It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can anyone explain how the US got this bad?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by hugeflail

Who is out to ruin the country though and what are they gaining by doing it? What do you see as the long term objective?

The global elites.

Control over the nation's resources, including the human resource.

Absolute power.

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Incarnated

I got where I am now from the sweat off my brow and some blood to boot. No one ever gave me chance. I made it here without stepping on anyone and without stabbing anyone in the back.

Lucky for you. I've been working since I was fourteen, doing all the jobs you listed and more. Now I'm homeless again, and I never splurged on a new car or a big TV. In fact, I've only had cable TV in my name once, for less than a year. So I would hardly say the divergence in our stories is based upon living beyond my means.

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

Congrats, your #1 reason is spot on as the Brits would say. If someone did develop a useable form of alternative energy they would definately get the dreaded knock at the door. Have you read the postings on the two young Frenchman students who were murdered. One was studying a parasite that kills human fetuses. Some have speculated months ago about the existence of such a parasite, and it being of ET origin. Such story lines are common on the late tv show X-Files.
There was an american scientist who was working on cold fusion who was murdered, I think he was on c2c a few times. I believe someone was arrested for the murder, but the suspect seemed the common fall guy type.

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by devareous

Less chance of being sent to prison if you live in China. Everyone gets to go to the doctor in Canada and Europe. Believe me, there are a lot of examples when you take the patriot blinders off. Besides, "not so bad" isn't good enough when people are living in the streets, sick, dieing, and killing eachother trying to get by.

EDIT to add: Your apathy is why we are where we are today. YOU are what is wrong with America.

[edit on 7/5/0808 by jackinthebox]

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Dermo

What you see as the end is really just the beginning. The beginning of empire, and the death of republic.

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by ALLis0NE

People are busy living, trying to enjoy life with freedom, trying to work and make money for their families and for themselves, and move on up.

I'm afraid it goes well beyond that though. In order to be a "good citizen" we are told to keep up with the Jones'. In the meantime, it now takes both parents working sixty hours a week to have what a man could earn for his family working a nine-to-five just decades ago.

What non-specialized job can you think of today, with a regular work-week, that would pay for a house and family?

There was once a time where a teenager could get a job packing groceries at a supermarket, and turn it into a career. Hardly the case today. My girlfriend, for example, has been working at a supermarket for the past seven years, and still does not earn enough to support her own apartment, much less a house or children.

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Things that are bad about America are that way because this whole thing has been rotton from the beginning.
The United States have always been a British corperation. This was done between George III and various of his agents ( Jefferson, Hamilton, Franklin, etc.) ; these agents agreed to manage the place for a bigger piece of the pie, that's all.
We all rent, no matter what we think we own.

I don't say I know why, but the British ( London's the capital of the old Europe dynasty ) want to:
Bring in millions of uneducated immigrants into Europe and the US.
Cause the world to despise the US
Distract everyone with constant wars over a resource that they ( British ) have owned ever since they were throwing buckets of money at the Rockafellers and Due Ponts to get the petroleum industry started
They ( British ) named most of the oil- producing countries in the middle east ( think Iran, Iraq etc. ).
Back to the thread...
People like to talk about when it happened
Civil War: no more really big sole proprietors
Incorperations of 1877, Teapot Dome ( did we sell the farm? )
Ah... the Federal Reserve, 1913.
Nope.
It was rotten from the very beginning.
Just ask the Navasots- oh yeah, they're all dead.
At first- they tried to 'relocate' those who were in the way f clearing the King's forest...
But as Eichman would say in Tel Aviv: ' that just wasn't effective...'
Trail of tears
Oklahoma!
In my home state, there were a hundred or so different cultures.
Only one ( Comanche ) survives, and they are all on a rez in Oklahoma, I think.
This was long before George W. Bush ( though his first name fits ) , or the Fed.

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by saturnine_sweet

Star for you. It is indeed quite nearsighted to blame our woes solely on Bush. There were others before him.

And of course, there is this to consider...

Illegitimate Federal Government and the Rule of Martial Law in the United States

[edit on 7/5/0808 by jackinthebox]

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by jackinthebox

Indeed, others before him and there will be plenty more after him if we continue to fall for the corporate government's shananigans (sp?).

