It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The World-Wide Web of Surveillance of Your Online/Offline Activities

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 07:10 AM
link   
Snake Plisskin, that's exactly where it originated, back to Hitler and IBM. I've read this book which is where I got back to the original information.

IBM and the Holocaust: The Strategic Alliance Between Nazi Germany and America's Most Powerful Corporation

Reveiw on Amazon

Was IBM, "The Solutions Company," partly responsible for the Final Solution? That's the question raised by Edwin Black's IBM and the Holocaust, the most controversial book on the subject since Daniel Jonah Goldhagen's Hitler's Willing Executioners. Black, a son of Holocaust survivors, is less tendentiously simplistic than Goldhagen, but his thesis is no less provocative: he argues that IBM founder Thomas Watson deserved the Merit Cross (Germany's second-highest honor) awarded him by Hitler, his second-biggest customer on earth.

"IBM, primarily through its German subsidiary, made Hitler's program of Jewish destruction a technologic mission the company pursued with chilling success," writes Black. "IBM had almost single-handedly brought modern warfare into the information age [and] virtually put the 'blitz' in the krieg." The crucial technology was a precursor to the computer, the IBM Hollerith punch card machine, which Black glimpsed on exhibit at the U.S. Holocaust Museum, inspiring his five-year, top-secret book project.

The Hollerith was used to tabulate and alphabetize census data. Black says the Hollerith and its punch card data ("hole 3 signified homosexual ... hole 8 designated a Jew") was indispensable in rounding up prisoners, keeping the trains fully packed and on time, tallying the deaths, and organizing the entire war effort. Hitler's regime was fantastically, suicidally chaotic; could IBM have been the cause of its sole competence: mass-murdering civilians? Better scholars than I must sift through and appraise Black's mountainous evidence, but clearly the assessment is overdue.

The moral argument turns on one question: How much did IBM New York know about IBM Germany's work, and when? Black documents a scary game of brinksmanship orchestrated by IBM chief Watson, who walked a fine line between enraging U.S. officials and infuriating Hitler. He shamefully delayed returning the Nazi medal until forced to--and when he did return it, the Nazis almost kicked IBM and its crucial machines out of Germany. (Hitler was prone to self-defeating decisions, as demonstrated in How Hitler Could Have Won World War II.)

Black has created a must-read work of history. But it's also a fascinating business book examining the colliding influences of personality, morality, and cold strategic calculation. --Tim Appelo --This text refers to an out of print or unavailable edition of this title.

From Booklist
The publisher has ordered a print run of 100,000 copies, indicating that they expect high demand for this contentious expose. The author asserts that a collusion existed between IBM Corporation and the government of the Third Reich, wherein IBM supplied the technology enabling Nazi authorities to systematize their persecution of European Jews. Expect much discussion in the press and on the street about this very controversial book. Brad Hooper

Copyright © American Library Association. All rights reserved --This text refers to an out of print or unavailable edition of this title.

I've literally been tracking down this information all of My life.

Political Collusion of a President and Congress in Collapsing America, The Fall of the New Rome

To Be Chipped, Or Not? Owning Stock In Your Own Verichip, And Politics

Verichip/Digital Angel are going to be the end result where this biochip is supposed to be implanted into your skin, and all the information databases that collect this information will eventually get all of this same information from you with this biochip, instead of your Discount Card, instead of your Driver's License, instead of your Social Security Card, instead of having Medical Records, all of this information will be loaded onto this device the size of a grain of insignificant rice.

The problem with this is, it will also be your Credit Cards, your Bank Cards, your money, within this device that's smaller than a penny, insigificant in size, and if you have a problem with Government, if you purchase books online with this, because it will eventually be scanned via a port similar to your USB to "log-in" to online usage, if anything you do seems remotely "anti-Government" or questioning of authority, they can flip the switch, and you are instantly a "terrorist" and all of your information will keep you from buying food, purchasing gasoline, going to the doctor if it's life and death, you will literally be a person with no identity.

