It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO was the MOON ???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Hi all this is my first thread here at ATS, So please be gentle

Ok i just found this and thought it a bit too strange.

news.bbc.co.uk...

I mean surely everyone knows the moon right.....Would it even be possible to mistake it for anything else.....Maybe he is just a very stupid person ?

Another thing, At the moment and for the last few nights i can't see the moon.... It may be that because i live in a built up area and can't see the horizons,And the moon maybe just too low for me to see ?

But i'm pretty sure i will recognise it when i do see it again

Its probably just nothing but i just found it odd and thought i'd share it.

Very Cool site BTW.

E2A Can anyone confirm if the moon was visible at that time/location

[edit on 4-7-2008 by ken10]

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Hi Ken. Welcome to ATS.

Actually, very little surprises me having been here on ATS for some time now...

As you'll find out after browsing the threads here for some time, people can and do mistake, clouds, birds, lamp posts, balloons, bushes, aircraft (conventional military/black-project and commercial jets), stars, planets, meteors, and satellites/space-junk as UFOs for aliens (and there's a whole bunch I've probably forgotten about), so it does not surprise me in the least that our very own Moon could be mistaken for one...

The general public is generally unaware of what normally occurs in the sky above their heads, so when something that would appear to be a perfectly natural occurrence to someone who takes the time to observe the sky often occurs, but is seen by someone without the experience, they might well consider it to be a UFO!

Now I know that you'd have to be pretty much living under a rock 24/7 to mistake the Moon for a UFO, but there are some people around like this, as unfortunate and frustrating for us as this might be. It's just something you have to learn to live with if you are interested in UFOs, and there's not allot you can do about it, apart from try to educate people and show them the wonders of our sky.

[edit on 4-7-2008 by C.H.U.D.]

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by ken10

just remember the goverment will say that you saw dead monkeeys in a weather balloon filled with swamp gas if it would hide what they wer really doing whether it was a ufo or a top secret aircraft

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Many Thanks for the replies,

I thought i was onto something with there not being a moon visible, So i checked the moon phase for the last couple of days and guess what ......Its a new moon ?

Unfortunately i re-read the article and what i missed was that it was actually reported in May

How do i feel now ......Dumb or what

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 06:42 PM
link   
The navy keeps tabs on predicted moon orbits. Two or three years ago the mainstream news reported a deviation in course plot with no explanation. It was only reported on for a day or two, then dropped out of sight.
I would truly like to know the extent of the deviation and any official explanation.
Then there is that Plato thing....saying it was towed in, and new.
Carl Sagan once said of the moon and its many mysteries something to the effect that the likelihood of a celestial moon in its current orbit, to blot the sun in totality perfectly is in the trillions of statistical probability.
Just my two cow cookies.

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 07:02 PM
link   
On Sept. 7, 2003 CNN ticker reported the full moon would be a full three days early reported from Naval Observatory. No explanation was ever given. Observatory site was conveniently off line that day.
High strangeness.

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 01:51 AM
link   
I see some very intriguing threads getting diced out on occasion.
Like this one. I hope there is not a conspiracy within the conspiracy.

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 02:07 AM
link   
good thread, could be MASSIVE COVERUP for aliens landing on a mountain?!

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 03:26 AM
link   
I dont think its a coverup or anything but maybe whatever the caller had seen disappeared by the time the police arrived. And after the police arrived and had a look around could only come up with that they could see the moon and that was all. Just a thought...

new topics

top topics

join