It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if "9/11" had never happened?

page: 1/

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 07:18 PM
link   
I will always remember the night of September 10th. I was newly discharged from the Marines, in San Diego, and about to start my first real semester of college. I had just been offered some great weekend work in Las Vegas, and my only worry was that I had just watched my team, (the Denver Broncos) lose a key player, Ed Mccaffrey. (with his severely broken leg.)

Tuesday, Sept. 11th, 2001, I awoke to my phone ringing, and answered it. It was almost exactly 7 a.m., and it was my sister. Both her and my father worked less than one building away from the WTC site, but on opposite sides.

My sister was hysterical, and was saying that she loves me, and that there were terrorists crashing planes all over the country. She feared she was going to die, and only wanted to say goodbye. I heard what turned out to be the first collapse in the background, some screaming, and static. We lost connection almost immediately after, and I ran to my television.

Turning on CNN, I was greeted with the sadness of watching one's own hometown burn. Interesting how something I ignored on the skyline will always be the part I remember.

I ran and woke neighbors, anyone who was home. We all gathered at our wealthy neighbors, a guy with the biggest T.V. available. We all sat in shocked silence, for what was the third such event in my life. (the shuttle challenger, the 1st gulf war)

I later learned that my family was safe, (but trapped), although not everyone I knew was.

I almost immediately reenlisted, but was hit by a car just days after.

I remember everything that has changed since that day, and I can't even remember the world before.

I just seem to get stuck on that one 3rd down play involving Ed McCafferey.

So what would have happened if the hijackers had failed? What if one of those tiny things that can change life had gone the other way, dooming the attacks and stopping that day?

Would the disclosure project have gotten off the ground?
Would George Bush have balanced the budget?
Would we be paying $5 a gallon for gas?
Would Katrina still have been Katrina?
Would we be better off or worse?
Would another attack have come anyway?
Would Obama stand a chance?
Would Bush have been re-elected?
Would ATS even exist?
Would the patriot act exist in some form?
Would Israel and Iran be at it again?
There are so many things to consider, especially in the way this attack affected every part of our lives. I know that I have only touched the tip above, but thats the point right?

I used to think there was no way this could have been a conspiracy; But when you really see all that has happened, you see why it would have been worth it to certain parties.

I just feel like we are a part of history that most will only view by one date. When so many things have changed...

[edit on 5-7-2008 by jasonjnelson]

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by jasonjnelson

More importantly, do we have a choice whether it happens or not? How does the Government know we will go along with the 'plan'?
Why do people accept what happened, ... happened?
Why then, are people labeled as crazy for believing any alternative?

If there were no 911, you guys would have a new president by now - I would bet my mortgage on it. Thats a whole new topic that one!!

Edit: 911: thats when the bad guys took over your World!

Breifne

[edit on 4-7-2008 by Breifne]

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 07:31 PM
link   

WOW,powerful OP,star from me!To answer your question in one sentence:
Yes ATS would still exist since it did before 9/11,and if 9/11 didn't happen there would be no Iraq war or 4 dollar a gallon gas.~JKrog

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Breifne

So do you think that there would have just been another 9/11 type of event?

I should add this. I spent an entire day with a Marine Major who I won't name. This man was a reserve officer headed back to Iraq, doing high profile security on his off months. He was a secret service agent in the WTC buildings, and was buried in the rubble of both buildings. (he escaped the first to be buried again in the second.) This man was highly honored, and his picture graced many magazines for his heroism.

This man swore to me that he never heard anything to support the claim that the secret service had anything to do with anything, and this was terrorist based only. But who pulls those strings? Maybe 9/11 was real, but maybe only real to a certain point, no?

Anyhow, it doesn't change the fact that it seems as though it was only a matter of time before something triggered these events that followed. Whether it be illegal immigration, or home grown terrorism.

I hate that I can't trust my government, when I am so damned proud to be an American.

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Being a patriot doesn't mean following blindly every dictate, edict, memo
and spin the the Administration releases. They have an agenda and the taxpayers, individually or as a group are purposely kept in the dark.

