It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The X-Files??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 10:43 AM
link   
I'm into the paranormal and conspiracy theories......should I watch the X-Files from episode 1? I have never seen the show before and have the first season.

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 10:45 AM
link   
I bought the whole series
I'm up to season 6
try to get the whole series its worth it

[edit on 4-7-2008 by The Utopian Penguin]

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Is it like a serial saga? or is every episode like unrelated?

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 11:01 AM
link   
there is a conspiracy story line that spans the series
watch the first season and the others in order you'll pick up on it

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 11:13 AM
link   
You don't have to catch every episode to complete the story's mytharc. I would highly recommend that you do lest you miss some of the series most fantastic moments, especially the shows fantastic black humor.

My favorite non mytharc shows in no particular order:

Humbug

Home

Jose Chung's From Outer Space

War of the Coprophages

Clyde Bruckman's Final Repose

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Most of the episodes have references the the Myth arc"
having the series i would say Its better to watch the shows all in order

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Watch the whole 9 seasons. But the early few are best.

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 06:27 PM
link   
For any of you X-files fans, please make sure you dont miss the oppertunity to ask qustions to the co-writer/executive producer Frank Spotnitz of x-files,

He is a guest on the ATS mix show! so drop him some questions,

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 08:30 AM
link   
I just picked up season 1 this past weekend at Sam's club for $21.00

I loved the X-Files but came into it around season 3 so this is my chance to see it all.

My girlfriend has never seen any of them so we ended up watching half of season 1 last weekend and she loves it.

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 06:23 AM
link   
Heads up:

XFiles Day on Sci-Fi, but a rare event, starting from the Pilot, and several classic episodes:

All descriptions and times EDT, from AOL tv grid: (check your local listings)

All quotes from www.IMdB.com... (thanks for everything IMdB)

The X-Files
(TV14) 60 Min. 08:00AM Thu., Jul 24
SCIFI , CC , Stereo

"Pilot"
Mulder and Scully investigate the strange deaths of members of a high-school graduating class in the Pacific Northwest.
www.imdb.com...
Gillian Anderson, playing Scully for the first time looks like a teenager. Classic scene when she run to Mulder to check her mosquito bites!

Special Agent Dana Scully: [frightened by the marks on her back] What are they? Mulder, what are they!
Special Agent Fox Mulder: [smiles] Mosquito bites.

The original script for this episode called for Mulder and Scully to howl at the moon at one point. Whoa! (this should have been on the bloopers reel)
----------------
The X-Files
(TV14) 60 Min. 09:00AM Thu., Jul 24
Ch. 56, SCIFI , CC , Stereo
www.imdb.com...
"Beyond the Sea"
A condemned murderer claiming to have psychic powers helps the agents find collegians kidnapped by a serial killer.

Tautly acted episode with Brad Dourif. No everyone's favorite but some great scenes. Brad played Piter De Vries in the 1984 version of Dune
-------------------
The X-Files
(TV14) 60 Min. 10:00AM Thu., Jul 24
Ch. 56, SCIFI , CC , Stereo
www.imdb.com...
"The Host"
A genetic mutation stalks victims in Newark, N.J., sewers.

Dana Scully: Flatworms are what are known as obligate endoparasites. They live inside the host, entering the body through the ingestion of larvae or eggs. They are not creatures that go around attacking people.
Fox Mulder: Well, that's good. I didn't want to have to tell Skinner that his murder suspect was a giant, blood-sucking worm.
Dana Scully: Platyhelminthis are often hermaphroditic. Mulder, this is amazing. It's vestigial features appear to be parasitic, but it has primate physiology. Where the hell did it come from?
Fox Mulder: I don't know, but it looks like I'm going to have to tell Skinner that his suspect is a giant, blood-sucking worm after all.

