It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man, my choices suck. Who would you like to vote for?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 01:19 AM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

So, somebody is still dreaming of the Soviet States of America...

You know, as well as I do, that McCain is no puppet. His record clearly shows is independent stance, even in his own Party.

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 01:25 AM
link   
Since we're talking about voting for anyone who is or is not running for president I would have loved to see Ron Paul run as an independent. Although since he dropped out of the race i'll have to go with None of the above and go for Dennis Kucinich. None of the 2 evils

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 02:41 AM
link   
It's an illusion to think we have only two choices just because the two major parties say so.

We can all vote for anybody on election day. The problem isn't the candidates, it's the mindless trance that 100's of millions of people are in, and that they refuse to break out of.

I'm going to vote for Ron Paul because he's the only candidate who's had the balls to tell the truth. If the voters had as much balls as Ron Paul he'd win.

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 04:19 AM
link   
reply to post by jamie83

How are you voting for Ron Paul???
Is he even on the ballot?

Just checking. Is he running as an independent?

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 04:21 AM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

Isn't Ralph Nader also running? Not sure but I think he is going to be on the ballot...((?))

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 08:03 PM
link   
I am goind to vote for Alan Keys. He is now running as a member of the Constitution Party. He could do a lot of good for this country and I think he would steal most of the Black vote from Obama, only if more people knew he was running.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 06:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by NorthWolfe CND
How are you voting for Ron Paul???
Is he even on the ballot?

From what I understand, the only way to vote for him in my state is to do so on absentee ballot - and that's how I'll be voting as well - RON PAUL via absentee ballot.

(I'd love to see Ron Paul with VP Ben Stein! )

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
I've seen this on the board, people believe(rightly so imo) that the choices in this election as less than stellar. I'm not limiting this to conservatives but they seem the most put off by the choices presented to them. Obama, no way. McCain, lesser of two evils. So my Rep. friends, who do wish was on the ticket? Why?

Excellent topic and something that needed to be asked. As a conservative republican, I am very displeased we ended up with McCain and can't help but ask, 'How did this happen?'

99.9% of the republicans I talk to (whether or not they lean towards liberal or conservative issues) are very 'Ho-hum. Whatever.' when it comes to McCain. What you said is true:

Obama: Absolutely not.
McCain: I guess.

So how did he make it so far when the people in his own party can't even get excited over him. It puts us in a very sad predicament because now republicans will simply vote for him just because they would rather vote for a rep instead of a dem. That's sad to simply go with your party over the issues or decide on the lesser of two evils.

To answer your question, I was pulling for Ron Paul... and so was just about every other human being I have talked to in person, seen on the Internet, or read in a blog.

The whole thing leads me to believe it's one big fat set-up that was rigged from the beginning.

Rant over.

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 11:18 AM
link   
If I could vote for someone else, I'd probably go back to my first choice in the primaries, that being Fred Thompson. He'd have been a good, conservative president, but unfortunately, wasn't much of a campaigner.

McCain? Whatever. I agree with him on probably two thirds to three quarters of the issues. Close enough, even though I have some serious disagreements with him as well.

Obama? No, absolutely not. He's one of the very few candidates the Dems could have run that would've made me willingly vote for Hillary if the two could somehow run against each other in the general election.

[edit on 21-7-2008 by vor78]

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by DimensionalDetective
Only two folks left that I would even consider casting a ballot for:

Ron Paul and Dennis Kucinich.

These are the only two guys left standing who even give a crap about the rule of law and the principles this country was founded on.

McSame and Obama = Mega Corps / Bilderbergers dream come true.

Get ready for another 4 years of Elitist special-interests, uninterrupted.

Well said. I can't get enough of Kucinich and Paul speaking about the state of the union, especially at this juncture. Kudos to Paul for campaigning as Republican vs independent. I wouldn't be a fan of the amount of "level headed" votes being used up if he were to run as an independent.

Regardless of what happens it's a sad state of affairs. Being in Canada, I can appreciate, as I'm sure Intrepid can, the degree we're affected by your election. Essentially more than our own affects us.

Like I've said before, the system is too inanely corrupt and the oversight responsible for quashing that corruption is even worse. It would never allow a Ron Paul type to become commander-in-chief.

As someone mentioned, going with the lesser of the two evils is always necessary. The old saying, "the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors", rings true now more than ever.

-SB

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 12:13 PM
link   
I'm going to do a write in vote for Bill 'n' Opus. They are the ones we need leading this country.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 02:05 AM
link   
I was looking for a thread like this so I didnt have to start my own!

Great! So here we go!

Okay I am a republican! However I will not be voting for McCain!

I will be voting for Barack Obama!

Why is that you ask? Well simple.
Sarah Palin frightens me!! She is no where near being ready for the task of VP of the USA!
Honestly she is no where near the type of person who would stand for anything I belive in.
First of all, she is a double standard. She is a right wing, Fundalmentalist!
While in reality she has a 17 year old daughter knocked up!

You really think she can handle the VP of the USA if she can not be the type of person she proclaims to be?
Yes Im basing most of my thought directly from Sarah.
I do not like her.. I do not think she is anywhere near ready for the job of VP!

If McCain would have gone for someone much better I would have considered him for atleast a minute or two.

But this Choice of Sarah put him down the drain as far as Im concerned.

And thats just my feeling.. No reason to debate me. Or flame me.
Its just that simple.. Its one mans feeling, and nothing anyone says or does will change my feeling.

Yet at the end of the day.. No matter who wins this.. WE all lose.

No matter who wins this.. It will still be another puppet of the same shadow government who is ruling right now!

So why bother with writting this out, or give my feelings on who I would vote for? Hmmm I ask myself some good questions..
Because honestly I think it comes down to just wanting to get it off my chest in a public forum.

So much talk about this and that.. Who do you like better Ty? Well now that its off my chest maybe I can move on and get into something else that is more hopeful..

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 03:09 AM
link   
Can someone explain how McCain is the "better of two evils"? (seriously)

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 08:42 AM
link   
I personally believe Mitt Romney would make an exceptional President. He has strong conservative credentials, well-versed on economic issues, strong on defence and has a great sense of humour too. His speech at the RNC was exceptional and quite inspiring. Romney 2012 i say!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join