It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Proof in your bible that Jesus was not GOD

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2004 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Jesus worshiping his God:

Let us look at Luke 5:16 "And he (Jesus) withdrew himself into the wilderness and prayed to his God." Here we see that Jesus had a God, a supreme God, who is higher than him and stronger than him. Jesus was God's servant and he prayed to God so God would strengthen him more and reinforce him with patience and desire to continue his mission in spreading the word of God Almighty.

Also, let us look at Matthew 26:39 "And going a little way forward, he (Jesus) fell upon his face, praying and saying 'My Father, if it is possible, let this cup pass away from me. Yet, not as I will, but as you will.' " Here in this verse we see two things: (1) Jesus bowed down on his face and prayed in submission to his GOD in obedience. (2) Jesus was begging his GOD to let the cup pass away from him. Jesus did not have the power to will it for himself and make the cup pass away from Jesus. GOD had to do it for Jesus !. How can Jesus be the Creator of this Universe, the all knowing, most powerful??!!

Also, let us look at Matthew 26:42 "Again, for the second time, he (Jesus) went off and prayed, saying: 'My Father, if it is not possible for this to pass away except I drink it, let your will take place.'" My comments on this verse are similar to the above one (Matthew 26:39), Jesus begged his GOD to will what Jesus wanted to happen. Jesus couldn't will it by himself.

Also, let us look at Matthew 26:44 "So leaving them, he (Jesus) went off and prayed for the third time, saying once more the same word." Here we see that Jesus for the third time begged his GOD to will what Jesus wished for in Matthew 26:39 above. How can Jesus be the Creator of this Universe if he (1) begs, and (2) lacks power?!

Now in Isaiah 9:6 "......and the princely rule will come to be upon his shoulder......",

Let us look at Luke 22:29 "and I make a covenant with you, just as my Father (my GOD) has made a covenant with me, for a kingdom,". Here we see that Jesus came down to serve Jehovah's Kingdom. It wasn't Jehovah who was in Jesus in this verse. It was Jesus the Messenger of God who was serving his God's Kingdom, Jehovah's Kingdom.

Let us look at 2 Samuel 7:13 -14 "He (David) is the one that will build a house for My Name (Jehovah's Name), and I shall certainly establish the throne of his kingdom firmly to time indefinite. I myself shall become his Father (His Guardian or Inspirer), and he himself will become my son. When he does wrong, I will also reprove him with the rod of men and with the strokes of the sons of Adam." In this verse, we see that David who came before Jesus had done the same thing to God as Jesus did. David was a king, leader, and a messenger from God. It doesn't say that Jehovah is in David, nor it says that David is Jehovah. The same way we interpret 2 Samuel 7:13-14 and all the verses about David should be the same way we should interpret the Verses that talk about Jesus. Jesus is not Jehovah, nor ever was.

Let us look at Revelation 19:16 "And upon his (Jesus) outer garment, even upon his thigh, he has a name written, King of kings and Lord of lords." Here we see that Jesus was called the King of all Kings and the Lord (leader or master) of all Lords (masters). It doesn't prove anything about Jesus being Jehovah, nor ever talks about Jehovah.

Let us look at Mathew 28:18-20 "And Jesus approached and spoke to them, saying: All authority (from GOD) has been given me in heaven and on the earth. Go therefore and make disciples of people of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father (God), the Son (Jesus), and the Holy Spirit (GOD's inspiration), teaching them to observe all the things I have commanded you. And look! I am with you all the days until the conclusion of the system of things." Here in this verse we have few points that Trinitarians often confuse. Trinitarians use this verse very heavily to try to prove that Jehovah or Allah is 3 in 1, meaning that GOD is the father + Jesus + The Holy Spirit.

This claim is a false one, because when Jesus said in Mathew 28:18-20 ".....All authority (from GOD) has been give to me in heaven and on the earth...." it clearly shows that Jesus had a stronger or higher power over him. One has to ask himself a very simple question here: How can GOD say that GOD had given him authority? It doesn't make any sense, does it?

