It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Overthrowing the United States Government

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by hinky

Well put.
Basically, "the king is dead, long live the king"
What to do? Overthrow your expectations of what the government means.

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 11:33 PM
link   
As for ideas, the first thing we need to do has already been done. We've started talking. The second thing that we need to do is relinquish our inhibitions, fears and doubts as to the efficacy of protesting. With enough people, you can do anything.

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by o22a6ar

Dude, are you yanking my chain?
We can barely get 50% voter turnout.
I'm trying to back you up here, don't make me look stupid please.
Now take your time and your mulligan, and give us another idea.

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

How about a group meditation/intention project for the spontaneous combustion of selected political leaders of the current dictatorship in the USA?

Just thinking

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Pellevoisin

Revolution by drum circle.
I like it!
It's just stupid enough to work.

[edit on 7/4/2008 by schrodingers dog]

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by hinky

Despite the fact that the United States is a huge country, I believe that with enough people, we would be able to do anything. The government wouldn't have us all killed. There wouldn't be anybody to pay their salaries, or fund their wars. And, just in case anyone got the wrong impression, I'm not talking about blowing up buildings, or killing politicians. I'm just saying that if the entire country, or the majority of the country stood up, and stood together without selfish reservations, and said this is what we want, we won't settle for anything less, and were not going to stop bugging you all until we get it, we could vastly change this country. Just look at what Ghandi achieved in India. India was, and still is a huge country. It's almost as big as the United States. And the getting together in person thing is a great step forward. That is why I started this thread, so maybe we could take this to the next level, and possibly further.

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Well the constitution is mostly good.. its perfection lies in its amendablity.

I would first off recomend addressing the problem of representation.

Currently we have no voice of our own what so ever at a federal level. We rely on our representatives to speak for us yet how many of us know them. PERSONALLY honestly know them? DO they understand your life and your struggles? Do they even know the current price of gasoline?

I would keep the Senate as it is. 2 representatives to represent the whole of us at a state level.

I would dissolve the house of representatives and in its place institute the house of the people where we the people would take on the HOR duties and represent ourselves ...speak for ourselves.

Never again would there be taxation without representation because we would represent ourselves.

Now if you think the people would vote themselves into a third world welfare state then you have no faith in the senate (which at this point is very understandable) but the Senate is a great check on the house. If you think the people would not read bills passed then understand that your current congressman and senators today do not read HALF of what they sign....They just go which ever way the lobbyists pay them too.

If you wonder how it could work just remember the internet is everywhere even at your local libraries. And if new hack proof hardline need to be built I personally would give every penny I could for it if the reward was the ability to speak for myself when Senate presents a bill to raise Taxes for education without addressing the fundamental problems of the educational system... Throwing money at a problem does not solve it, it only lines the pockets of those who sponsored the bill.

After that minor glitch with the legislative branch was addressed, I would correct the executive branch. Dissolve the electoral college and institute popular vote. I would also remove the term limits because it infringes upon YOUR LIBERTY!!! If you have a president you like, that the majority of america likes, who wants to remain president himself WHY ARE WE NOT ALLOWED TO KEEP HIM /HER IF THE MAJORITY WANTS HIM TO REMAIN IN OFFICE!?!?!

I would also anull executive orders.

Moving on to the last branch the SCOTUS. I would end life time appointments. In its place I would install the longest terms of 15 year term for supreme court justices with no term limits. And I would have them elected by popular vote not appointed.

Skeptics might insist that they would be subject to our popular politics of the day.. . But I have more faith in you. When you are voting for someone for a 15 year term do you really want to judge him and elect him over todays politics? Or would you value his long term consistency? And when you consider the average term of a SCOTUS judge it averages to around 15 years anyways...

With these constitutional amendments I think tyranny would be crushed forever, unable to rear its ugly head ever again in our system.

It would be "a more true to the idea" representative democracy. A republic that allows the minority a voice. YOU THE INDIVIDUAL would have a say with all the other individuals.

Are there kinks? I am sure. But could the kinks be ironed out to forge a more perfect union? UNDOUBTEDLY!

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 11:55 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

You're right, in a country where a great deal of people don't even make the effort to vote, how could we get this done? However, I don't want to lose all hope. Just think about how many people is half of the country. It's about 150,000,000 people. That's a lot of people. We would not even need that many people to acquire some change.

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Pellevoisin

yeah striking is a lot more powerful than people think . the thing is everyone has to do it for it to work. if you look at the best example, france, the parisians are constantly striking for things like higher wages, better working conditions, etc, and guess what? because they all do it , it works. and whoever bothers to post an anti french comment on here needs to get some education, without them america wouldn't be free from english rule right now. So yes, we should all keep striking in mind to better our country. It works!

