It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why does the world hate israel

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 11:06 AM
link   
I am wondering why the world is so focused on the state of israel. It seems that
the israelis soldiers can't even go to work with bad breath in fear that they would be accused of gas poisoning palestinians. Its completely insane that there is so much attention on this tiny little state How important are these palestinians anyway. most arab nations hate them. Nobody really cares about African nations killing each other. so what makes israel different

There has to be something quite deeper than we think to this conflict. lets discuss.

+4 more 
posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by heliumboy
How important are these palestinians anyway. most arab nations hate them.

You know that's kinda ironic because alot of people thought the same about the Jews 70 years ago!

The main problem with Israel is they seem to attract trouble, most of it their own fault. After WW2 the UN gave the Jews their land, but that wasn't enough now they're hell bent on reclaiming land which is not rightly theirs and pissing off alot of Arabs and causing alot of unrest for it's Allies.

Israel are like a kid with a rich mommy & daddy (the US) who think they can get away with anything because mommy will foot the bill and bail them out

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by heliumboy

I think it has to do with the fact that they killed Jesus. (Not that Jesus even existed)

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by FlySolo

I thought the Romans killed Jesus through crucifiction ?

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 12:32 PM
link   
dicotech you speak like a 2 year old... when the # hits the fan israel will have are back... the romans did "kill jesus". people say jewish people did, simply for the fact they turned him in... and palestinian people took the land from the jews 500 years ago and now they rightfully got it back. the jews did anyways. and also the state of israel is doing much better than the USA is economiclly. and its not do to the USA giving them money!!!

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Discotech

Sure, the Romans carried out the execution, but wasn't it the Jewish church that put them up to it?

[edit on 4-7-2008 by FlySolo]

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Discotech

It's believed that Jesus caused something of a set-to with the jews, and when roman soldiers arrived on the scene to quell the disturbance set about the jews (being in greater numbers than the romans) and massacred them (as roman soldiers tend to do).

The bible is filled with references to the Jews being unjustly treated by the authorities...

Interestingly, there is one or two theories being thrown about these days about the reasons why Judas betrayed Jesus -

[taken from external source]
The first theory holds that Judas became disillusioned when he realized that Jesus "had no intention of assuming the role of a political-military messiah." The second theory holds that Judas "wanted to force Jesus' hand" and believed that his arrest would lead to a call for an uprising against Roman rule. Other scholars such as John Crossan, author of Who Killed Jesus?, have a somewhat simpler explanation. Crossan speculates that Judas may have been captured in the incident at the Temple--and that he might have been pressured to tell authorities who had caused the Temple trouble, not just where the guilty party might be found.
From this webpage

I'm not really a fan of theology, so i don't know where the good sources are, but it certainly seems like something i could spend years looking over.

Essentially, it is believed that the Romans killed Jesus on behalf of the Jews after he was fingered as having caused the temple massacre.

That's the history of it, at least.

Nowadays, i think people just don't like them because they're;

A) Dependant on western countries for their continued survival.

B) Wealthy.

and

C) They aren't particularly fans of Islam, which isn't in keeping with regional politics.

Essentially, they are an "outsider" nation, which seems to automatically make them a valid target.

[edit on 4-7-2008 by Anti-Tyrant]

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Have you ever considered the very long history of the persecution of israel. from the egyptians to the greek, romans, that something bigger is lurking under the surface. Maybe the reason has nothing to do with nothing to do with being brutal. what did the jews do to deserve the pogroms, the romans, and greeks. you explain how palestinians figure in all of that.

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 01:09 PM
link   

I know about the 12 tribes of Israel. Yes, loooong before the story of Jesus. It seems since the beginning of recorded history they have always been fighting for their sovereignty. I know what your getting at. Why? no clue. But yes, it seems as they have been disliked since the very beginning.

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 01:14 PM
link   

All human lives are important. Jews are not superior to Palestinains, and Germans were not superior to jews, and American southerners were not superior to the Africans they used as slaves. Israel took their land and kicked them off it. You can't do that in the Middle East and not expect problems...

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 01:21 PM
link   
well, people say Israel stole land.

People seem to forget
Jordan was part of original palestine/Israel carved out after ww1.
Jordans are really arab palestines.

jews tried to live peacefully with arab palestines,
arab palestines did not want such a thing, original
palestine/israel was divided and jordan was carved out to give to
arab palestines, NO JEWS were allowed to cross that border.
jews wanted to be left peacefully in the
part they were allowed to stay on, with the remaining arab palestines
that wanted to stay in that area also.

well, that solution did not create peace.
jews even offered to divide the allready divided palestine/israel again if they could be left in peace.

and anyway, after they officially became israel,
the land they captured that everyone says they stole
was after the surrounding arab countries attacked them, ganged up
on them.
I mean, the world was looking on, ready to watch the destruction of Israel,
you know, but somehow , by some miracle, Israel
beat them off and captured land along the way. now they complain.

hey,arabs attacked first, war is not fair, if you go attacking a country,
dont complain if they beat you off and capture some of your land.

I'm editing my post because i do know what is the deeper cause of this
conflict. the arab countries want the palestine/israeli land for themselves.
that land could be ruled by christians or atheists, and it would be the
same exact situation.
the arab countries joined together to attack israel 1948 war, they thought
it would be an easy win, but do you think, if they won, they would have
handed over
that land to the arab palestinians, "we have shed blood to gain back this
land for you brothers". nope, each arab country that participated wanted
the land for themselves. they would have then gone to fight each other
for it. i mean, if they loved their brothers so much as
to shed blood for them, why do they allow them to live in desolation
today, but always offer to shed blood to conquer that land.