Also, when Jesus in Mathew 28:18-20 said ".....baptizing them in the name of the Father (God), the Son (Jesus), and the Holy Spirit (GOD'S inspiration)...." he didn't say go and baptize people in my name (Jehovah). He mentioned his GOD first, then himself (GOD'S messenger), and in GOD's inspiration (The Holy Spirit). This clearly disproves the claim that GOD IS THREE = GOD+JESUS+HOLY SPIRIT.

www.answering-christianity.com...

I think that the whole Jesus is God thing was created by the "holy" Roman Catholic Church to misguide people from the truth. They made us deviated from the teachings of Christ and worship a man instead of worshiping God the Most High. Blasphemy I tell you, Blasphemy

"Away from me, Satan! For it is written: 'Worship the Lord your God, and serve him only.' " (From the NIV Bible, Matthew 4:8-10)"

posted on Mar, 8 2004 @ 07:29 AM
link   
I don't understand where people are saying that Jesus was God, or was an avataar of God... Jesus was never any of those things.

He always referred to God as his Father. When he was in the garden before being captured, God gave him a choice to go through with it or not. While on the cross, Jesus cried out to Him.

Now, unless God is scizophrenic, or an ego-maniac, why would he refer to Himself in the third-person that way?

Even when Jesus was before the temple rulers, Jesus didn't tell them "Why, yes, I am God". A prophet is a prophet, a messiah is a messiah, and a god is a god.

Calling himself "The Son of Man"... would this mean that we humans created God?

posted on Mar, 8 2004 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Ive did this before, but if you want I could give you 20 some passages in which jesus
refs to himself as God, or is stated as the one from th beggining if you want?

Im wondering though if its useless writing.

Gd bless.

posted on Mar, 8 2004 @ 11:33 AM
link   
For instance in 2nd samuel 13

" His messanger " "" when he does wrong ""

I know two pasages i the NT which says Jesus never sinned or did any wrong. This is what the apostles say, and even in Islam
they dn't believe Jesus ever sinned.

This is just an example of how easy it is to twist passages to an agenda.

God bless.

posted on Mar, 8 2004 @ 11:48 AM
link   
He was born into sin, since he was mortal. 'Original sin' and all that stuff...

I know we can be "like onto God"; but I still doubt Jesus was God... it goes against the idea of... train of thought left station... umm... God wanted people to see a deeper meaning to Jesus' sacrifice. Sure, God could have wiped away our sins, but what would that have accomplished? HE wanted us to see what one man would do to save us.

Besides, would God have limited HIS powers/abilites? When it came time for the crucifiction, would God have argued with himself (the garden scene)? Would God have pleaded forgiveness to Himself?

Then, too, are the rumours between Jesus and Mary of Mag...

All of us are made in the image of God, so we all could say that yes, we are onto God. It was Jesus that carried the moral implications along with that.

posted on Mar, 8 2004 @ 11:55 AM
link   
I knows its hard to believe, but this is what the prophecies, psalms, and jesus imself say. I have every passage written down where he says he is God.

The garden sceen was a message to us to put our Gods will infront ofours. Jesus came as a servant to serve sin. He felt pain as a human so of course he was scared in the garden of the future pain, but, he knew what he prayed when he prayed it. " not my will but thine be done " this is a sign to the reader to
put Gods will above ours in any situation.

and if God never said this pray in the garden or asked the cup to pass from him, I woul of never seen it like this, andthis is why he did it so the reader would know about Gods will in all things.

This is how I see it.

peace.

posted on Mar, 8 2004 @ 12:02 PM
link   
John chapter 1

1 In the beginning the Word already existed. He was with God, and he was God.
2 He was in the beginning with God.

3 He created everything there is. Nothing exists that he didn't make.
4 Life itself was in him, and this life gives light to everyone.
5 The light shines through the darkness, and the darkness can never extinguish it.
6 God sent John the Baptist 7 to tell everyone about the light so that everyone might believe because of his testimony.
8 John himself was not the light; he was only a witness to the light.
9 The one who is the true light, who gives light to everyone, was going to come into the world.
10 But although the world was made through him, the world didn't recognize him when he came.
11 Even in his own land and among his own people, he was not accepted.
12 But to all who believed him and accepted him, he gave the right to become children of God.
13 They are reborn! This is not a physical birth resulting from human passion or plan-this rebirth comes from God.