I think the main plan has to do with the neo-cons and the NAU and PNAC.
oldamericancentury.org...
www.humanevents.com...

Jason you are not alone....

www.patriotsquestion911.com...

[edit on 4-7-2008 by whaaa]

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 08:30 PM
link   
I'll take this further...

Would we still tie up ribbons, to honor our soldiers?
Would all of america, love NYFD the way they love the Yankees?
Would patriotism be a question in the election?
Would we fear Arabs and Muslims the way we do now?

Does anyone really remember what it was like before 9/11?

Does anyone remember when we questioned the rights of the government, without worrying they might trace our IPs?

Do you remember when we could complain about how they treated us on airplanes?
When customer service mattered more than their fear that I might have a shoe bomb?

Does it really matter if we "win" the war on terror?
Will the world ever return to what it was like before 9/11?

Was this all just a part of the NWO? Really?

[edit on 4-7-2008 by jasonjnelson]

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Whaa:Great post,starred.(No hard feelings over our lil' debate about mystery metal right?)

OP:Man you are a soldier(were) and STILL think this,we need more people like you to revolt against our tyrannous US government.Ive added you as friend and starred your thread!

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 08:43 PM
link   
9-11 is in the bible.

See rev 11 about an ascending into heaven (the sky) in a cloud.

^^That's what airplanes do. The bible didnt instruct any plans it revealed what was going to occur as apart of a program put in certain ppl so that certain things get done as a higher authority wants them to.

So all in all there is no way it wouldnt have happened. This also reveals that things will come true in some way of the things mentioned in the bible. Some of us get bored and want something big to happen, be it biblical related or not. Death is not a bad thing because we are already dead waiting to be revived in another place.

What will happen next the bible says you should follow my previous threads if you want to take a look see.

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Firstly, I respect your post and your judgement. I certainly do not question your patriotism. I have mine for my country as you do yours.

However, I have my views on what happened that day. I certainly do not forget the 3000 people that lost their lives to that event.

Nevertheless, 911 was an attack waiting to happen. The US received adequate warning; it had more than adequate protection; it had the greatest concentration of protection based on the East coast and a President that had been briefed on the possibility of such an attack. The people you put in place to defend your country failed you (directly or indirectly), yet you still protect them?

If 911 never occurred, the US administration or the military industrial complex would simply invent something else in its place. Its sad to say, that America without war seems to be a lost soul, there's no number 1; there's no military challenge; there's no pride in the system - it's inbred.

911 was a catalyst for other, more sinister plots to thicken. I am sure you will agree that it still leaves a sour taste in the mouth. The inactions of the US government leave a much bitter taste.

Such an event ranks up there with the murder of JFK and what the whole scenario stands for, IMHO.

Breifne.

[edit on 4-7-2008 by Breifne]

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 09:52 PM
link   
While I agree that I feel sick when I look at some of the threads on this site, and read verifiable proof that these conspiracies have been carried out in the past, and will continue in the future. Wether it be for money, or votes, or power, it all comes down to CONTROL.

This is not an anti-anything rant.

There is the question that no one has sufficiently answered.

What would the world be like if 9/11 never happened, and can anyone remember before it did, what it was like?

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 10:36 PM
link   

There is the question that no one has sufficiently answered.

What would the world be like if 9/11 never happened, and can anyone remember before it did, what it was like?

It was a better place before and still would be if it didn't happen.

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 12:15 AM
link   

I remember exactly what it was like...

I was 21 at the time, and it was the age where i mastered the art of partying and constantly meeting new people.
I remember having the distinct feeling that i love this world, i love being alive and im so fortunate to be born in the west.
The music was happier too.
I have plenty of Muslim friends and there was nothing "radical" about them, just equally up for a laugh as me.
I never even heard of radical "radical" Islam, only a few bits here and there but it seemed like everything was under control, it wasn't anything worth getting that frightened about.
The worst thing, it seemed, was that "millenium bug" palava, and even that felt like a laugh (in a anarchy kind of way).
Being a victim of racism when i was younger,
i felt like things were finally getting better, cultures were mixing and there was some kind of unity. I never ever had a corrupted thought about anybody.
I was "becoming an adult" and it felt like the times were good...

