It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GOP Uses McCain-Feingold Loopholes to Aid McCain

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 12:16 PM
link   
McCain Allies Find Finance-Law Loopholes

Allies of Sen. John McCain have found new loopholes in the campaign-finance law he helped write -- and they're using them to reel in huge contributions to help him compete with Sen. Barack Obama.
That makes the group "the best way to help McCain," says donor David Hanna, who gave $25,000 -- more than 10 times the legal cap of $2,300 for direct gifts to presidential candidates.
Therefore, they are telling donors, unlimited donations they can give for state races will benefit Sen. McCain. That promise, in turn, helps raise more big donations for the group.

I don't think there's really much room to complain about Obama not taking public funding after this little "trick" of the GOP.
The GOP Governor's 527 Group! LOL Slimy. :shk:

To McCain's credit (kind of), he is publicly taking some issue with this strategy.

The McCain campaign itself takes some issue with the group's stated strategy. "If it is in fact telling its donors their money will help elect McCain they are being inaccurate," said spokesman Brian Rogers, noting the group cannot legally attempt to sway a federal race. But he said that because he had not yet seen evidence the group is campaigning on Sen. McCain's behalf, "It's not an issue."

Maybe he should read this article...

[edit on 4-7-2008 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 02:46 PM
link   
More dirty politics from the GOP...While Obama is breaking away from the terrible campaign finance system we have and relying on a grassroots movement, McCain is technically breaking the law and getting away with it. Disgusting

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 02:51 PM
link   
At least they FINALLY have a strategy - no matter how hypocritical and corrupt it may be.

I guess i should have waited to post This

So i wonder.

Since Obama flopped on the public finance issue
and Mccain pulled this

do they cancel each other out? Or is Obama still the dirty cheap shot?

join