14 So the Word became human and lived here on earth among us. He was full of unfailing love and faithfulness.* And we have seen his glory, the glory of the only Son of the Father.

posted on Mar, 8 2004 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Truth

Ive did this before, but if you want I could give you 20 some passages in which jesus
refs to himself as God, or is stated as the one from th beggining if you want?

Im wondering though if its useless writing.

Gd bless.

So you admitting that there are contradictions? That's not like you truth.

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 12:54 AM
link   
Datruth, what i mean is that ive given 100s of passages over and over to respond to these type of post
and wondered it to be useless doing it again.

I mean come on guys. what are you scared of? that Jesus could actually be God and that you might not want to face up to it? I truly do not get it. I never grew up christian and probably sinned more than you could imagine yourself sinning Datruth, and when I read his words and saw miracles of him personally in private and gave up sin he revealed himself to me, and I (accepted) his truth before the miracles.

I will never get the stumbling block. the inner secret that you guys need to dis prove him all the time. There must be a reason, there has to be a reason. And I just do notknow what it is?

God Bless.

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Truth

Datruth, what i mean is that ive given 100s of passages over and over to respond to these type of post
and wondered it to be useless doing it again.

I mean come on guys. what are you scared of? that Jesus could actually be God and that you might not want to face up to it? I truly do not get it. I never grew up christian and probably sinned more than you could imagine yourself sinning Datruth, and when I read his words and saw miracles of him personally in private and gave up sin he revealed himself to me, and I (accepted) his truth before the miracles.

I will never get the stumbling block. the inner secret that you guys need to dis prove him all the time. There must be a reason, there has to be a reason. And I just do notknow what it is?

God Bless.

I am not trying to disprove Jesus but merely state that history has perverted his message. Why do you think Martian Luther went against the church and started the Lutheran branch. Because they were lying to the people and using what they knew to make money and it is still happening to day. I'm not scared of what happens to men when I die. Why because I have a mind and when I read the gospels and the Koran I see the message that both were trying to send yet those in power perverse the message to mislead the people. This sickens me so much that I feel compelled to tell people the truth. The only way you can let them see the truth is with there own eyes. Read the passages don't ignore them.

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 11:28 AM
link   
what in the world are you talking about?

thats not what our church teaches. Not one holy pope or saint or council has taught that you would be forgiven by giving money to the church. this is not historical or doctrinal at all, but some evil men in the church
have twisted our own teaching and posed to be catholic to do what you mentioned.

" read the pasages "

I have over and over, and have gone through length to write down every passage which jesus himself proclaims himself to be God. this is biblical, something catholics believe as well as lutherans believe that Jesus is God.

Whta luther did was break away from the church (the teaching) church because of mans actions in the church, and he created a whole new religion not practiced by anyone up until he created a new church which Jesus did not found, and he started the biggest evil in all of mandkind and that is the creation of 30,000 different christian denominations which ALL believe in something different. So if they are all right then heaven is divided and all christians are against one another. How come
some of these churches recieve communion and some don't? how come some believe he is God and some don't?

He Luther has caused a evil monster and started the revolt talkied about in Timothy before the antichrists arrival.

I go by the true teachings of the church I read from the councils and catechisms, and not one of them go against biblical teachings, and not one of them say to give money in order to be saved, its just not the truth.

Like i said, if I gave you a list of passages would it be useless writing?

Datruth yoiu don't believe in God right? I mean what is the stumbing block that even if you might think he could be God, why do ou feel the need to disprove he is God, not disprove the church, because you don't even believe in Luther, so don't tell me that because if I was Lutheran than you would still not believe so this has nothing to do with a church
but with Jesus being God.

I know people in my faily just don't believe in invisible man

Some like their lifestyle and don't want to bow down so to speak to a God

I have no clue where you are coming from?

Peace.

