It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Overthrowing the United States Government

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Holy Moly,
A general strike... that is far more American than where this was initially going, proud and impressed.

The concept of a gasoline strike, That is a double meaning, the protection against that is the going to work factor but if Americans were truly onboard to simply find other ways to get to work, gas strike... that would be enormous

How does one financially survive this kind of strike though?

It really is a double whammy because it would send a message to foreign oil providers that if push comes to shove we can do without the oil just as we did without the tea...

Really it would show that when needed Americans won't be ruled.

Because lets face reality here, everyone is fast to blame Bush and Isreal, but how much of this is honestly pressure from small independent more moderate oil states and Saudi Arabia? The Saudis have more than once refered to Americans as their military "slaves"

We all know small states like Kuwait and the Saudis have reasons for wanting the powers of Iran,Iraq for religous and for security reasons diminished as much as Isreal does...

and frankly if we aren't buying their oil, that mission is done without a war.

In the long run your striking at the American companies but, we have sources of oil, sources of shale, all the bio diesel capacity in the world... we wouldn't be putting American companies out of business, really just forcing them to change who with and how they do business...

It would remove us from the middle east for good...

Brilinace in concept, kudos... just how to survive financially?

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by ALightinDarkness

Yes there are "supposed" to be proper ways to redress grievances, but what if the Gov't won't hear? Hit the link and read, and to "others" on here looking for a group to join or really thinking about non-violent action join this group. www.givemeliberty.org...
I personally think we are getting what "we" as a collective deserve out of our Gov't. but that's for another thread.
To the Op... If I knew what would really have a chance of correcting the problems I would be doing it and shouting it from the rooftops, but I don't have any faith in the political process.
P.S. sorry if the link doesn't work I can't seem to post one right just cut and paste it if you can't get it to work.

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 09:00 PM
link   
I honestly hope the oil price keeps inflating. I may be the only one, but I’m so thrilled to see my friends who previously couldn’t care less actually taking notice of what is going on in our world. They’ve started to realize slowly but surely that oil companies pretty much run the freaking world. With this enlightenment outrage comes and the want for change. Soon there will not only be a want but a need for change.

People can only be pushed so hard before they push back, and the American people have been pushed for a long time.

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 09:08 PM
link   
If the United States of America's salvation is dependant on the overwhelming majority of apathetic citizens then as a nation we are truly doomed.

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 09:11 PM
link   
This topic seems to be dwindling itself down into a spiral of confusion. A lot of what ifs and maybes being passed around. An interesting topic for an even more interesting resolution.

I'd be silly not to make a contribution to an otherwise endless discussion.

The problem is that most people want to continue with what most Americans have always done. Remain as an individual and selfishly go about the rest of their days as though nothing is amiss and let the problems sort themselves out.

The whole out of sight out of mind method.

Unfortunately I think that at this point in time, with everything we see in
our government today it's no longer out of sight out of mind.

As the dollar continues to fall and prices for x, x, x, etc, start going up and more and more of our rights are striped away for "our protection" and we read more about marines "training" on American soil to "understand urban war tactics" when our tax dollars were thrown at an urban training facility replicating areas of iraq specifically for this reason and the focus on taking away our right to bear arms becomes more of a reality we might wake up and see that these changes in our government, of our country, aren't exactly in our favor and we might decide that on that day of realization we may just consider taking a stand on what life and this chunk of dirt we walk on day in and day out is really all about.

I'm not saying run out and pick a fight with every government official you see walking down the street, unless this official is over stepping his authority then by all means, do what you must.

I'm just trying to say from what I've gathered, and I'm not 100%, it appears that the government is already expecting an uprising of angry gun weilding citizens and are preparing for the inevitable.

If you do the research, be it fact or fiction, you'll find that 100's of concentration camps are being fully staffed yet, no detainees are within' the walls. I guess they figure any minute a mob could start and given the appropriate circumstances, it wouldn't take much to turn that mod into an army.

All you have to do is take away the only thing thats keeping the majority of American citizens from taking any action at all, they're comfort and convenience. Once thats done an American has everything to fight for and in all reality, absolutely nothing to gain.

But hey if this site knows anything about anything its that most of this talk is for the birds and really doesnt makes its way outside of the campfire.

If and when this day comes, good luck to all.

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by syress

Originally posted by garyo1954
reply to post by syress

it is a shame to even see in this thread people being afraid to post there opinions due to fear of government intervention and prosecution.

yep
thats why i refuse to be ground down by the thought of a thought of a crime. its absolutely absurd. if i am unhappy with the way the cuontry is going i think its the most intelligent and our patriot duty as citizens to post here to share ideas of how to make things better. whats wrong with that? anyone who thinks sharing ideas on improving the government is terror or thought crime needs to get their head checked. even if they work for the government. imho

but yeah i was sad with the amnt of crap on here after i posted. besides striking because it works in other countries i havent had any other ideas though. striking isnt illegal and it wont get you sent to gitmo so thats good right. not that im worried about that, im just showing how i care enough to make a change. its like the govt wants people to not care. its backwards.

