It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Overthrowing the United States Government

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by o22a6ar

Do you suggest a military solution?Cause you will have to get a great number of people and weapons.J/w

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 10:57 PM
link   
I think I will go ahead and create five threads in which people can discuss this topic pertinent to their location. The threads will be titled as follows: Motion to Overthrow [Insert City]. I will make a thread for Washington DC, New York City NY, Chicago IL, Seatle WA, as well as San Francisco CA.

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by o22a6ar

I am in the Chicago area.......so you still did not awnser,military?

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 11:03 PM
link   
This thread has taken a good turn.

Okay, so every project needs a name. You need something POSITIVE.

Citizens to Overthrow the Government won't cut it.

I'd suggest The Save America Foundation, (if that is not already taken).

We can work on the charter, letterhead, and PR after you decide.

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by garyo1954

How about Project Patriot?

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by garyo1954

Sounds good. I'll form the "Protect The Constitution and Declaration of Independence From the X Foundation." (X being whatever he decides to call this little "movement.")

Our motto will be: A government of the people and for the people, not for a select few who want the government to bend to their narrow minded conspiracy worldview.

Eh, its a bit long - the name and the motto - but it gets the job done.

[edit on 5-7-2008 by ALightinDarkness]

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Great! We have opposition already. This means we declare ourselves the minority and accept government assistance.

Meanwhile every time we send flyers to a politician we print on the last line:

"78,000,000 Americans have joined the SAF. Wouldn't you like to Save America too?"

We accept paypal.

(I may kid a bit, but I think we need to try something that doesn't cause harm to others. And the good news this way nobody is playing Rambo in your backyard!)

[edit on 7/5/2008 by garyo1954]

[edit on 7/5/2008 by garyo1954]

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by ALightinDarkness

You had a couple of thoughtful responses to myself and another. Well spoken for just someone who has a self interest in continuing the status quo.

You spoke of infrastructure.

Roads do benefit the public. This is why the Military helped establish the Interstate Highway System and still kicks in money on upgrading bridges throughout the country. We do not need a Department of Transportation to oversee this. The Corp of Engineers can easily oversee a road building project, this is within the Department of Defense. There are millions of miles of State, County, and local roads maintained by the interested parties. These roads are supported by the various taxes gathered at the appropriate level. There are even toll highways owned by tax exempt special interest groups, companies, and even Foreign owned companies; that are all self supporting. It is possible to do this, search for toll roads and see what you come up with.

As for water, only your local taxes or the company that owns the water system support this with locally generated usage rates. There is no Federal money for water treatment projects. Wastewater is a different story. A whole book can be written on why the EPA funds wastewater treatment programs, but you are a PHD student so you know all about this. This is the only reason why I feel the EPA should remain it's own department, otherwise everything else they do is already covered by the Department of Commerce.

The Federal overseers do nothing in the way of natural gas other than have bureaucrats oversee State level bureaucrats for rates. Natural Gas is owned and maintained by either the local city or a private company.

Electricity at a Federal level has several Bureau of Land Management dams within the Department of Interior. If something ever screamed privatize me, it would be one of these special dams. Congress and local politicians have a trend to stop this from happening, more self interest in keeping good Federal jobs. Now the TVA is a good example of why it makes sense to privatize these projects, but again, I defer to your expertise. You should maybe check into this and write a report or something.

As for the court system. This is a gray area. The benefits of a lifetime appointment as opposed to running for office keeps the judges politics out of the mix. However, the court system should be set up that Federal courts only are involved in Federal cases, not Local or State level cases that the person keeps appealing away until every possible aspect is ran out. This would free the Federal courts with a lower case load and fewer bureaucrats. A State level crime or issue should stay within that State. It is a State issue, not a Federal issue, Federal judges seem to have a feeling that everything belongs before their bench, regardless of the issue.