Another fav with some great scenes and Mulder goes after the
---------------------
The X-Files
(TV14) 60 Min. 11:00AM Thu., Jul 24
SCIFI , CC , Stereo
www.imdb.com...
"Clyde Bruckman's Final Repose"
While tracking a serial killer of fortunetellers, Mulder meets a man (Peter Boyle) he believes to be a genuine psychic.

Another fan fave, with a droll portrayal by Peter Boyle (Young Frankenstein)
A cryptic line in the movie which chills fans. "Scully: so tell me when I die. Clyde: "you don't" (this is resolved in another episode involving photographing 'Death')

Clyde Bruckman: You know, there are worse ways to go, but I can't think of a more undignified way than autoerotic asphyxiation.
Mulder: Why are you telling me that?
Clyde Bruckman: Look, forget I mentioned it. It's none of my business.

-----------
The X-Files
(TV14) 60 Min. 12:00PM Thu., Jul 24
SCIFI , CC , Stereo
www.imdb.com...

"Memento Mori"

Fear for Scully's health prompts the agents to review the circumstances of her abduction two years earlier.
Not everyone's favorite. "Remember you must die" is the literal translation of the title. Somewhat of a downer, but features G.A.
------------
The X-Files
(TV14) 60 Min. 01:00PM Thu., Jul 24
SCIFI , CC , Stereo
www.imdb.com...
"The Post-Modern Prometheus"
A letter draws Scully and Mulder to a small town and a modern Frankenstein. (rare B&W episode)
A classic Scully Wrap up from IMDB

Dana Scully: Psychologists often speak of the denial of an unthinkable evil or a misplacement of shared fears, anxieties taking the form of a hideous monster for whom the most horrific human attributes can be ascribed. What we can't possibly imagine ourselves capable of we can blame of the ogre, on the hunchback, on the lowly half-breed. Common sense alone will tell you that these legends, these unverified rumors, are ridiculous.

Plus, Bonus Scene Mulder and Scully dance to a song by Cher, and written by Cher herself (few people know this). Cher was portrayed by an, uh imitator, but regretted not doing it herself when she saw the episode when it aired. (dayum). It might have actually been more kitschy with he imitator. (lol)

---------------------------------
The X-Files
(TV14) 60 Min. 02:00PM Thu., Jul 24
SCIFI , CC , Stereo
www.imdb.com...
"Bad Blood"
Mulder and Scully have different stories about a death stemming from one of their investigations.
One of the best with Luke Wilson..

Features the famous 'vibrating bed' scene.

A classic and for many a fav episode. Vampires? Trailer Parks? and more. Don't miss this one.

Scully: First of all, if the family of Ronnie Strickland does indeed decide to sue the FBI for, I think the figure is $446 million, then you and I both will most certainly be co-defendants. And second of all... I don't even have a second of all, Mulder! $446 million! I'm in this as deep as you are, and I'm not even the one that overreacted! I didn't do the thing!
Mulder: I did not overreact, Ronnie Strickland was a vampire!
Scully: Where's your proof?
Mulder: You're my proof! You were there! Okay, now you're scaring me. I want to hear exactly what you're going to tell Skinner.
Scully: Oh, you want our stories straight.
Mulder: No, no, I didn't say that! I just want to hear it the way you saw it.
Scully: I don't feel comfortable with that...
Mulder: Prison, Scully! Your cell mate's nickname is going to be Large Marge. She going to read a lot of Gertrude Stein.

-----------------

[edit on 24-7-2008 by Badge01]

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 09:56 AM
link   
I would most definitely recommend owning each and every season.

However, if the myth arc is your sort of your thing, you can also purchase DVD sets that only contain those episodes.

X-Files Mythology

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 03:51 PM
link   
i am addicted
started to watch it from season 1 again
since my mother tongue isn.t english it is kind of adventure to watch them now in english
but it is fantastic, some times scary and worth while!

can.t wait to watch again, so yeah do it, watch every single second!

and david duchovney is a hottie!
one of the 10 sexiest men alive!

[edit on 13-8-2008 by orange-light]

new topics

top topics

join