It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This was Your Life!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Hello everyone, hope all is good and well. Just wanted to share this with you guys.

This tract was found here: www.chick.com...

More can be found here:
www.chick.com...

I advise you guys to check these out! And No its not scare tactics, because I just showed the whole tract. And they show you the whole tract online!

If anyone knows how i can insert images on here please let me know!

[edit on 7/4/2008 by furiousracer313]

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Almost looks like scare tactics to buy their book. lol

Not saying that is what they are doing, it just looks like that.

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 10:57 AM
link   
I seriously HATE religious tracts and I'm not fond of the people who pass them out. I feel the need to qualify these emotions with losts of pissed off faces.

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 11:02 AM
link   
This almost looks like those Cartoons books that were handed out by religious people in the mid 80's. I used to see a bunch of these but have not seen them in a long long time.

They were small and rectangular and covered many religious topics but most of them prayed on fears to get their message across. Anyone else remember these?

[edit on 4-7-2008 by jwstarry]

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by jwstarry

Yeah, and that is exactly what it is. Apparently they still make them. Maybe the subliminal message is...if you are a bad person you look really really ugly. Instead of a face lift, just convert.

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Ok ur subliminal message thought is completely wrong. What makes u disbelieve in our savior Jesus Christ? He did not just for me, and you, but for EVERYONE!! And still u dont believe??

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 01:17 PM
link   
So where is the conspiracy theory? Where is the debate? This was just blatant propoganda. Not even interesting propoganda.

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 07:27 PM
link   
No conspiracy, the point is that you all should save ur souls, by accepting Jesus Christ as ur Lord and Savior.

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 07:39 PM
link   
ha! i grew up w/ these. imagine having, as a young impressionable child, this idea being put into your head that you either believe or your creator made a place to send you. these tracts are as much a part of my childhood as christmas morning is to all of you.

scare tactic? yes, but this is what ppl believe.

it made me angry and frightened as a child. i would always cry asking God why did he make me or anyone else for that matter if this was to be the end result for not believing and/or not being perfect.

i have since shed everything religious about christianity, and although i believe in my Creator, i look at things so differently.

i believe there is a MAJOR difference btw being evil and experiencing life. i can see beyond the "control" of what is in the bible and see the love of a Creator who never meant for any of us to live under such bonds of fear and self loathing. I think a lot of that is put there by those who want to control others or feel superior to them. for shame!

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by furiousracer313
No conspiracy, the point is that you all should save ur souls, by accepting Jesus Christ as ur Lord and Savior.

But who should we worship god or jesus?

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Who is this "Jesus Christ" that can save souls?

Your idealisim about such a charactor is making an idol out of a man. You don't know Jesus nor would you reconize him if he put his boot up your mule.

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 08:15 PM
link   
I actually used to have a hardcopy of this one.
As for the whole thing... apparently we are supposed to apologize and feel shamed for being human. I've made mistakes, and I will make mistakes, something I accepted and moved on about a while back.
Generally speaking, when I get where I'm going, I'll meet whoever is at the Pearly Gates and shake his (maybe her, who knows what kinda shifts they have on guard duty) hand, say howdy to Mr. Yeshua, and see what his opinion is. I've lived my life the best I can, and I try to help others, not with words, not with pretty pictures that cary the fire and brimstone we all know and love, but with actions and deeds, something it seems the Church has sort of forgotten about these day.

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Ok ur subliminal message thought is completely wrong. What makes u disbelieve in our savior Jesus Christ? He did not just for me, and you, but for EVERYONE!! And still u dont believe??

Is this guy serious?

After reviewing the OP I suspect that he is. Silly Me, I assumed he was posting these images for people to review and look at objectively; not for us to swallow like some psychotropic drug. WTF was I thinking?

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by justamomma
ha! i grew up w/ these. imagine having, as a young impressionable child, this idea being put into your head that you either believe or your creator made a place to send you. these tracts are as much a part of my childhood as christmas morning is to all of you.

scare tactic? yes, but this is what ppl believe.

it made me angry and frightened as a child. i would always cry asking God why did he make me or anyone else for that matter if this was to be the end result for not believing and/or not being perfect.

i have since shed everything religious about christianity, and although i believe in my Creator, i look at things so differently.

i believe there is a MAJOR difference btw being evil and experiencing life. i can see beyond the "control" of what is in the bible and see the love of a Creator who never meant for any of us to live under such bonds of fear and self loathing. I think a lot of that is put there by those who want to control others or feel superior to them. for shame!

You are completely WRONG. You believe in ur creator, yet u call the Book he left for u (The Bible) a lie... God says we are all sinners and dont deserve heaven, so he sent Jesus his son, which is the same God, to die on the cross for all of our sins. So all we have to do if ask for forgiveness, and believe that Jesus died on the cross for us, and accept him as our Lord and Savior, and live a righteous life, as the Bible tells us to.

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by _Phoenix_

But who should we worship god or jesus?

Jesus is God. God made himself human as Jesus to save the human race. Jesus, God, and the Holy Spirit are one.

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Incarnated

Who is this "Jesus Christ" that can save souls?

Your idealisim about such a charactor is making an idol out of a man. You don't know Jesus nor would you reconize him if he put his boot up your mule.

Those of you that dont know Jesus Christ, here he is:

Jesus Christ

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by furiousracer313

Furiousracer, ATS is not for proselytizing or recruiting, for any religion, group, or cause. Please, don't make the rest of us report you. Stop giving Christians a bad name by violating the T&C and annoying others. If people want information on Jesus Christ, they will seek it out. If you want to talk about conspiracies regarding Christianity please do. If you want to pass out tracts, go stand on the streetcorner.

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by sc2099

Furiousracer, ATS is not for proselytizing or recruiting, for any religion, group, or cause. Please, don't make the rest of us report you. Stop giving Christians a bad name by violating the T&C and annoying others. If people want information on Jesus Christ, they will seek it out. If you want to talk about conspiracies regarding Christianity please do. If you want to pass out tracts, go stand on the streetcorner.

So i can talk # about God, but not spread his word? Your an idiot, if u have real balls, go report me...

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 01:22 AM
link   

I never suggested that you say anything negative about your god or religion. ATS is for CONSPIRACIES and I suggested you post about CONSPIRACY. The forum you posted in was CONSPIRACIES IN RELIGION. This thread has nothing to do with a conspiracy and I see it's gotten moved to BTS where it belongs.

new topics

top topics

join