[edit on 4-7-2008 by josephine]

[edit on 4-7-2008 by josephine]

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 01:34 PM
link   
There are a lot of much more peaceful and organised countries, so Israel should not be the most loved one. But it should not be where it is also. I think that the reason is simply the amount of bad publicity. A lot of it is true, but only bad things are shown so person starts to think that it is constantly involved in immoral acts. And natrually it is not true, but how can he know otherwise?
Just now i searched : Russia,news. It gave me a sport news and optimistic new energy deal. While there is a great deal of tension in Caucasus and there is also terror and civilian population suffering.
Now Israel,news - closes Gaza, prepares to raize attackers house.
So it is ALL negative almost all of the time.
Very simple. I do not say that there is some hidden hand. Bad news make good ratings. Israel is a relatively easy place to have "bad news" report ,journalists are in abundance and so the area is acting like factory of rating for various news agencies.

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 01:48 PM
link   
The world hates Israel because its one of the last imperialistic/racist regimes in the world. It makes South Africa during apartheid look pleasant.

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Anti-Tyrant

Thanks for the informative post, quite some interesting points raised on the history part but I do agree with you about the modern day reasons for alot of people frowning upon Israel, I wouldn't however go as far as saying the world hates Israel they just merely see it as a minor annoyance like alot of other smaller nations who seem to have a penchant for either causing or attracting trouble ie: Iran, North Korea etc

I also think a lot of unrest is caused by countries like the US acting as a crutch for Israel sending them lots of funding & military hardware, alot of the tech however Israel has secretly sold on to the likes of China & Russia which again will piss people off yet the US still stands by them despite the trouble they insist on creating which again fuels more angst!

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroKnowledge
There are a lot of much more peaceful and organised countries, so Israel should not be the most loved one. But it should not be where it is also. I think that the reason is simply the amount of bad publicity. A lot of it is true, but only bad things are shown so person starts to think that it is constantly involved in immoral acts. And natrually it is not true, but how can he know otherwise?
Just now i searched : Russia,news. It gave me a sport news and optimistic new energy deal. While there is a great deal of tension in Caucasus and there is also terror and civilian population suffering.
Now Israel,news - closes Gaza, prepares to raize attackers house.
So it is ALL negative almost all of the time.
Very simple. I do not say that there is some hidden hand. Bad news make good ratings. Israel is a relatively easy place to have "bad news" report ,journalists are in abundance and so the area is acting like factory of rating for various news agencies.

You know Zero, you and I have had it out about the Israel/Palestine issue before. You are right though. Bad news sells. Israel is a beautiful place, the israeli people are a beautiful people (for the most part), hell I have a tattoo that is in Hebrew. On the other hand, The Palestinian and Arab people are beautiful too (for the most part). I think we need to stop listening to the bad that the media keeps feeding us, and start finding the good. The thread about Iran was a good start. Maybe we need threads like that for Israel and Palestine too. Show the rest of the world that you people (I say it like that because you are there, not in a derogatory sense), do have much more to offer the rest of the world than bad news and killings on both sides of the wall. Show us the natural beauty of Israel, make us want to believe that what we get shown on the news is not representatvie of the people in your country.

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Well, everyone else has mentioned physical issues so I will take a different route and give my opinion. As a Christian, I strongly believe the Jews are God's chosen people and what is occurring in the world today is a spiritual battle. The land of Israel was also prophesied to exist in the end times prior to Jesus' return and if you look through history, the Jews have been persecuted relentlessly and there have been several attempts to wipe them out as a people and nation.

Jesus said Christians would be hated for His sake. Because I believe the Jews are God's covenant people, they are hated as well. Also, because they must still exist as God promised, there is a spiritual battle to destroy the Jews. You destroy the Jews, you destroy God's plan.

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by AshleyD
You destroy the Jews, you destroy God's plan.

I can't help but wonder whether or not hitler was thinking along these lines (i'm not suggesting that you do but thank you for making me aware of this type of thinking) when he decided to make his mark on the world.

However, say what you like - you cannot kill a belief by killing the believers.

A lesson Hitler would have been better off learning sooner rather than later.

[edit on 4-7-2008 by Anti-Tyrant]

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Rook1545

I think that it is a great idea. I do not know how majority of ATS community will react if i will start "spamming" the forum with almost-zero replies "good" posts
but it is worth it, in my opinion.
Thank you for suggesting it. Now when i read something positive with a bit of "ATS" material inside i will try to post it here.

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 02:30 PM
link   
My question is, are these Israelis the actual descendants of the 12 tribes of ancient Israel, or are they just Europeans who are descendants of converts to Judaism?

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroKnowledge
reply to post by Rook1545

I think that it is a great idea. I do not know how majority of ATS community will react if i will start "spamming" the forum with almost-zero replies "good" posts
but it is worth it, in my opinion.
Thank you for suggesting it. Now when i read something positive with a bit of "ATS" material inside i will try to post it here.

I would like to think they might be receptive. Who knows maybe they will start to see each side as actually human beings and not just some gun toting fanatic hellbent on destroying the other side. Even if it had to go in BTS, I think it would do wonders in softening up some stances on both sides.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join