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Netchicken
John chapter 1

1 In the beginning the Word already existed. He was with God, and he was God.
2 He was in the beginning with God.

3 He created everything there is. Nothing exists that he didn't make.
4 Life itself was in him, and this life gives light to everyone.
5 The light shines through the darkness, and the darkness can never extinguish it.
6 God sent John the Baptist 7 to tell everyone about the light so that everyone might believe because of his testimony.
8 John himself was not the light; he was only a witness to the light.
9 The one who is the true light, who gives light to everyone, was going to come into the world.
10 But although the world was made through him, the world didn't recognize him when he came.
11 Even in his own land and among his own people, he was not accepted.
12 But to all who believed him and accepted him, he gave the right to become children of God.
13 They are reborn! This is not a physical birth resulting from human passion or plan-this rebirth comes from God.

14 So the Word became human and lived here on earth among us. He was full of unfailing love and faithfulness.* And we have seen his glory, the glory of the only Son of the Father.

well netchicken how do you explain this?

"'Why do you call me good?' Jesus answered. 'No one is good except God alone.'" - Mark 10:18

"So Jesus said, 'When you have lifted up the Son of Man, then you will know that I am the one I claim to be and that I do nothing on my own but speak just what the Father has taught me.'" - John 8:28

"The father who sent me has himself testified concerning me. You have never heard his voice nor seen his form." - John 5:37

"Not everyone who says to Me, 'Lord, Lord', shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he only he who does the will of My Father in heaven." - Matthew 7:21

"For I have come down from heaven not to do my will but to do the will of him who sent me." - John 6:38

"Father, if you are willing, take this cup from me; yet not my will, but yours be done." - Luke 22:42

"About the ninth hour Jesus cried out in a loud voice, "My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?" - Matthew 27:46

"Jesus said to them, "If God were your Father, you would love me, for I came from God and now am here. I have not come on my own; but he sent me." - John 8:42

"For I did not speak of my own accord, but the Father who sent me commanded me what to say and how to say it." - John 12:49

"I am not seeking glory for myself; but there is one who seeks it, and he is the judge." - John 8:50

"I tell you the truth, no servant is greater than his master, nor is a messenger greater than the one who sent him." - John 13:16

"Jesus said to them, 'Only in his hometown and in his own house is a prophet without honor.'" - Matthew 13:57

"Jesus answered, 'My teaching is not my own. It comes from him who sent me.'" - John 7:16

"You heard me say, 'I am going away and I am coming back to you.' If you loved me, you would be glad that I am going to the Father, for the Father is greater than I." - John 14:28

[Edited on 10-3-2004 by DaTruth]

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Do you two always follow each other? Have either of you gotten along on any thread?

It is times like these, when you must ask yourself, "What would Jesus do?"

I now return you to your normally schedualed performance.

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Here's a little history lesson about paganism and the catholic church. don't deny the facts and call Luther not practicing the true religion of "Jesus" When the catholic church used to sell indulgences. Theses were basically saying if you ant to get to heaven pay us and we will perform a ceremony. Get your facts straight!!!!!!

A Druid Priest led the ceremonies which were usually a bonfire (to keep evil spirits away and give thanks to the sun) and fruits and nuts being placed outside houses or taken with great ceremony away from the village. This was done so that these offerings wouldn�t lead spirits straight to their door. Blood sacrifices were also a part of the traditions to give back to the earth in thanks for all it had given them. Most stayed in doors, or disguised themselves so spirits wouldn�t know them, or think they were a spirit as well..

These traditions continued on until the 7th century, as the Roman Catholic Church gain power and wanted to force pagans to practice Christianity. Knowing that pagans didn�t care for it, with all the rules and restrictions, they created a day called All Saints or All Hallows (meaning holy) Eve. This was a celebration of all the Saints without specific days, which fell straight on Samhain. That way the celebration was to Christ, in the Churches way of thinking. However the pagans still practices their religions.

In England, in 1517 there was a split in the church when Martian Luther nailed his statement to the church door. He had strong opinions on paganism, basically a zero tolerance of it. He used the Roman Catholic Churches softness in incorporating Christ into the pagan rituals against the Catholics.

www.geocities.com...