Think also about the movie "Logan's Run" if you've seen it as well as "Enemy of the State", and "Minority Report." I don't know about you, but I don't trust Government nor corporations with this much power over what I do and what I know nor what I think and or have within My life.

[edit on 1-8-2008 by SpartanKingLeonidas]

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 09:37 AM
link   
I started this other thread as a PsychologyPhilosophy//Metahpysics Forum, based on this premise, in order to get people's attention.

Is Your Government Stalking You? Stalk Them Back Via Verichip Purchasing...

Verichip is shutting down currently, but Digital Angel is not, and both corporations corporate address are indentical, meaning they are the same company, with two different faces.

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by SpartanKingLeonidas

Thanks for the info. It confirms what I have found elsewhere.

Veri-chip probably closed down so they could “legally” walk with the stockholders money....

I am new to ATS, I came in due to my concern about Animal ID, farming and RFID chipping in general. I expect chipping of humans to go like drug testing. If you want to work you have to pee in a bottle. If you want to work you get chipped. It is already happening with GPS see

Employer surveillance of employee activities using global positioning system (GPS) or similar technology should not violate employee privacy if it’s used for legitimate business reasons and is not abused, says attorney Allen M. Kato, Esq., of the law firm Fenwick & West LLP in San Francisco.
To avoid liability, employers should notify employees that the employer reserves the right to use GPS to monitor location and activities for safety and business reasons.

hrdailyadvisor.blr.com...

The other end of the trap is being closed by squeezing independent truckers via the high cost of fuel and the idiotic international “Farm to Fork” surveillance and red tape used to monitor or drive out family farmers worldwide. That closes down work options for those who wish to remain independent. In addition the right to farm and independently controlled transportation of goods are almost as critical to a free society as guns. I could scream every time I talk about the “farm to fork” issue and people think it is to “protect them” Tags and management systems via ISO are about control not food safety. Testing is about food safety and the USDA is getting out of that game. It might show how badly our food safety really has been compromised.

“Absolute power is when a man is starving and you are the only one able to give him food.” Zimbabwe’s Marxist dictator, Robert Mugabe

The whole thing scares the s@#t out of me

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 11:50 PM
link   
I dont get it.You guys are NOW worried about this?I mean you didnt know you were being tracked as soon as you logged in?All ips are recorded and everything that goes on online can be tracked if the govt wishes to do so.It has been that way for a while.The only people that would fear this would be those who would harm democratic nations.Ive got no problem with it.I can get info at lightning speed from around the world and the recent conflict in Georgia proves that citizens can be very effective in stopping an enemy dead in its tracks.
Most of the time (98 %) there is no conspiracy just life!

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 12:49 AM
link   
Something interesting happened to me in the last couple of days that could apply to what you are saying regarding consumer snooping and monitoring of spending habits.

I have been considering buying a slightly used SUV and Saturday I went on a few different web sites to see what was available. I did a search for used vehicles, more specifically Range Rovers. I went to maybe three different listing sites similar to Autotrader. All in all I did one key word search, never logged into any site or gave any information at all, not even an email address.

Today in my email there were three different messages, all showing (you guessed it) discount Land Rover dealers.

If I gave no info and supplied nothing that would identify me, how is it that random sites are all of a sudden emailing me two days later offering exactly what I had been searching for?

One thing I have learned over time spent online, nothing and I mean nothing is private and you should always keep that in mind when using a computer and act accordingly.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by SpartanKingLeonidas

I still believe 911 was a "orchestrated event" by our own government.

Problems, reactions, solutions, oh my!

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 01:27 AM
link   
SKL, this is an excellent post, a real eye opener. Very well put. I have era marked alot of the books you have spoke about, and will be getting them soon. What really amazes me (and I have to admit, amuses me) are the people that you meet or know that refuse to buy anything online. Their excuse being, "I don't want anyone to get my information". I tell them, you have got to be kidding me, right? I mean, where do these people think that all of their credit card, debit card, social security numbers, and other vital information is kept......in a really large book somewhere?

Keep it up SKL, have become a big fan of your research.

