It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Everquest 2 vs. WoW vs. Age of Conan

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Out of these 3 MMOs which one do you think is the best? ........................................................................................... (random "."'s because apparently my post isn't long enough and doesn't contribute to the forum)

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 10:01 PM
link   
oh god not this circle jerk again....

JbT

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 02:31 AM
link   
Let me explain my theory.

It doesn’t matter what frigin game you play.

You don’t need to ask people on the internets what they think.

When it comes down to MMOs, your going to enjoy the game that you can sink right into most.

And that is the key; when you pick up the box, in the store, maybe after playing the demo/beta (like I did with FFxi/WoW), if you don’t get that feeling inside you like "OMGs, I got to take 2 weeks off work for this crap". Then burn rubber to the local Staples for a couple extra gigs a ram, and then peel off rubber again all the way to your house just to start the 10 hour install process, my friend, your probably not going to play that game for long term.

This is a very personal thing for most people.

I myself, believe that the best game play and story line is in Final Fantasy 11, the problem with the game is that now it getting old, and even then, it was like a serious full time job... after you came home from your full time real job. It wore on me, and I only lasted a year. There were many nights where I only got a couple hours of sleep just to keep up to pace with my buddies in game. My point is, I have gone back to this game 5 times now and quit 5 times, after a month, realizing how long it would take to "catch up". Even though it’s so dated and really old school now, I like the story and "skill chains" more than any aspect of any MMO I’ve played. The cut scenes are awesome. I haven’t even got into talking about the crafting system, its huge, terribly awesomely time consuming, and IMHO how a MMO should be, somewhat of a pain in the ass. It’s a love hate thing I guess. PvP is none existent basically, but the main story is so long good luck seeing all of it if your not already playing it. I really hope they make that game into a movie series, it would be AWSOME!

I’ve also played WoW for about 3-4 years. I been a "damage officer" (OOOoooo Ahhhhhh!) and help lead a guild to greatness of our own sorts on Blackhand. I’ve play a rouge and had the killing blows on Ony, Rag, Nef, Kazzak, Azurgose, The Green Dragons, C'thun, Prince, and Lady Vash and some other nub ass bosses we were working on before I quit playing. I still enjoy the game. But it’s nowhere near the challenge of other games. It’s a very easy game to play if you’re a damage class. I will give credit to healers and Tanks, which is where skill comes into play. PvP is basically a test of who is the richest dude that can afford to not work and play wow all day, and when he is sleeping have a guild member play for him... Do you have the Trust Fund life to play WoW PvP? You can be a champ!... It has nothing to do with skill. All in all, for easy of play, there is no question why 10 million people play WoW, its easy, its well done, and its satisfying to the point where even if you play for a couple hour, you can feel like you got some where. FFxi did not have this. You needed a 4+ hour block of time min.

I only played AoC for moments at my buddies’ house cause my CPU wont really run it well (I need to see max graphic to play). I would say it has a lot going for it, no question. If I had a top of the line PC I would be playing it I’m sure. But I will say that I’m PRERSONALY not so into the story line. I don’t know a lot of the lore and am not really interested in it all that much, seem dull to me for some reason. Again.... I’m a Final Fantasy style RPG dude. Apart from the story, the game play was pretty well done, but PvP needed a lot of work, again this was early in the release, I hope its got better since.

I never played EQ, or EQ2. Sorry, No opinion.

[edit on 5-7-2008 by JbT]

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 07:20 PM
link   
The most underrated key to any MMO is a strong crafting system. I don't know why that's just how it seems to be.
How is AoC crafting?

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zealott
How is AoC crafting?

It's completely and utterly worthless, most of it doesn't even work correctly.

As for the best I'd have to EQ2 even thought it's the one of 3 I've never played I know the system is more complex than WoW which just stole ideas from previous MMO's and gave it god awful cartoony graphics which come close to making my eyes bleed everytime I see images of it and Conan is just the biggest joke of the modern age of MMO's where the devs there are single handedly destroying the game putting in nerf after nerf & removing content from the game whilst installing a dictatorship playstyle where you are practically forced to group & grind even if you don't want to!

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Ive played wow and I currently place EQ2 and Id have to say that I like EQ2 more. I havnt tryed AoC yet. Is it any good?

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 04:35 PM
link   
I've been playing AoC for a couple days, its alright so far. Lvl 10 Barbarian. Tons and tons of quests in the first town, which kinda gets boring. Hardly anything to do or buy. Its alright. Id rather wait for expansions and such to come out before seriously playing AoC.

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 04:45 PM
link   
WARHAMMER.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 06:40 AM
link   
I want to play EQ2, because the game on station launcher with all expansions is only £15+£8 or £10 for monthly pay. I am loving Age of Conan at the moment because of the groups, parties, PvP and 12 different classes to play. I played WoW off and on for about 2 years and have a lvl 49 paladin (boring). Never will I pay to play WoW again because I play it for a month then get so bored of it again. If I want to play it again, ill go onto private servers.

Whats the lore of EQ2? How does the story start?

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 04:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
I want to play EQ2, because the game on station launcher with all expansions is only £15+£8 or £10 for monthly pay. I am loving Age of Conan at the moment because of the groups, parties, PvP and 12 different classes to play. I played WoW off and on for about 2 years and have a lvl 49 paladin (boring). Never will I pay to play WoW again because I play it for a month then get so bored of it again. If I want to play it again, ill go onto private servers.

Whats the lore of EQ2? How does the story start?

I played everquest when it first came out and it nearly destroyed me! i was spending 10 hours at work and 14 hours playing it. 7 days a week.

You may ask when i slept. lol when i was at work.:bnghd:

I have since calmed down and have played WoW for 2 years i also played EQ2 for about a year from when it first came out.

Life got in the way for a while but i now play EQ2 about 1 hour during the day and sometimes a few hours in the evening but never to the extreme.

As far as play styles are concerned i think WoW is
city.
EQ2 requires timing and positioning and a lot more skill than WoW.

The graphics on WoW are cartoony to say the least but EQ2 is excellent

Crafting takes a bit to get use to and learn and somepeople play EQ2 just to craft. A game in istelf.

Overall i believe EQ2 is far superior to WoW in all respects.

I'm on runnyeye server in the Uk Character Macey (56 Necro), Masey (26 Assassin) and several others i play every now and again.

Look me up if ya start playing.

top topics

join