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by alienstar

The US is bad now? I mean, sure, we have our problems in these modern times - but we're not teetering on the edge of collapse the way we were in WWII. We're not putting Muslim people in detention camps en~mass the way we did to the Japanese Americans. We no longer condone slaves or slave owners anymore. Jim Crowe has been abolished. Our women are equals to us now. We're not at the depths of a economic crisis anywhere near the scale of the Great Depression. Our midwest isn't a giant dustbowl anymore. Our politics is corrupt, but then - when has it ever not been? We're not (despite what other's say) anywhere near a state of Civil War which threatens to tear this country apart. We're not under martial law. We're nowhere near the state of paranoid fear that gripped us during the days of McCarthyism. We've just reaffirmed our right to own and carry firearms. Crime is high, but has been on a downtrend since the 70's. We no longer have barbaric public executions where whole families go down to the courthouse to enjoy a day of hangin's. Our lives are much more comfortable, convenient, and healthier.

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 04:46 PM
link   
The USA is in trouble because the US Executive Branch and the Legislative Branch are owned by the Rothschild's and the Bilderbergers.

The plan is not only to destroy the USA, but the goal is to entirely destroy the political order around the world so that the Bilderbergers (with the Rothschilds at the helm) can then come in with a unified economic system and world currency that will look like salvation from heaven for most earthlings.

It will be a trap, but out of desperation many will do whatever the Bilderbergers say.

Also, the Rothschilds and their friends/lackeys will be buying up the wreckage of the world's economies so they can control more absolutely the entire world.

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by jackinthebox

Believe me, there are a lot of examples when you take the patriot blinders off. Besides, "not so bad" isn't good enough when people are living in the streets, sick, dieing, and killing eachother trying to get by.

When has it EVER been ANY other way in ANY nation on the Earth? There has always be poor, impoverished, criminals, sickly, and destitute. And no, we don't have greater numbers of them now. You'd a damned fool if you think otherwise.

Milton was right when he said "The mind is it's own place, and in itself can make a heav'n of hell - a hell of heav'n." However, we live in neither hell nor heaven. We live in reality. I really wish people would start seeing it for what it really is... and if they don't like it, then for god's sake go out and do something to make it better. No, they'd rather sit online with a defeatist attitude griping about how much the times we live in suck. Life has always sucked for the vast majority. People really think this is a new phenomena? Get over yourselves.

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 04:52 PM
link   
people are acting as if this is the worst the usa has ever been in lol what about the 60's, what the carter admin and the oil shortage then, what about the crashes of 32? and 87, what aboutduring the big wars..my friends we have been through alot and weve come out of it even stroinger so lets not stick a fork in us just yet

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Lasheic

We no longer condone slaves or slave owners anymore.

Do you really believe that? You are the private property of the Federal Reserve Bank, put up as collateral against the US bankruptcy of 1933. Your SS number and your name printed in caps, identifies you as chattle. Still think slavery isn't condoned?

Our women are equals to us now.

Oh, happy day. Equal tax revenues for the Fed. Equal enough to abandon the needs of our children. Equal enough to be REQUIRED out of necessity now to be in the workplace.

www.abovetopsecret.com...'

We're not under martial law.

Yes we are.

www.abovetopsecret.com...'

We're nowhere near the state of paranoid fear that gripped us during the days of McCarthyism.

The Patriot Act is the product of the paranoid fear you are not seeing. The fear to speak out and be labeled a "conspiracy wacko." Warrantless wiretaps and bag searches. If not for the fear that you say doesn't exist, then why the violations of our rights?

We've just reaffirmed our right to own and carry firearms.

I'll give you that one, for now. Wait til next term to see what happens with that.

Crime is high, but has been on a downtrend since the 70's.

We keep more people in prison than any other nation on the planet, including Communit China with their enormous population.

We no longer have barbaric public executions where whole families go down to the courthouse to enjoy a day of hangin's.

No, instead we have public executions in the streets by cops and criminals alike.

Our lives are much more comfortable, convenient, and healthier.

I'd hardly say that life is comfortable or convenient for the one in eight Americans living below the poverty line. And healthier? For who, the few people who can afford healthcare? Then there is our "healthy" food supply...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Lasheic

Life has always sucked for the vast majority. People really think this is a new phenomena? Get over yourselves.

Well, if you're content to suck, that's your perogative.