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 09:17 PM
link   
maybe threads for certain/different areas can start being posted so ppl can start getting together in person to discuss what needs to be done?

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by NorthWolfe CND

striking DOES work. more often than not. you mentioned the french truckers strike which you think didnt work. but you failed to mention the indian strikes to get the brits out, you failed to mention the french waiters strike for higher wages and better pay which worked, you failed to mention the french sanitation workers strike which got them better equipment and conditions, you forgot to mention the strike by blacks against segregation durin the civil rights period in the US. its the best thing we can do these days that wont get us thrown in prison and hurts the only thing anyone cares about anymore, which is the wallet.

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by thecandyman
I got this idea from an ex FEMA agent (it's already in the works).

We need to elect a TRUE Governor for the Republic States for each of the 48 states, and they elect 2 Senators. That's basically all there is to taking back our GOVERNMENT from the Corporation.

The first Governor was put into place a few years back... the Governor of Colorado. As far as we can tell, all Governors are in place and Senators are now being elected.

This FEMA agent (we'll call him Tim) told me that the Governors were told if they could get the required Governors and Senators that they could hold election and elect a President for the Republic of America. If they did this they were gaurenteed Military support to throw the current impostor President out of the White House.

Seems like a plan to me. Establish a true government body, throw out the Corporation, and reconvene the real Senate and Congress once again.

hear hear
thats a great idea for fixing the state of politics which is very patriotic. seeing as i am in the west i should research that. i wonder why i didnt hear about this sooner. what if hes wrong and there is no support? and how do you discuss this while still being legal? this meaning something democratic like elections and strikes. cuz im not a bad man 'terruh-ist'

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by justamomma
maybe threads for certain/different areas can start being posted so ppl can start getting together in person to discuss what needs to be done?

I would definitely be there! Starting a revolution over the internet isn't goin to hack it. We better start mobilizing in person. Turn off the computer, the tv, bring on the coffee, signs, and sharpies. Lets start taking off work, saying screw buying gas, and march our little hearts out.

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
To successfully overthrow a government you would need at least 50% of the country backing you. That 50% would have to be better armed and more proactive than the other 50%. Assuming your own military was backing you, you would need to rely on the rest of the world turning a blind eye to the situation and not getting involved.

Assuming all this happened and you managed to overthrow the government the rest of the world would move in to attempt to mediate your transition back into the democratic world. Most likely the EU would take temporary control of the US.
]

man that was the best day dream ive had in awhile! if the EU took over the US id be in heaven... if living in europe for more than half my life showed me anything, its how much better things are over there because the people are more intelligent and the government isnt sticking their #*@ks into everyones business. and if they are its to help and give aid not by giving you citations or beatings.

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Maybe it's time we split and form our own country.
Probably impossible, but I'd be down with that. Sometimes I think about reimmigrating back where my ancestors came from, but then I'd have to be chopped up and shipped all over the place. Most Americans have no home except for our current one. It's a tough problem to overcome, we are slaves to our jobs and the system, there is no way out without succumbing to poverty and no one wants that. What to do?? I'll sign up for the drum circle of death.

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by manson_322
reply to post by mopusvindictus

I don't really believe you honestly, because I have never met a Hindi in my life who was so out of peace with himself so preaching of hate.

lol, go to Rishikesh,Varanasi and other towns in India lol ,most people who are staunch hindus , who strongly despise the decadent american culture , offcourse there are foolish indians (who live in cities) who lov to emulate american culture ,

seeing as this has nothign to do with the topic, can both you manson and you mopey, go start a new thread ? its annoying to see two topics in one thread. its why the moderators have too much work to do. thanks!

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bowcatz001
We don't have to overthrow the American government. It's doing a good job of falling flat on it's face. All we will have to do is stick around and pick up the pieces in about twenty to fifty years.

thats true the ship is sinking itself. unfortunately to go with the analogy, when the survivors are clinging on to things to stop the vortex from drowning them, they will be clinging onto smart useful people like you and me and we'll go down too. so id rather it not come to that because it would be too disastrous to people like, well, everyone. the govt is mad enough -I've seen enough to know if they are definitely going down they wanna take everyone down with them. screw that! so i say we find some tourniquet and then quietly usher them off with some pillows and prozac as they rock themselves to sleep.

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by ALightinDarkness
reply to post by LeeHawt

Calling for revolution and violence doesn't solve anything. The government was created with ways to redress your grievances just so anarchist reactionaries wouldn't go around every 6 months trying to start the next revolution. Use those methods. I know people here want to jump straight to playing Rambo, but before you do so might I suggest using the peaceful avenues available to you? I realize the war zealots here are going to claim those avenues don't work but they would be lying - they just aren't happy with the results.

