It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

McCains campaign lacks strategy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 02:42 PM
link   

McCains campaign lacks strategy

www.iht.com

McCain advisers also say they are wary of unleashing allies to attack Obama, given how some conservatives have overstepped and been criticized for racially tinged remarks.

the McCain camp's attacks on Obama have had a lurching quality
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 02:42 PM
link   
This reminds me one of those talent search TV shows.

Find the contestant best suited to be McCains next advisor!!!

All too typical in my book

www.iht.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 02:58 PM
link   
McCain did it to himself. He would rather criticize and rebuke conservatives than do the same to Obama.

McCain actually criticized a conservative who had the nerve to use Barack Hussein Obama's middle name. (I guess that was a "racially tinged" remark?) McCain set the bar, now he has to live with it.

Eagerly rebuking conservatives, yet laying off Obama is not a winning strategy.

Another terrible strategy is avoiding President Bush. The man was elected President by the American people for 2 terms, and is still a great fund-raiser.

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Is it safe to assume then, that making a negative comment about Baracks middle name is "okay"?

You dont see anything "racially wrong" with saying

"Dont vote for barack, his middle name is Hussein" ???

Im not turning this into a political debate, im just asking

Also- i do agree with you - McCain did this to himself.
Someone should teach him the time-tested ideal that

"you cant please everybody- so just please those who deserve it"

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Andrew E. Wiggin
Is it safe to assume then, that making a negative comment about Baracks middle name is "okay"?

You dont see anything "racially wrong" with saying

"Dont vote for barack, his middle name is Hussein" ???

Im not turning this into a political debate, im just asking

Also- i do agree with you - McCain did this to himself.
Someone should teach him the time-tested ideal that

"you cant please everybody- so just please those who deserve it"

All the guy did was say "Barack Hussein Obama" How can stating someone's given name be racist? How is stating someones middle name negative?

The truth is the only discussion of Obama's race has come from Obama himself. "By the way, did you notice he's black?" Barack Obama said that.

Oh and don't forget about "The Magic Negro" the liberal LA Times came up with that one. The race factor is not being brought up by conservatives, but it is being brought up by the lefties themselves.

[edit on 4-7-2008 by RRconservative]

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 03:25 PM
link   
I see.

So from your point of view "context" has nothing to do with racism.

So if i were to say

Barack HUSSEIN Obama

it'd be no different. No insinuation. No negative context.

Yah. Oookay

Regardless of that

The McCain campaign is publically saying "we need a strategy!!!"

that is the most laughable thing said so far in all of 2008.

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Andrew E. Wiggin

It's Obama's middle name, if he doesn't like why doesn't he change it? He has taken other steps to hide his "Muslim Problem", like keeping Muslims out of campaign photographs, and eagerly tells white people to move to the front to get into the photos. So why wouldn't he simply change his "offensive" middle name?

Who is it more offensive to anyway? Someone who is willing to use it, or someone wanting to hide it?

McCain was wrong to call out Bill Cunningham, for simply referring to Barack Hussein Obama by his given name. This is where his troubles with his strategists come from now.

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 03:34 PM
link   

I really don't think they're too worried about Obama at this point. They have some big bombshell up their sleeves, and their just waiting for the right time to drop it.

When Fox News starts treatung Dems in a Fair and Balanced manner..Watch out! Something sinister is afoot in the World of politics.

I heard today there is more going on with the passport file break-ins.. My guess is there Ace-in-the-hole has something to do with that. I could be wrong..

[edit on 7/4/08 by LLoyd45]

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by RRconservative

It's Obama's middle name, if he doesn't like why doesn't he change it? He has taken other steps to hide his "Muslim Problem", like keeping Muslims out of campaign photographs, and eagerly tells white people to move to the front to get into the photos. So why wouldn't he simply change his "offensive" middle name?

You wear your gross ignorance on your sleeve man. Obama never told anyone to get out of a picture, it was an r-tard that was in charge of the photoshoot. Obama denounced the actions and mended the wounds. You cant hold Obama accountable for something he has nothing to do with has done. Yes, its his middle name. Its of arabic origins. So to accentuate it in a negative context, with all the "obama is a muslim" propaganda going around, is to make a slur about his ethnic backgrounds of sorts.

You said it yourself when you admitted that you believe he has a muslim probelm
:shk:

Who is it more offensive to anyway? Someone who is willing to use it, or someone wanting to hide it?

Nobody is saying we should HIDE it. But using it negative contexts is like calling the average black guy "Tyrone" its just stupid, bigoted, and has no place anywhere. Sorry that you dont agree.

McCain was wrong to call out Bill Cunningham, for simply referring to Barack Hussein Obama by his given name. This is where his troubles with his strategists come from now.

there's nothign "simple" to it.

Words have more impact than anything else when used (im)properly.

Sorry that you disagree. But your inability to recognize how 'wrong' it was for him to use in the WAY that he did, certainly says something for your own credibility on the issue, im afraid

new topics

top topics

join