation in the name of greed and your proud. I have some news for you, Pride is whats destroying the US. Thats the same pride thats destroying this world and making believers unholy even when they think they've supposedly accepted the lord into their hearts. Wake up, get down on your knees and pray for mercy like some of us because this society is directing the people strait to hell.

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 01:11 AM
link   
I'm surprised no one else has posted here, yet!
Beautiful post, except, I'm not proud. Pride is the wrong word.
I'm happy that I live here! As messed up as things have gotten, there are still those willing to pray, work and risk all for our freedom of life in this country!
And help others everywhere else!

My husbands aunt has been working on a book about life in 1940's and 50's Lawrenceville, Ga.
She read some of it to us today. It was BEAUTIFUL!
They had no cars or T.V.s, and worked in the fields at 4 years old!(Much like my own mother who grew up in west Georgia.)
We have technology and cushy lives in many ways, but, when bad times come, we can all call on our help from God and work to fix things!
Thank God for these United States!

[edit on 5-7-2008 by Clearskies]

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 01:58 AM
link   
reply to post by jkrog08

The OP does not mention the Almighty God even once.

One nation, under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.

And Ill add a little quote from the Aquarian Gosepl where Jesus speaks on unity:

There are two classes of the sons of men; they who would build the human race upon the sure foundation stones of justice, truth, equality and right, 22 And they who would destroy the holy temple where the Spirit dwells and bring their fellow man down to beggary and crime. 23 The holy brotherhood of right must stand united in the stirring conflicts of the hour. 24 No matter whether they be Jews, Samaritans, Assyrians, or Greeks, they must tramp down beneath their feet all strife, all discord, jealousy and hate, and demonstrate the brotherhood of man. 25 Then to the ruler of the synagogue he spoke: he said, United in the cause of right we stand; divided we will fall.

This nation hardly takes the will of God into account in her courts yet Gods name is on our currency and our pledge. Lawmakers of today or fighting tooth and nail to remove the recognition of God in our schools.

Israel knows all to well Gods response to a nation that does not do his will. Let us learn from her actions and together forge a better way.

Peace on earth, Good will to men.

[edit on 5-7-2008 by HIFIGUY]

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by jkrog08

Pretty much I just want people to know that there is still hope for change,it CAN get better.Pride in the basic principles of this country is what will lay the foundation for this change.

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by jkrog08

Pretty much I just want people to know that there is still hope for change,it CAN get better.Pride in the basic principles of this country is what will lay the foundation for this change.

CAN it get better? Yes. WILL it? It will unfortunately most likely get worse before it does.

I applaud your optimistic views though, and I do believe that the future WILL be brighter, it's just the mud we might have to crawl through to get there I'm worried about.

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 12:02 PM
link   
I too think it might get worse before it gets better.But the thing that will carry us through the worst times will be the hope of recovery and this great country getting back to its foundations.

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Clearskies

hello There clearskies

as a UK christian i see myself belonging to the family of God first, im an englishman second.

i like the era of pre war, film, music etc there is so much me me me mentality nowadays (im only 37 i sound 90)

England is a good country but its being sailed towards the rocks and the government is the helmsman whilst society is the Bosun

Dear Lord come quickly!!!

david

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 02:56 PM
link   
I am proud to be an American. The problem is we have gotten away from our founding principles of human rights endowed by our creatior of life liberty and pursiut of happiness. take away the creator and then right are just functions of the Government alone. BAD MOVE.

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by jkrog08

i love the united states as well.i am an english born jew married to an american jewish woman.many visits to the usa and i/we rejoice in what G-D has given to you.
G-D bless America.

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Well I'm British and there's nothing to be proud of. Our country is nothing but a turd circling the toliet bowl and the people who are supposed to serve us, are only too eager to flush us down the toilet, all out of greed and selfishness. I've never had a thirst for patriotism either. It's an illusion, a tool, used by elitists to unite people under a false banner & corrupt ideology. I see myself first and foremost as a human being and equal to any other, on this strange but quirky planet. My only guide, being my own moral compass and my quest for the truth.

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by HIFIGUY

one nation, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all

^that's the original version

the version you recited is the updated version from the cold war era of the red scare and paranoid fear of the "godless commies"

[/my two cents]

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by jkrog08

Its time for America to stop claiming to be the greatest country, and start acting like it. Lately, no I do not feel proud to tell people that I am American.

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Jesussss,
this thread is just a bit overwhelming don't you think?
I'll take it in small doses throughout the day and come back later if I can handle it.
Funny because that's exactly the same feeling I get when I visit America for holidays...

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Have you never thought that maybe... just maybe, you're devotion to "God" and serving your country under "him" is what could be the simple reason why things have gone the way it has?
I mean, even though America is one of the younger nations, it seems that religion matters more over there than in Europe.

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 11:51 AM
link   
I,unlike some others think that church and state HAVE to be sperated,at least at this stage in evolution.

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by jkrog08

I am Greek, but this is not what I am proud for. I am proud for being a citizen of this world and universe. I see planet Earth as a whole, as it is in reality, and not divided into pieces.

Alexandros

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Alexander1111

But, don't you love Greece for it's unique history and culture?
Don't you want to work for a better country? Your homeland.
I would like to visit Greece,

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Deleted

[edit on 6-7-2008 by HIFIGUY]

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Clearskies

But, don't you love Greece for it's unique history and culture? Don't you want to work for a better country? Your homeland. I would like to visit Greece,

I do, just as I love and admire every other culture. And I do want to work for a better country, not because this country might happen to be the place I live, but because I simply want to do good.

Alexandros

top topics

join