Then it all changed...

When i saw and heard George Bush address the nation after 9/11, i became a totally different person.
It was at this time when i truly realised he was "old" Bush's son...

If 9/11 never happened;
The world population would be a bit higher...
I would have more friends...
You could watch the TV without questioning it...
"Maybe" more focus and attention would be paid to the poverty in the third world...
I wouldn't feel like a "truther" or outsider...
I would be able to concentrate on my career without fearing i might lose it...
Life generally would be happier...

I wish i had a time machine...

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 12:57 AM
link   
reply to post by v4vendetta

I had a different sort of childhood, and although I now have a set of loving parents, this wasn't always the case. When I went into the Marines, I had multiple reasons for doing so, but one of them was escape. When I ended my service, I had yet to experience a peaceful time in my life, and had looked forward to the happiness of being a college student in San Diego.

After 9/11, that all changed. The jobs went away, and for someone with my MOS, there was little to look for. I had one bad semester, and then found myself divorced, in debt, and longing to be happy and stable.

I have bounced all around California, far away from home. I felt like all of the sunshine had left this state.

The police state that followed 9/11 has been supplied by our long term wars in the middle east, and a local society that purges their anger with a diet of celebrity gossip and global warming fear-mongering.

There is no happiness any more. We fear each other.

I have forgotten the joys of traveling, going out, and being an American.

I am not alone.

I think this is how they want us to feel. 9/11 was the final nail in the coffin, one that was started with the assassination of Abraham Lincoln, and furthered through JFK and John Lennon. It has completed with the Bush's, Clinton's, and now whomever is the last to be our president.

There is a conspiracy, and sometimes I almost wonder about those in the religious forum.

It's suiting that they canceled the fireworks here, as we lay under the pall of a smoke filled sky; I wonder if the light of liberty and freedom has been snuffed out in this country. I feel like we are now stumbling around in the dark.

Right where they want us, so that we confuse their torches for that light we once had.

[edit on 5-7-2008 by jasonjnelson]

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 01:29 AM
link   
You are definately not alone Bruv!!! Dont ever think that you are! There are a lot of intelligent people out there, its all about connecting them together!
We can still salvage something out of this madness!

The more time passes, the harder it will be to persucute "them", its already been ages. BBC have announced they may "solve" building 7! After all this time?!!?!?!
It just makes me think even more that something stinks!

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 06:06 AM
link   
reply to post by v4vendetta

Nut I don't just think it's about 9/11. That was a trigger to set in place laws, many of which have yet to be enforced. I guess I was just happy before I realized conspiracies were not a thing of the past.

I was happier before I realized that my carefree times are an ancient relic overnight.

That I have to now defend my country based on the actions of a few.

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 02:42 PM
link   
I hate to bump and run, but I really wanted some feedback on this one....

Not a one line thread bump!

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Reply to v4vendetta:

I was 21 at the time, and it was the age where i mastered the art of partying and constantly meeting new people.
I remember having the distinct feeling that i love this world, i love being alive and im so fortunate to be born in the west.
The music was happier too.
I have plenty of Muslim friends and there was nothing "radical" about them, just equally up for a laugh as me.
I never even heard of radical "radical" Islam, only a few bits here and there but it seemed like everything was under control, it wasn't anything worth getting that frightened about.
The worst thing, it seemed, was that "millenium bug" palava, and even that felt like a laugh (in a anarchy kind of way).
Being a victim of racism when i was younger,
i felt like things were finally getting better, cultures were mixing and there was some kind of unity. I never ever had a corrupted thought about anybody.
I was "becoming an adult" and it felt like the times were good...

I'll finish that for you if I may: "Times were good......and then Bush took over."

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 07:32 PM
link   
We'll if it didn't happen.

Some people wouldn't have to worry about having their pockets stuffed full of steroids while trying to wait for the line crossing the tijuana border back into San Diego.

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 08:32 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

join