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Great Job Guy. We all know but evidence helps. one steep closer to what we all want. true freedom. anarkey

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by desertdreamer

Thanks for the kudos. Much appreciated. I've known what "keywords" were now for twenty-nine years, so it's not a shock to me in the least that everything is being monitored online or otherwise.

Love the picture, by the way.

posted on Dec, 28 2008 @ 07:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpartanKingLeonidas
reply to post by desertdreamer

Thanks for the kudos. Much appreciated. I've known what "keywords" were now for twenty-nine years, so it's not a shock to me in the least that everything is being monitored online or otherwise.

Love the picture, by the way.

Yeah, love that pic of yours as well....lol

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 11:25 PM
link   
I just got information on Phorm, a website advertising assistance organization.

The Guardian : United Kingdom

It looks like data-mining across the pond, if you ask me.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 05:47 AM
link   
Secret Power, an e-book by Nicky Hagar on UKUSA electronic spying, is now freely available online:
www.nickyhager.info...

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 06:26 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 10:47 PM
link   
The question is how do you fight back not if, how?

First suggestion is ISP masking and proxy services. I am plotting right now and indulging.

What suggestions do you and others have in fighting. If enough people can be convinced to use these as information protection it could go a long way.

my attitude to all of them

warning is adult language contained in side link

www.youtube.com...

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by BetweenMyths
Secret Power, an e-book by Nicky Hagar on UKUSA electronic spying, is now freely available online:
www.nickyhager.info...

Echelon
www.indymedia.org.uk...

Secret services
www.indymedia.org.uk...

Thanks for those links.

Appreciate that very much.

Sorry about the length between replies.

Originally posted by ripcontrol
The question is how do you fight back not if, how?

First suggestion is ISP masking and proxy services. I am plotting right now and indulging.

What suggestions do you and others have in fighting. If enough people can be convinced to use these as information protection it could go a long way.

my attitude to all of them

warning is adult language contained in side link

www.youtube.com...

Well, understanding you are speaking about ISP masking and proxy, I am in a quandary.

I suggest fighting legally and without violence, and without breaking the law.

There are many avenues and venues out there people do not consider as fighting.

Being informed on the threat is the first way of fighting because intelligence is power.

Going To Your Public Library, Gathering Open Source Intelligence, and Surviving

...and...

How To Overthrow Your Own Government, Legally and Without Violence, In Order To Survive

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Hi, privacy seekers.

Reading this thread, here is an answer about "keyword":

STOP using Google ! !
It is NOT anymore the Linux very fast engine, and innocent one !

Use IXQUICK ! It does NOT trace what you do ! !

us2.ixquick.com...
or
www.cuil.com...
Don't know if this one traces your activity. . .

Blue skies.

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 04:40 PM
link   
nvm

[edit on 1-2-2010 by LadySkadi]

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 07:23 PM
link   
@SpartanKingLeonidas-

I agree in your first attempts should all be in the interest and the name of the right thing to do.

But only your first attempts. The velvet glove must encase the titanium fist.

I will truly endeavor to devour the book and links you list because I like the way you think.

My intentions are for now on the up and up. It is better to be versed in how to make yourself disappear and know how to do it then need it and have no clue how.

@C-JEAN-

Thank you. Will begin field testing the links.

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by C-JEAN

Thank you for supplying those links.

Originally posted by ripcontrol
@SpartanKingLeonidas-

I agree in your first attempts should all be in the interest and the name of the right thing to do.

But only your first attempts. The velvet glove must encase the titanium fist.

I will truly endeavor to devour the book and links you list because I like the way you think.

My intentions are for now on the up and up. It is better to be versed in how to make yourself disappear and know how to do it then need it and have no clue how.

Knowing the difference between legal means and illegal means I know what do.

For myself, it is merely keeping informed, and staying within the bounds of the law.

Anything else, well that's up to each individual, and I know my choices.

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by C-JEAN

I thought you would like this video.

Startpage's New Proxy Service!

Dr. Katherine Albrecht is leading the way.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join