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by titorite

i agree with the point of the federal level. I am constantly hearing about CRAP things like the patriot act getting passed. If this is a democracy how come I never got to vote about that? And the list goes on. We dont really have the say we think we do. The people 'representing us' never vote how we would vote, and there are never pubilc votes for things that really count, like amendments and acts such as the patriot act etc. The federal level is just its own little world of fat men and delusions of grandeur... With the internet youd think we could have direct voting on everything and people would be a lot happier, instead of relying on this man I never met to vote for his own interests and no one listens to him anyway because the special interests or the presidents men do what they want..

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 12:09 AM
link   
OP, I'm with you. I'm all for changing the government (not the change that is droned into our minds by a certain candidate). The problem is how to go about it. Like a previous poster, it's not like we're a country the size of Indiana. Personally, I think the best way to reform the government is to just inform people. I'm against violence because I really don't want to be sent to a federal "pound me in the ass" prison.

xD

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 12:11 AM
link   
Just a question to all who read this:

What government action would prompt you to consider a violent overthrow of the government? Not saying you should, just wondering. It's a question I often ask myself.

(True story, the DHS has been to my house!)

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by chris_stibrany

I have had that vision in my mind for years. And if there is ever another constitutional convention... I will do all in my power to be there and god of my understanding willing My idea for the individual to have AT LEAST SOMETHING MORE THAN AN OPINION POLL will be presented...

Because as it currently stands... The house representative districts are redrawn every year in some place according to pre vote polls... and in other places they simply stuff the ballot boxes..We have no say in who gets to be supreme court justices, and nobody has ever voted for the president EVER!!!! Our popular vote has always been an opinion poll... nothing more. And while I can understand the delemia of the founder to make it as such.... I can only forgive them in as much as I CAN CHANGE THE CONSTITUTION... If it is poissible then they were indeed right for whatever reason... and if it is impossible ... well then... may posterity forget thier names!

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 12:19 AM
link   
This thread is an eyesore.

I can't even tell what is being discussed anymore.

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 12:21 AM
link   
Ditto for Canada, and I'd like the UK to do the same. In any case, they say people should plan for emergencies and stock up on food and water, which is pretty hard for most people, and hard to store in apartments. I suggest the first step is forming ahead of time an emergency government to discuss and act out in case it is needed by the people who have decided once and for all the psychos are gone for good. The first thing is to make sure ordinary people are in, and to protect them from cia and assassins. Then its to disclose all documents to the public. Proportional democracy is the highest form of democracy and ensures greater numbers of people are in that people actually elect. The constitution actually was made to protect the people from corporate rule so it should probably simply be enhanced and given more teeth.

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 12:30 AM
link   
I'm 100% persent in. I was watching bush give a speach today and he was inturupted many times from people screaming WAR CRIMES!

He is a tyrant.

Our second amendment is in place for such a time. I suggest you all utilize it.

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 12:33 AM
link   
reply to post by SonicInfinity

The eyesore is the mirror you must stare in and the comments you write that you read.

Edit for mods sake: Forgive the oneliner. But sometimes only one line need be written.

[edit on 10/18/2007 by titorite]

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 12:42 AM
link   
You are better off informing as many people about the NWO. But I doubt they'll listen. They're too busy oogling at Paris Hilton.

Plus did you mask your IP when you made this thread?

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 12:53 AM
link   
Looks like I picked the wrong week to stop sniffing glue!

As far as I can tell the drum circle of death is the only reasonable idea so far.

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pellevoisin
reply to post by o22a6ar

I don't think you in the States have ever had a general strike where everyone refuses to go to work until X happens. I have seen well organised general strikes in other countries accomplish a great deal.

Actually, it would be quite something to see if everyone in the states simply refused to buy any petrol/gasoline for an entire week and simply stayed home in protest of ... well, just about everything going on under the Bush/Cheney regime, or should I say the Cheney Regency.

You mean, like general strikes and the lot? What has that ever accomplished? Besides violence, rioting and not allowing people who want to work to do so? How many dead in the recent truckers strikes in France, Spain and Portugal? And for what? The workers are worse off after the strike then before it and have only manage to gain the wrath of the rest of society against their cause...

I hope that you are not from England because if you are, what your civil uprisings (aka political motivated strikes) managed to do was to destroy every British industry, in the 60s 70s and 80s, and create such poverty and unemployment that it took two Thatcher mandates to save the country from eminent collapse...

Be careful what you wish for, it may just be your demise...

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join