Do you want more proof!!!!!!!!! here are the words of Martian Luther himself!!!!!!!

_Letter to the Archbishop Albrecht of Mainz_
by Dr. Martin Luther,
October 31, 1517
Published in:
_Works of Martin Luther_
Adolph Spaeth, L.D. Reed, Henry Eyster Jacobs, et Al., Trans. & Eds.
(Philadelphia: A. J. Holman Company, 1915),
Volume 1, pp. 25-28

LETTER TO THE ARCHBISHOP ALBRECHT
OF MAINZ

OCTOBER 31, 1517

To the Most Reverend Father in Christ and Most Illustrious
Lord, Albrecht of Magdeburg and Mainz, Archbishop and Primate
of the Church, Margrave of Brandenburg, etc., his own lord and
pastor in Christ, worthy of reverence and fear, and most
gracious.

JESUS

The grace of God be with you in all its fulness and power!

Spare me, Most Reverend Father in Christ and Most Illustrious
Prince, that I, the dregs of humanity, have so much boldness
that I have dared to think of a letter to the height of your
Sublimity. The Lord Jesus is my witness that, conscious of my
smallness and baseness, I have long deferred what I am now
shameless enough to do, -- moved thereto most of all by the
duty of fidelity which I acknowledge that I owe to your most
Reverend Fatherhood in Christ. Meanwhile, therefore, may your
Highness deign to cast an eye upon one speck of dust, and for
the sake of your pontifical clemency to heed my prayer.

Papal indulgences for the building of St. Peter's are
circulating under your most distinguished name
, and as regards
them, I do not bring accusation against the outcries of the
preachers, which I have not heard, so much as I grieve over
the wholly false impressions which the people have conceived
from them; to wit, -- the unhappy souls believe that if they
have purchased letters of indulgence they are sure of their
salvation;
again, that so soon as they cast their
contributions into the money-box, souls fly out of purgatory;
furthermore, that these graces [i.e., the graces conferred in
the indulgences are so great that there is no sin too great
to be absolved, even, as they say -- though the thing is
impossible -- if one had violated the Mother of God; again,
that a man is free, through these indulgences, from all
penalty and guilt.

O God, most good! Thus souls committed to your care, good
Father, are taught to their death, and the strict account,
which you must render for all such, grows and increases. For
this reason I have no longer been able to keep quiet about
this matter, for it is by no gift of a bishop that man becomes
sure of salvation, since he gains this certainty not even by
the "inpoured grace" of God, but the Apostle bids us always
"work out our own salvation in fear and trembling," and Peter
says, "the righteous scarcely shall be saved." Finally, so
narrow is the way that leads to life, that the Lord, through
the prophets Amos and Zechariah, calls those who shall be
saved "brands plucked from the burning," and everywhere
declares the difficulty of salvation.

Why, then, do the preachers of pardons, by these false fables
and promises, make the people careless and fearless? Whereas
indulgences confer on us no good gift, either for salvation or
for sanctity, but only take away the external penalty, which
it was formerly the custom to impose according to the canons.

Finally, works of piety and love are infinitely better than
indulgences, and yet these are not preached with such ceremony
or such zeal;
nay, for the sake of preaching the indulgences
they are kept quiet, though it is the first and the sole duty
of all bishops that the people should learn the Gospel and the
love of Christ, for Christ never taught that indulgences
should be preached.
How great then is the horror, how great
the peril of a bishop, if he permits the Gospel to be kept
quiet, and nothing but the noise of indulgences to be spread
among his people! Will not Christ say to them, "straining at a
gnat and swallowing a camel"?

In addition to this, Most Reverend Father in the Lord, it is
said in the Instruction to the Commissaries which is issued
under your name, Most Reverend Father (doubtless without your
knowledge and consent), that one of the chief graces of
indulgence is that inestimable gift of God by which man is
reconciled to God, and all the penalties of purgatory are
destroyed. Again, it is said that contrition is not necessary
in those who purchase souls [out of purgatory] or buy
confessionalia.

