It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Got Bank Stock ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 08:59 PM
link   
www.financialsense.com...

I am a newbie here and don't know how to post a hyperlink if this does not work can someone please link www.financialsense.com... these charts will probably dissapear monday.THEY WILL BLOW YOUR MIND.

Mod Edit: All Caps – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 4-7-2008 by elevatedone]

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Thanks for the edit at least some people have looked I thought the Fortis statements were some sort of war of words between European and American banks but these charts show there could be something to it.

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 04:18 AM
link   
whoa,

the author in the last paragraph would not be astonished if the DOW headed lower to the 7,500 level at the bottom of this Bear market.

up before the last 4 graphs, the author also says for investors that use the strategy of bottom feeding.. better look real close at your entry point...
as the credit card and construction loan lending have not run their course yet,
& to expect more downside.. my guess another -30% decline in value

thanks,

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Thanks for posting this. It saves easily in Word for future reference if there's a concern it's going to "go away".

I wonder how safe regular savings accounts are. I mean, if these banks collapse, our money isn't too safe. Any advice on that? I mean, should we really be looking to convert to gold?

Any thoughts?

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 10:19 AM
link   
This is the reason why my dad always said never trust a bank at all with your money. I cant believe its going this fast they said in a few weeks I figured at least another month but this is happening now.

Hilda

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

With banks there is usually what is called a statuatory reserve deposit,a percentage that they must keep on hand to cover people who want to withdraw savings ;the problem is if you give the bank $1000.00 and its statuatory reserve deposit is say 10 percent it can then lend $900.00 and this loan becomes an 'asset' taking value to $1900-so $900.00 has been created out of thin air in return the bank often will get a real physical asset as security such as real estate or a car but at the moment with real estate prices plumetting their security value is worth a lot less.

Very simply put a bank could not service a run on funds as a large percentage of its assets are not liquid ,your only hope is a government guarantee even then you may only initially get cents in the dollar.

As for gold in a national emergency the government would confiscate it anyway however some gold and silver coin could be useful especially as the IRS has to honour only the face value,not the true worth of the coin,best would be to have items on hand you can trade or barter with but don't go overboard I don't think the world is about to collapse but there could be a tougher period ahead.

top topics

join