It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Protesters Disrupt Bush's July 4th Address at Monticello

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Protesters Disrupt Bush's July 4th Address at Monticello

rawstory.com

President Bush delivered a July 4th address before a naturalization ceremony for new citizens at Thomas Jefferson's home of Monticello that was repeatedly interrupted by protesters who called out "war criminal" and "impeach Bush."

According to news accounts, "shouts from protesters were heard during Bush's remarks," while a transcript notes repeated occurrences all through the speech of "Audience disturbance," "Audience interruption," and "Audience interruption continues."

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Well, even though the co-complicitory and cowardly congress may be ignoring this nation, along with their propaganda-spewing medium, The Main Stream Media, as we can see here-once in a while, people MAKE their voices heard, despite all the odds stacked against us.

I am a bit suprised that these folks got close enough to be heard, as we have seen that there are usually "Free Speech Zones" that keep this type of dissent at a far distance from the almighty rulers of the Whitehouse.

They must have forgot to set up the animal cages and barricades at this event. lol

activist David Swanson explains why he and others "interrupted Bush at Monticello."

"When Bush opened his mouth to speak I shouted 'Defend the Constitution, Impeach Bush!'" Swanson writes. "I repeated that several times, as people nearby knocked me over, cops handcuffed me, people gave me smiles and thumbs up signs. They threw me out and a couple of more defenders of our Constitution behind me, and then a few more, and then a few more. The handcuffed citizens who'd done their duty kept coming down the hill. They did not arrest us but did give us a ride down the mountain where we joined a crowd of protesters in the road who greeted Bush's limo coming and going."

rawstory.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

join