As for privatizing out everything possible, yes it should be done. Any number of studies have been done and tax payers are saved money on cost of government and better service with any independent study done. That's a bold statement I am making to you, but then my job was involved with a DoD RIF back in 1999 and I would venture a guess at my service of over 25 years of local and Federal Government service would entail the largest part of your life. I know a little from whence I speak. Only the studies the employee unions (i.e. AFGE) cite will you find discrepancies but the bottom line is always less cost for the taxpayer.

A smaller Federal Government, more streamlined to save taxpayers money, only dealing with issues that are specifically cited within the Constitution, is the way to go. Many of the bureaucracies are overbloated with retirement minded people only wanting to see their pension at age 55 under the old system or 62 under the new FERS program.

You do need a certain amount of government to oversee policy. We agree on this. Now it's just a matter of how far you trim the fat and the meat. I say only common interest at a Federal level within the confines of the original documents establishing our great land is necessary.

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 11:27 PM
link   
The American Spirit is still alive I see. We are still watching and waiting and scanning hundreds of blogs.

My friends, I will say again, " There are men in the shadows of the men in the shadows and we are watching them."

300million + people in this country and alot of pissed off veterans who are a hell of alot smarter than those who sit in our nations capital.

America is as strong as she has ever been, we are just taking a little fire right now and we have have our heads pinned down. They will run out of ammo very soon and (if you have ever had an AK 47 or 74 fired at you) no one likes that sound or feeling. In a short while we will all be fine and life as we like it and want it will be back to normal.

If not then there are many men like myself who will be the jack of all trades and take back what is ours.

So for now, live your life, buy as little gas as you can, stay away from private contractors and VOTE! What ever you believe, VOTE!

That is what America is all about and that is why I spent the majority of my life protecting her.

I still love America,

Eye of Eagle,

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 11:30 PM
link   
I wasn't permitted to make new threads based on this topic, for each city. What's plan "B?"

[edit on 5-7-2008 by o22a6ar]

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by o22a6ar

Well geez, that's a downer. You can't start a thread so I guess the revolution is off?

Meanwhile, Save America is being used to push every agenda under the sun.

Check this out

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by o22a6ar

Plan B? Millions of phone calls to your senators and congressman and or millions of protestors lined up outside 1600 Penn. Ave. with no intent of backing down or giving up!

Care to get that staged?

Eye of Eagle

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by EYEOFEAGLE

I sure can't do this by myself. *Snip*

Mod Edit:

1 e.) Recruitment/Solicitation:

i) You will not use your membership at The Above Network, LLC site(s) for any type of recruitment to any causes whatsoever. You will not post, use the chat feature or use the private message system to disseminate advertisements, chain letters, petitions, pyramid schemes, or any kind of solicitation for political action, social action, letter campaigns, or related online and/or offline coordinated actions of any kind.

Terms and Conditions

[edit on 6-7-2008 by MemoryShock]

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by o22a6ar

You do realize that what you are doing is illegal? Treason during time of war is punishable by death. Seriously, be careful, and keep in touch to let us all know how things are going.

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by o22a6ar

Are you willing to do what it will take? What do you do for a living?

Eye of Eagle

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 11:53 PM
link   
reply to post by jackinthebox

Do you love in China?

Eye of Eagle

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 11:57 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 12:01 AM
link   
I say we all need to not pay our taxes when tax time comes around.

This will send a message to this Corrupt Government!

What is the IRS going to do, arrest 300 million people.

I know this will bring this Country to a stand still.

I dont see any point paying hard working taxes to a Government who Not for (WE THE PEOPLE).

Something needs to be done, I know that this just "cant" keep going the way it is.

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by o22a6ar

Lead the charge on DC. I'll be right behind you with my hoe and garden claw. We'll show them bastards.

[edit on 7/6/2008 by Blueracer]

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by jackinthebox

Based on the Smith Act of 1951, in order for a motion to overthrow the government to be treasonous, said motion would have to include an overthrow by means of force and violence. I am looking to go about this in a peaceful manner, i.e.: no force, no violence, peaceful protests. If force and violence are used against a group of peaceful protesters, those who use this force and violence are those who will be scrutinized. What I am talking about isn't intended to be treasonous. What are these laws that you speak of that make what this thread is about treasonous?

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join