It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Overthrowing the United States Government

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+32 more 
posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 09:44 PM
link   
I am almost positive that a great many of us believe that our government is, and has been for a while, a government by the illusion of choice. If you agree, we should take it upon ourselves to assemble and do whatever it takes to reclaim our government, and transform it back to what it once was, or at least what it should be, a government by the people, for the people not a government by the rich and powerful, for the rich and powerful. What could we do in order to overthrow our current government? Who could we put in charge? Would we rewrite our constitution, or keep the current? What would be done about all the corrupt politicians? I am talking about changing this country for the better. Do we have what it takes, or will you all just sit back, ignore what I've said, and return to that barn with all the other mindless sheep? Let us become free again. Let us reclaim our place as citizens of the United States of America, the true leaders of America.

[edit on 4-7-2008 by o22a6ar]

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Don't be afraid to speak up and speak your mind. Don't be afraid to be free. Don't be afraid.

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Thread closed in 3 2 1...
Plus overthrowing is hard work. Can't we just bitch about it on ATS.

[edit on 7/4/2008 by schrodingers dog]

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

Do you really think this'll get shut down shortly? It doesn't violate any of the T&C does it? Freedom isn't easy to come by. If we want it, we are going to have to work for it.

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by o22a6ar

I would just rethink the word "overthrow" in your title. Your frustration is well based.

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Sorry only one Ghandi per 1000 years is permitted on this irredeemable rock.

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 10:04 PM
link   
If ppl wont go about changing it a legit, peaceful way, then they wont go about changing it a violent way.

I'm for changing it however in more than one way to flood the bad parts and bad ppl out. Yep, got to do it at more than one angle to get the job done.

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Mabus

I wasn't expressly implying violence, only what we would determine as necessary to regain our freedoms that were alloted to us in the constitution of the United States. However, if it became necessary...

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 10:17 PM
link   
I am a little disappointed. On this website, I thought there would be an extensive amount of people willing to, at least, grace us with some input. I guess everyone would rather complain than to take some initiative.

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Perhaps July 4th is not the best day for this topic. Or perhaps it's the best day for it.
In any case, I'm on my seventh beer, eleventh hot dog, and fiftieth post. Can I overthrow Mondayish?

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by schrodingers dog
Perhaps July 4th is not the best day for this topic. Or perhaps it's the best day for it.
In any case, I'm on my seventh beer, eleventh hot dog, and fiftieth post. Can I overthrow Mondayish?

lmfao very nicely put!!

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 11:02 PM
link   
I figured Independence Day to be good day to talk about something like freedom, especially fighting for it. Today represents the day that our country gained its freedom from the same thing that has robbed us of our freedoms today.

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by o22a6ar

I don't think you in the States have ever had a general strike where everyone refuses to go to work until X happens. I have seen well organised general strikes in other countries accomplish a great deal.

Actually, it would be quite something to see if everyone in the states simply refused to buy any petrol/gasoline for an entire week and simply stayed home in protest of ... well, just about everything going on under the Bush/Cheney regime, or should I say the Cheney Regency.

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by o22a6ar

Ok mate, got another beer, now i'm here for you.
Tell us what happened today that's got you hurting.
Let it out, we're all friends here.

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 11:08 PM
link   
In a way what you are saying is true.

Dubya is the third George to be president.
King George III was king of England against whom the usurpations of the Declaration of Independence were written.

When Dubya taxes tea, we'll talk.

[edit on 7/4/2008 by garyo1954]

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 11:14 PM
link   
""All right, but apart from the sanitation, medicine, education, wine, public order, irrigation, roads, the fresh water system and public health, what has the government ever done for us?
"There is not one of us who would not gladly suffer death to rid this country of this government once and for all."
"Uh, well, one."
"Oh, yeah, yeah, there's one. But otherwise, we're solid"

edited for topic

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Pellevoisin

The problem is that protests (at least where I live) aren't all that televised. As a result, the majority of the American people do not think that protests will get anything done. It's really sad how most of the good ideas that people have remain isolated within their group of friends, or here on ATS. I am not saying that posting your ideas on ATS or any site related is a bad thing. It's just that this is as far as it usually gets. It's time we stop being pushed around. It's time we start making the choices. I urge you all to confront this thread with any ideas that could help this cause. This includes differing ideas. Would should try to take this beyond ATS, to our communities, to our states, to our country.

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by o22a6ar

Hey, I just realized we're neighbors.
U of M student or just college park resident?
Ok, you started the thread, come up with idea no.1, who knows we might get some momentum

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

Actually, it was the fireworks. As I looked up to the sky, I got all choked up thinking about what the fireworks stand for, and how they now only represent a flicker of hope for America. A couple of wrong moves, and this country could turn into a replica of Nazi Germany. It's not all that bad yet, but it could get so much worse if we don't start doing something about it. I just live here for now. I'm not really sure if I want to spend the money on UM. For now I'll stick with PGCC, the finest community college of them all

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 11:26 PM
link   
I've talked to people and heard groups talk of this for years.

A few problems with this:

The USA is a big country. It's not like overthrowing a country in Europe or South America half the size of Indiana. It would involve many people, working together, for a common aim of anarchy.

The USA Government has a large military and the Republic will do whatever it takes to save the Republic. Always, always remember this.

There is a line of succession so if the president dies, there are replacements at several different levels. It's called continuity of government. The government is still in place if the head is lopped off for any reason.

When I was a younger man, I thought of hanging the damn government people from lamp posts. I was a very upset young man and am still pissed at several revenuers at the State level. I then had the outstanding opportunity to work for the Department of Defense and saw first hand how unlikely the civilians would ever "win" a war against the military. Civil rioting or terrorist actions against the government will not work with our form of government.

I've heard people over the years say, just vote all the rascals out. Get all new people in. Problem with this is a couple reasons. The House is voted on every 2 years. You could, in theory, vote all of them out of office along with one third of Congress. Congress is the kicker. The six year term makes voting them out of office all at one time impossible. The remaining senators would see what is going on and pass laws or something else nefarious to protect themselves. By the time everyone is out, you would have House members on their third term. See, out founding fathers weren't so dumb about this after all.

What's the answer, I don't know. I know what won't work. I'm willing to discuss this in person with others of like mind. We do need a dramatic change in the way the government does it's business and tax people at a higher rate than when we threw the British out.

Happy 4th of July America!!!

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join