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Lasheic

Milton was right when he said "The mind is it's own place, and in itself can make a heav'n of hell - a hell of heav'n." However, we live in neither hell nor heaven. We live in reality. I really wish people would start seeing it for what it really is...

“By the skillful and sustained use of propaganda, one can make a people see even heaven as hell or an extremely wretched life as paradise”
-Adolf Hitler

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 05:17 PM
link   
I dont think its fair at all saying American people did it.Yeah please blame our government sure.But to give blame to 290 million innocent people is wrong.LOL i left out the other 10000 for idiots who run our country.

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Lasheic

Listen i think im average intelligence...and i can see it for myself changes that are showing us going down.Not only the media wants to play the fiddler,but seems like every non american wants to rub it in.

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by alienstar

My thoughts on how things got so damn bad in America are as follows. There is more but you probably know the rest becuase you are presently living it.

For many reasons the whole 9/11 thing seems to make sense on the surface. But if you look at some facts it all seems to fall in place with the Iraq war. Our government needed and wanted a war and they needed to have the proof to sell the American people on that war.

Now - there were only two countries that did not go along with the "Petrol Dollar" when America presented it to the world, per the US and Arabian agreement -they were Iran and Iraq. Isn't that interesting. Suddam was starting to trade his oil with the Euro. And isn't that interesting also. Could this whole thing be about the US dollar and oil - yep.

Now Suddam was a worthless ass and treated his people with an iron fist - and his two hated sons also. So what our government needed was to connect the dots. Via the CIA. Cheney signed into the CIA somewhere around 30 times - on record so I am told. A TV documentary on this issue interviewed about 5 CIA intelligence people that were being pressured to come up with anything to be able to point the fingure at Suddam. Some wanted to resign but hung there becuase they had so much time invested in the job. There were told to find something - and mean find something right now. Isn't Cheney a neat guy - he knows how to get things done. The documentary said that in the history of the CIA a vice president has never gotten involved period with the CIA, let alone sign in for 30 visits.

So you see we are in Iraq and draining the American dollar to the limit. This was and is the issue that started some hurting for America. We are in much much more trouble than most Americans have any idea of. I have said for months I do not know what is holding up the stock market. It is like someone is just plugging in false numbers to feed the sheep in America. Our govenment is broken and needs fixing badly. There are other threads that are addressing this issue. This may be the year of some very ugly happenings in America.

You can blame Bush and Cheney all you want but our congress is equally worthless. Congress has alot of power and doesn't use it for the benefit of the American people, or they abuse the hell out of it. Let me just say that allowing any American company to out source needed industry should be called treason period. Even if it were legal it should of had some limits for God sakes.

You will never get the real figures from our government on unemployment. It is so much worse then they are telling us. Where are the figures for the people that collected all of thier unemployment benefits and still couldn't get a job - where are those figures. Or did they mysteriously get a job and the government hasn't told us. There are places already that a 10% unemployment rate and climbing.

Hold onto your ass - it is going to get interesting to say the least. Good luck to all of us. We are going to need it.

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 11:32 AM
link   
study BRIAN GERRISH - UK, should you want to have the whole, sordid truth. In the interim ~

How much Ritalin did the boy (Mark Dean Schwab) get forced into, at a young age in school? Or, how many drugs did the boy take to stop his "hyperactivity" in GRADE SCHOOL!?

And then the next question to ask the attorney STUDSTILL - why do people like Condi Rice think about BIOWEAPONS, when the Cambodians think that the "Resurrection" syndrome they've just discovered is a life gift.

Condi rushed the UN bioweapons secret police to Cambodia to act as if their discovery of the "Resurrection" occurring was a US top secret discovery.

Hmmm, maybe the QUESTION IS:

YOUNG HUMANS KILLING LITTLE CHILDREN?

Has the US secret police, also been involved in, creating such weapons of mass destruction - CHILD KILLERS, like the poor wretch SCHWAB, whose life may very well have already been lost, in grade school?

It is a question we need to ask since there have been far too many young humans indiscriminately killing and so far, the drug trace is grade school for ADD and ADHD and so on.

Look at every MASS KILLING and other CHILD MURDER. Should a young human be involved ... 9 times out of 10 and I'd bet 10 out of 10 -- were those poor children whose brains were used as experiments beginning in 1974, from all the wonderful CORPORATIONS (many who wrote the WMD papers).

Think about it for just a few minutes.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join