It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man, my choices suck. Who would you like to vote for?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 03:59 PM
link   
I've seen this on the board, people believe(rightly so imo) that the choices in this election as less than stellar. I'm not limiting this to conservatives but they seem the most put off by the choices presented to them. Obama, no way. McCain, lesser of two evils. So my Rep. friends, who do wish was on the ticket? Why?

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

I think we'd do better this year by just picking some average Joe or Jo-Ette off the street and making them President then the two clowns that are running now.

I'm so disgusted with politicians that even, as you're suggesting Intrepid, that we could choose anyone we'd want, I can't say that I can think of a single person out of the heap on either side I'd choose right now...but if I think of one, I will come back and post it!

This has got to be the most disheartening election year I can remember, and that's saying something!

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Intrepid, let me share with you a Greek philosophy about politics. After all Greece invented democracy so they have a little head start on the rest of US. It's a little dirty but I will try to dance around the naughty parts.
It goes something like this:

When you vote you're not choosing between a candidate who is going to sodomize you and a candidate who is not. You are going to sodomized either way, you just vote to decide who you'd rather do it to you.
Hope I toned it down enough.

Now you may ask, "what does any of this have to do with me?"
Nothing really, I just wanted to tell the story.

Seriously, neither Obama or McCain are going to show up, deus ex machina, and save anybody. As per the above parable, it's always going to be a lesser of two evils situation.
I always try to remember that expectations are the building blocks of disappointment.

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Ron Paul and Ben Stein.

I agree with much of Ron Pauls stand on issues.
Ron Paul has much less baggage then Obama, McCain and/or Hillary.

Ben Stein is VERY good with economics AND he has a lot of common sense.

Ron Paul and Ben Stein both would be okay for Commander in Chief. Obama (severe inexperience and a complete boob) and McCain (major temper problems) ... NO WAY do I want them telling Generals and Commanders how to run the military.

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 04:18 PM
link   
I'm not sure if Rep. friends means 'republican friends'
but ill chime in anyways

You hear this argument EVERY election.

"the choices suck"

Its because politicians suck.
If a 'average guy' ran for president, nobody would vote for him.

You can prove that by looking at the write-in list for eligible candidates.

Personally, i'd like to see Ross Perot run again.
I'd vote for him

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 04:30 PM
link   
If I had my druthers I'd choose Ross Perot. He's 78 years old now, but he'd still get my vote without a moments hesitation. He's not glamorous, he's not good-looking, nor is he very suave, but he's what we need to put our country back on it's feet.

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by LLoyd45

Ok, who are you and what have you done with the real LLoyd?
Do I sense a remorseful well reprimanded Lloyd?

On Mr Perot. My parents live in Bermuda and Ross is our neighbor three houses down the road at the Mid Ocean club. Good old Ross is getting on with age these days, though he is relentless with the ladies at cocktail parties. All in good fun though. He's always loitering around our house cause he keeps wanting my mom to go on boat rides. He's a funny and odd little man, but I'm afraid that if you met him face to face, you'd realize that he is seriously coo coo. Nice man but not for pres.

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by schrodingers dog
Ok, who are you and what have you done with the real LLoyd?
Do I sense a remorseful well reprimanded Lloyd?
I'm his replacement, we had to get rid of the old one.

On Mr Perot. My parents live in Bermuda and Ross is our neighbor three houses down the road at the Mid Ocean club. Good old Ross is getting on with age these days, though he is relentless with the ladies at cocktail parties. All in good fun though. He's always loitering around our house cause he keeps wanting my mom to go on boat rides. He's a funny and odd little man, but I'm afraid that if you met him face to face, you'd realize that he is seriously coo coo. Nice man but not for pres.
If he's seriously your neighbor, give him my best the next time you see him. He's my unofficial hero, and my Mom thought he was a great man.

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by LLoyd45

He's actually the kind of man that would appreciate that sentiment from you.
Next time I visit my parents, if he's there at the time, I will try to remember.

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

Thanks, I'd really appreciate that.

Have a great Independence Day SD.

Lloyd

[edit on 7/4/08 by LLoyd45]

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 05:12 PM
link   
ron paul. wasn't gonna vote myself, but then i realized that this country and its future belongs to me and my kids just as much as those who would rather be entertained.

i vote truth and justice and what this country was founded on and i only see that in one candidate.

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Do you have dual citizenship Intrepid? I agree the choices are bleak.
It's like voting for the clown with the less makeup up on.

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by jpm1602
Do you have dual citizenship Intrepid?

Nope, just saw a itch that needed to be scratched.

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Personally I am going to be voting without holding my nose for the first time in years.

Barack Obama is the first candidate in decades I can vote for without feeling major reservations. I don't think he is a political messiah, but I think he will be a good leader for the country - as good as any we are likely to get, anyway.

And McCain, for all the ways I think he's wrong, is no George W. Bush, he's a more serious and thoughtful character than that, and he generally tries to stay on the high ground instead of going for the low blow.

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 05:41 PM
link   
No-one currently is worthy of the Presidential vote.

If Bush can survive 8 years with Jeb Bush and Diabold, (coupled with the 911 and Iraq debacles) and the American public are still voting, I'm sorry to say, the blame rest solely and squarely on the voters themselves.

Obama and McCain - if thats the best you can do, God help the rest of us!!

Breifne

[edit on 4-7-2008 by Breifne]

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 06:29 PM
link   
I'm not voting for any of the bums running. I'm writing in and voting for "NO."

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 04:21 AM
link   

I may understand how some American voters are feeling the mantle of change vs more of the same is very much a world wide trend . I don't like either of the two contenders for the job of Prime Minster of New Zealand . My plan is to vote third party and hope that National lead will shrink in the polls enough that they will have to form a government with a coalition partner.

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Only two folks left that I would even consider casting a ballot for:

Ron Paul and Dennis Kucinich.

These are the only two guys left standing who even give a crap about the rule of law and the principles this country was founded on.

McSame and Obama = Mega Corps / Bilderbergers dream come true.

Get ready for another 4 years of Elitist special-interests, uninterrupted.

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 01:08 AM
link   

I don't think the choice sucks because I don't have to choose. I will contribute to elect the best president the USA has ever had: John McCaine!!!

Ideal Ticket for a landslide victory: John McCaine/General Colin L. Powell

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 01:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Breifne

Not worthy? Have you investigated the years of public service that Senator John McCaine has given this country?

The fact that you do not agree with somebody's politics, or just don't like them, does not give you the right to tarnish that person's career.

As for your worries, I would suggest next time you vote for somebody more credible in your own country...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join