Take the government to court. If you lose, then its not due to a conspiracy, its because you don't have a case. You don't get to start a revolution because you lose.

Don't vote for people you don't like. If they get elected, then the population has democratically deemed they are qualified to be in office. You don't get to start a revolution because you don't get your way.

SO BASIA-oops so basically you say 1. use the court system and 2. use the voting system. well guess what ? the whole reason this thread got started is because those things don't work. the voting system is rigged, bush stole not one but both elections. real reporters like the BBC even did a documentary on it. go check it out and gee i wonder why it wasn't shown in the States? and second- the court system is flawed because most people dont have enough money to win their case. all it is is a money machine. and even if you were the worlds richest man because the government runs the courts they wouldn't let you win anyway. you really are too naive. or at least you have far too much trust in your government! that's too bad...

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Well we certainly get the government we deserve.
The percentage of voters is roughly equal to the people that are actually interested in the workings of our country rather than just bitching about them.

A national strike would never work basically because things really aren't that bad all things considered.
Also the vast majority of citizens owe a boat load of money for the crap we own and taking any time out of work to participate in a strike would put them deeper in debt. Our government loves us in debt...less time to actually do something about our government.

Overthrow our government and put what, exactly,in its' place? Some radical left wing or right wing moron? Sheesh it is bad enough already.

Want to start making a difference? Start at the local level. Go to a town council meeting, etc. Become vocal. Get others to do the same. It is a start and we have to start somewhere.

By the way unless you mean violence you are not going to have a shot at overthrowing anything. And once you start down the violence route you will lose support from all except the other wackos.
Good luck with that...

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 10:26 PM
link   
I have been around for 4 yrs and have never introcuced myself ,have been an emergency room rn for 20yrs very concerned about the situation at hand, I guess I can't say I'm new here but an offical hello everyone. that said, we need some attantion for the cause, heck if someone on utube can get a bunch of people to show up in a mall to participate in some silly act, we should be able to wake some people up.

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 10:34 PM
link   
I think Janet Reno should be put back in office

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by justamomma

This is probaby one of the best ideas yet. How could we go about organizing more threads to accomadate people in different area? There should be a common name for all of the titles; we could just replace the name of the place for each title. Should we make a new thread for: each state; each major city; each region? What do you think? We should come to a common ground on the nature of possible future meetings. Doing so in an organized manner would allow for a more user friendly environment. This is the next step in actually having some hand in our government. I urge everyone to submit their input. If something like this is goung to work, we need as many people as possible.

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by chris_stibrany
the whole reason this thread got started is because those things don't work.

No, the fact that the government does not bend to your personal narrow worldview does not mean the system has failed. The system is not supposed to be your customized little government utopia, because there are hundreds of millions of people in the US and each one wants something different from the government. The result is a compromise of gigantic proportions, where no one will ever get their little fantasized government.

I even knew someone was going to say this - which is why I said in the post your referring to that your dislike of the fact that the government does not bend to your will is not a call to arms. It means the majority disagrees - or the law disagrees, which was written by elected officials put into office by the majority - and since this is a republic, you lose. The government is not your personal public opinion poll, altering policy daily to fit whatever ideology is popular or trendy. It is a slow moving beast on purpose, because the public changes its mind on what it wants from the government routinely.

the voting system is rigged, bush stole not one but both elections real reporters like the BBC even did a documentary on it. go check it out and gee i wonder why it wasn't shown in the States?

LOL, that liberal propaganda is spouted just about every day in the US. The problem is you guys don't actually go check the facts. Depending on what recount you look at, its completely inconclusive who won - Bush did not "steal" the election. Your buddy Al Gore was the one who BROUGHT the case and demanded that the court decide on the recount before everything could be properly accounted for. You can thank him for it.

and second- the court system is flawed because most people dont have enough money to win their case. all it is is a money machine. and even if you were the worlds richest man because the government runs the courts they wouldn't let you win anyway.

You seriously have no idea how the court system works do you? How is that the United States loses so many cases brought against it? Like the recent case that granted rights to prisoners at Gitmo? How can it be, if the US somehow "controls" the courts? You should really look into the facts before you spout garbage that is so obviously wrong. The Government has a very bad track record of losing cases, which they wouldn't if they somehow "ran" the courts to get the results they wanted.

you really are too naive. or at least you have far too much trust in your government! that's too bad...

The irony of someone who has no idea about the 2000 elections nor how the court system works calling anyone else naive is delicious. I'll trust the government before I trust a bunch of Rambo-wannabes trying to overthrow the government because it doesn't bow to their narrow, conspiracy oriented fantasy view of the world.

[edit on 5-7-2008 by ALightinDarkness]

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join