It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

get it through your skull, GAMES CANT CHEAT

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 07:08 PM
link   
ok, i was playing starcraft on battlenet a couple days ago, and in under five minuets a player was overrun by zerglings, and before he left he said this

"goddamn cheating computers, **** stupid *** cheating computers, I'm never playing again"

so, i hunted him down, and told him that computers cant cheat, and in response i got a rather nasty reply, i cant say what was in it, but it was quite bad, so here i am saying, to all you gamers who lose at a game, GAMES CANT CHEAT, the problem is YOU not the game, either you suck at the game, or you have the difficulty set way too high, don't blame the game, if its your error.

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 07:14 PM
link   
OH YES THEY DO...

Playing Call of Duty 4 (single play)my team just started running into each other leaving me to do all the shooting.. and when that didn't stop me..the ground disappeared and left me falling through space..

It did it deliberately coz I was kickin it's ash..

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 08:17 PM
link   
When I was playing COD4 a few month back I decided to do it on veteran...BIG MISTAKE! at one point I must of killed about 200 enemies and they just kept coming it was like a shooting gallery! I'm sitting there thinking damn there comminting every enemy in the game in this stand off! anywayz after doing this for about 40 minutes they finally stop coming so I venture out and I get whacked from behind! Cant repeat what I said other than "them cheating...
!!!"

To make matters worse I didn't even get my achievment when I finally completed the damn thing! :bnghd:

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Play COD4 online against good players with the PAM4 mod if you want to improve.

It removes all perks and the lame weapons (such as clays, p90, rpg etc). Once you get good enough to have a 1:1 kill/death ratio you'll blitz the single player.

I finished it on veteran without dying simply because I got used to the guns, the game mechanics, priming 'nades and the use of cover.

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 09:14 PM
link   
I used to play online all the time then had to stop when I changed internet connections and the lag started to set in. I got pretty good to my kill/death ratio was about 1:0.75

Theres nothing worse than emptying a full clip at someone and it having no effect...then gettin knifed off that same person lol! After that I called it quits and haven't been back on it. Got rid of the xbox and never looked back

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 04:12 AM
link   
lol a cheating comp isnt always bad. the new game coming out in october, left 4 dead, the ai spawns the zombies to keep you on your toes at all times. that means the zombies wont spawn in the same place every time so you cant run through and go, "they are gonna spawn there after we pass so and so". the game could decide that youre doing too well and just beat the crap outta you with 1000 zombies! lol. i guess a closer to home example would be fighting games
like old school street fighter 2. the first couple of fights are easy, and then by fight 3 the computer uses every trick in the book!

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 04:15 AM
link   
reply to post by fooffstarr

i dont remember, is pam4 the mod like hardcore and respawning like cs? because if i wanted instakills and waiting on respawning.. id PLAY cs:s. closer servers... more players.. simpler gameplay... etc. i havent played cod4 in a few weeks though. got really tired of the constant nade spamming with marty and the extra nades perk.

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 05:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Question Fate

PAM4 only works on Search & Destroy mode, which is the bomb plant/defuse style.

It is the mod/game type that is being used for tournament play such as the World Cyber Gamers etc.

I really can't play on normal public servers anymore. I get so angry at the (excuse me using this overused and ugly word) noobs who have their silenced p90 + 3x frag + double tap + last stand/martyr.

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 10:35 AM
link   
as i said before, games cant cheat, there could be a glitch or a scratch on the disc, but games can NOT cheat, its game physics, plain and simple

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 06:43 PM
link   
I like to play online games, but they can be stressful at times. Also quite alot of people do cheat. In FPS games like UT2004, some people use aiming bots, so they basically can't miss and in games like PES6, they resort to other methods, so that they always win. I find counter strike really annoying sometimes. Don't know why but sometimes I just can't seem to hit a barn door with a shotgun from 5 yards out. One time I crept up behind someone and emptied my entire magazine into the back of their head, only for them to turn around, shoot me and I'm dead, wtf! what's going on...
I guess maybe sometimes it's caused by lag, other times I don't have a clue.....:bnghd:

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by kindred

source is terrible for multiplayer, plain and simple. thats why no good mods are out at all, and hl2 has been out for years now.

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 08:57 PM
link   
I disagree. My games cheat all the time, especially when I'm winning. It's enough to turn me into a drinker! lol:w:

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Well I'm not too sure they can't.. Sometimes it seems the enemy AI has an auto-aimer , and can see through walls.

But when someone gets mad at a game it makes them feel better to say they cheated

-Will

[edit on 5-7-2008 by Basilis]

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Sometimes when retrying an area after dying, it seems the game WILL make it tougher on you, almost as if punishing you for dying. Don't know if it's because patience is running thin or it's not as much fun to retry something for the tenth time, or what, but sometimes it does seem like the game is making it harder than it was the first time through!

top topics

join