But what can I do, good Primate and Most Illustrious Prince,
except pray your Most Reverend Fatherhood by the Lord Jesus
Christ that you would deign to look [on this matter] with the
eye of fatherly care, and do away entirely with that treatise
and impose upon the preachers of pardons another form of
preaching; lest, perchance, one may some time arise, who will
publish writings in which he will confute both them and that
treatise, to the shame of your Most Illustrious Sublimity. I
shrink very much from thinking that this will be done, and yet
I fear that it will come to pass, unless there is some speedy
remedy.

These faithful offices of my insignificance I beg that your
Most Illustrious Grace may deign to accept in the spirit of a
Prince and a Bishop, i.e., with the greatest clemency, as I
offer them out of a faithful heart, altogether devoted to you,
Most Reverend Father, since I too am a part of your flock.

May the Lord Jesus have your Most Reverend Fatherhood
eternally in His keeping. Amen.

From Wittenberg on the Vigil of All Saints, MDXVII.

If it please the Most Reverend Father he may see these my
Disputations, and learn how doubtful a thing is the opinion of
indulgences which those men spread as though it were most
certain.

To the Most Reverend Father,
BROTHER MARTIN LUTHER.

www.iclnet.org...

What he's basically trying to say is that you don't need to give the church money to obtain salvation!!! Do you know what I�m talking about now. Please do your research before you start talking about things you know nothing about!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Whta luther did was break away from the church (the teaching) church because of mans actions in the church,

Exactlly misleading people about what was in the books and selling induulgences

and he created a whole new religion not practiced by anyone up until he created a new church which Jesus did not found,

Jesus didn't found the holy roman catholic church either. That was Constiene who mixed pagan and Christian ideals and brought Christianity to the forefront to unify the roman empire

and he started the biggest evil in all of mandkind and that is the creation of 30,000 different christian denominations which ALL believe in something different.

well if the catholic church wasn't so corrupt he wouldn't of had to break away from the church so don't blame him for doing what right

So if they are all right then heaven is divided and all christians are against one another. How come
some of these churches recieve communion and some don't? how come some believe he is God and some don't?

That debate was started long before Martian Luther, once again it goes back to constienne. Some believe that he was God and some didn't. The priest gain to much power and he had to unify them so he brought them all together to say that he was a transcended version of God

I don't think you even read my post Truth. I broke down everything your said. Can you do the same with mine...no Because I have history to back up my claims

[Edited on 9-3-2004 by DaTruth]

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by soothsayer
Do you two always follow each other? Have either of you gotten along on any thread?

It is times like these, when you must ask yourself, "What would Jesus do?"

I now return you to your normally schedualed performance.

I know I know. I was going to leave it alone until he started attacking my belief. He has no historical fact to back up his claims I do. You ask what would Jesus do. He would of gave up this argument a long time ago cause you can only bring out so much evidence. If he chooses to ignore it fine it's a free country but don't tell me I don't know what I'm talking about when I do.

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 01:03 PM
link   
I'm sorry *snicker*, but it is all rather silly, if you think about it. Religion is a personal thing, everybody can be given the same book, and everybody will get a different message.

Is it really that big of a deal?

The point behind Jesus was his message, not who he was.

*luaghing*

You two are sounding like versions of me and Hamilton!

But I say all this in jest, no insults meant.

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 01:23 PM
link   

I'm sorry *snicker*, but it is all rather silly, if you think about it. Religion is a personal thing, everybody can be given the same book, and everybody will get a different message.

Is it really that big of a deal?

The point behind Jesus was his message, not who he was.

*luaghing*

You two are sounding like versions of me and Hamilton!

But I say all this in jest, no insults meant.

None taken. I know I really need to stop. Hey Truth how bout we just call a truce. I respect your belief. If it helps you become a better person so be it. Ok i'm done. I hope you respect mine and see where i'm coming from.

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 01:30 PM
link   
I don't think it'll end... but hey, it makes for a good read!

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 04:14 PM
link   

I don't think it'll end... but hey, it makes for a good read!

I will end when Truth come up with some historical claims to back up his rhetoric.
But until then it's WAR!!!!!
:bash::bash:

top topics

join